Photo
- - - - -

Kinect Star Wars Console Bundle $399.99 at Best Buy/Amazon/Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Amazon might be more lenient then Gamestop though, so it never hurts to try.

#32 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

keep dropping keep dropping :D :D

lets go $300 and below

#33 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Past trends show that special edition consoles fall in price hard and fast. This may never hit the $279 price point that the gears and MW3 console hit but I would expect it to hit $349 easily. They should have released this 6 months to a year ago. As it is there is most likely going to be a big price drop at E3 which will make the $449 price point look even more silly with most likely less then two years left till the next console comes out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this at some newegg blow out at $299-320 level sometime in late June or July. MS is will probably announce another bundle at E3 (a Halo 4 themed one would not very surprising) and by late June or July, MS will be looking to free up space and capital and dump any remaining SW bundles to make room for that new bundle coming out in the fall.

I wouldn't be banking on an E3 hardware price cut if this 360 on a 2 year contract rumor turns out to be true. If is legit, its going to remove some of the pressure for a price cut by providing an illusion of a cheap entry level price point....although I would still expect some sort of cut later on in the year...but more likely in the fall and more of a $30 level cut vs a $50. While hardware sales are down, I don't know if MS feels like cutting prices to beat up Sony even more is necessary at this exact moment in time, and more tactical spending on promos/gift cards to goose sales as needed would be cheaper in the short term than a price cut.

#34 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

It will go lower.

To what? this is still pretty expensive for me..

#35 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Bought this for $450 with a free game from Gamestop. No way I'm getting any adjustment.

That being said, I'd wait. Sure these might be collector items, in say 10 or 20 years. But right now they're too expensive, the Kinect game sucks, and everyone has these for sale.

#36 imaramman

imaramman

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

If someone actually gets the price adjustment from Amazon (and they also got the $50 gc with the order) please post here and let others know.

#37 VOLTAN

VOLTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

If someone actually gets the price adjustment from Amazon (and they also got the $50 gc with the order) please post here and let others know.

Yes, please do.

#38 Violator

Violator

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

still way overpriced..
"You girls don't seem to mind much when we have to lick that thing down there that smells like an underarm."

#39 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

It's so cool but too much to buy unless your current Xbox is deadzos

#40 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

Amazon - I asked for a price adjustment. The rep said it's way past the allowed time since I bought it last year. I told her I preordered it last year and it was only sent out last month. She checked my account, confirmed it and said price adjustments can only be done within 7 days since prices can fluctuate daily and double checked the policies. I told her I understood and if there's anything she could do. She said I could return it as I still had a few days and repurchase. I said it would be a waste of time for everyone for me to send it and then for them to send it back to me for just $50. I said since I can't get a price adjustment is there any way I can get credit for a future purchase. She checked the policies again and said since I've been a good customer she would credit my account $20.

So overall I got the $50 credit for the purchase, the downloadable character, and another $20 credit.

The lady was very polite and professional and I actually enjoyed speaking with her. I kept my cool as I didn't really expect them to give me anything. Sorry it's so long.

#41 imaramman

imaramman

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

I just tried the same thing and was given the cold shoulder. I even tried referencing that "my friend Gideon" was able to get it done yesterday and that he had preordered it a year ago to no avail. Eh. Too bad.

#42 danh920

danh920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

also this price at newegg for us NY folk who hate to pay tax

#43 eXciter1

eXciter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I haven't opened mine from Gamestop and I still have the receipt. I'm doing a return/rebuy tonight. I think they'd have to honor that?

Edited by eXciter1, 03 May 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#44 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Technically the people who got the $50 credit/gift card, etc. got it for the same price so there is nothing to complain about or match.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#45 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

I would bite at 350 and not open it unless my current 360 dies. But I just spent a bunch on a new phone and I counted the other day, 20 something sealed games. Do I really need to spend that much on something I may never use? Will it really increase in value if I keep it sealed? hmmmmmmmm

#46 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

You'd have to be stupid to keep a $400 Xbox in the box, they built (and still can build) tens of thousands of these. It's not a rare item, considering every store has them.

#47 eXciter1

eXciter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

I haven't opened mine from Gamestop and I still have the receipt. I'm doing a return/rebuy tonight. I think they'd have to honor that?

Well, glad I waited, they gave me $53 cash when I got a price adjustment at Gamestop.

In 1.5 months time:

I started this deal with the PowerUp rewards $140 for an old XBox. Traded in my old Arcade with bad disc drive and bad RB on the controller for $140.

Got $225 for a 4 yr old 80gb PS3 I only paid $250 for it in the first place. I just played blu-rays on this thing. I think I only played Resistance: Fall of Man and that's it.

Then traded in 4 copies of Batman: Arkham City for $23 each (I had 9, kept one), which I originally got on the Best Buy @Gamer coupon deal for $10 each.

Thanks to CAG, I had $457 trade-in at Gamestop, now I have $53 in my pocket and a Star Wars XBox 360. :applause:

I can finally open this thing up and play it with my son this weekend.

#48 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Well, glad I waited, they gave me $53 cash when I got a price adjustment at Gamestop.

In 1.5 months time:

I started this deal with the PowerUp rewards $140 for an old XBox. Traded in my old Arcade with bad disc drive and bad RB on the controller for $140.

Got $225 for a 4 yr old 80gb PS3 I only paid $250 for it in the first place. I just played blu-rays on this thing. I think I only played Resistance: Fall of Man and that's it.

Then traded in 4 copies of Batman: Arkham City for $23 each (I had 9, kept one), which I originally got on the Best Buy @Gamer coupon deal for $10 each.

Thanks to CAG, I had $457 trade-in at Gamestop, now I have $53 in my pocket and a Star Wars XBox 360. :applause:

I can finally open this thing up and play it with my son this weekend.

Haha exactly what I did accept I ended up canceling, putting it all on a card, and buying it from amazon for 50 bucks gift card deal with credit. I did sell the controller and game the first few days when both were worth a bit more on eBay.