GGT 181 Beat The Horseback Riding Level Of BLOPS2 Without Shooting

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

#241 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm gonna wait until it's cheap.

#242 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

What's Max Payne's story?

Is he looking for his daughter or is that Sam Fisher?

#243 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

That was Sam Fisher.

And his daughter was dead for awhile.

Max Payne's daughter is already dead.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#244 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

For a while? So she came back to life. That's nice.

What's Max Payne's problem that they needed to make a third game about him?

#245 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

Does the PS3 generally have longer load times than 360 games? I've been playing more PS3 games than usual and it seems like all the wait times are long as Fuck.

Generally, yes. Although I install whatever 360 game I'm playing so that might tip the scales a bit. PS3-exclusive games tend to do a great job mitigating it, 3rd party games like Fallout NV make it super-noticable.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#246 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

She came back to life in the last Splinter Cell which made Sam Fisher regret shaving his head in depression in Double Agent.

#247 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Doesn't Max Payne shave his head in this new game?

So is the same thing going to happen?

#248 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

That was Sam Fisher.

And his daughter was dead for awhile.

Max Payne's daughter is already dead.

Y'know, I remembered Max's kid being dead...

But I couldn't for the life of me remember if it was a boy or a girl.

I'll probably get on the Max Payne train at some point, but even if I liked the new look (I don't), it comes out the day planting starts. I won't even have the chance to touch it until September.

Posted Image

#249 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

You're essentially in the wilderness for the entire summer? Sounds like a fun job, in a way.

UjCoyFa.png

#250 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

I leave on the morning of the 15th for northern Alberta. I switch camps a few times, bouncing between there (a kinda swampy area) and a camp in the mountains not too far from the US border. I'll be done... some time in August. Assuming I don't get hurt or something.

"Fun, in a way" is a pretty accurate description. It's utterly fucking wretched a lot of the time with the heat and the cold and the rain and the hail and the insects Jesus Fuck-balls the insects the mosquitoes the horse flies the deer flies the black flies the wasps holy shit the wasps that nest underground I stuck my hand in a wasp nest while planting a tree once God I hate wasps and the mud, mud everywhere, and spending months in isolation with the same ~50 people and by the end you want to bash the nearest French-Canadian right in his stupid god damn face with your shovel and the weight, Fuck me sideways, the weight of those stupid god damn trees dragging you down into the mud and the slash, the chest-high fucking slash monsters that slow you down, costing you a cent here, a cent there, reaching for your shins as you go around and catching your toes when you step over. The job also has a very high injury rate, and I feel it in my knees for months after.

But it pays well if you're good at it, and I'm... I'm alright, I guess. I'm happy if I make three hundred dollars a day, though I don't on my bad shifts, and I know there's plenty of room to go up from there, too. The company I works for prices its land fairly and the foremen know their shit and their head cook is great. Pretty respectable nightlife and plenty of pretty - albeit hairy - lady-planters, lots of poker, Catan, beersbee... one guy got a croquet set for his birthday a couple years ago which was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I don't think people appreciated having a bunch of croquet wickets in front of the kitchen tent, but Fuck 'em, those were good games.

Posted Image

#251 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

I leave on the morning of the 15th for northern Alberta. I switch camps a few times, bouncing between there (a kinda swampy area) and a camp in the mountains not too far from the US border. I'll be done... some time in August. Assuming I don't get hurt or something.

"Fun, in a way" is a pretty accurate description. It's utterly fucking wretched a lot of the time with the heat and the cold and the rain and the hail and the insects Jesus Fuck-balls the insects the mosquitoes the horse flies the deer flies the black flies the wasps holy shit the wasps that nest underground I stuck my hand in a wasp nest while planting a tree once God I hate wasps and the mud, mud everywhere, and spending months in isolation with the same ~50 people and by the end you want to bash the nearest French-Canadian right in his stupid god damn face with your shovel and the weight, Fuck me sideways, the weight of those stupid god damn trees dragging you down into the mud and the slash, the chest-high fucking slash monsters that slow you down, costing you a cent here, a cent there, reaching for your shins as you go around and catching your toes when you step over. The job also has a very high injury rate, and I feel it in my knees for months after.

But it pays well if you're good at it, and I'm... I'm alright, I guess. I'm happy if I make three hundred dollars a day, though I don't on my bad shifts, and I know there's plenty of room to go up from there, too. The company I works for prices its land fairly and the foremen know their shit and their head cook is great. Pretty respectable nightlife and plenty of pretty - albeit hairy - lady-planters, lots of poker, Catan, beersbee... one guy got a croquet set for his birthday a couple years ago which was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I don't think people appreciated having a bunch of croquet wickets in front of the kitchen tent, but Fuck 'em, those were good games.

I will miss you, not too sure about the rest of the GGT. Makes me almost want to join you, almost...

#252 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

I've grown fond of Crotch over these last few weeks.

At least he doesn't hurt my feelings like certain other people.

#253 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Damn, sounds like a sweet job, Crotch. . .lol It pays the bills, I suppose. At this rate, I'll be slaving away at Pizza Hut or Walmart and hating life. ^__^

I've grown fond of Crotch over these last few weeks.

At least he doesn't hurt my feelings like certain other people.

What did whoknows do to you this time?

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#254 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

keep a diary, sir crotch.

journal, i mean. yes that's manlier.

UjCoyFa.png

#255 weevles

weevles

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I didn't peg you for being a lumberjack, but I guess you're ok. Do you sleep all night while you work all day?

#256 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

I didn't peg you for being a lumberjack, but I guess you're ok. Do you sleep all night while you work all day?

:applause:

#257 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'll bite on SFxT for PC. Want to support more fighting games for PC.

/edit: Pixeljunk Monsters is $1 on the PSN, everyone should get it.

#258 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

/edit: Pixeljunk Shooter is $1 on the PSN, everyone should get it.

Fixed.

#259 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

/edit: Four pixeljunk games are $1 on the PSN, everyone should get them.

$4 for four games? Shit, I'm there.

#260 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, even though I really didn't like PJ Sidescroller, I'll pick up the earlier ones for a buck a piece. I think I may already own Eden though. I can't remember if I have the full game or just the demo.

#261 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

What did whoknows do to you this time?

I deny everything.

#262 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

I deny everything.

It's true, he even denies sex with women and men.

#263 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

It's true, he even denies sex with women and men.

Only because it makes things more convenient for me.

#264 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

On the lumberjack song: I'm happy with ten hours of work in a day, and I try (but usually fail) to sleep in on the day off. Also, guys wearing dresses? More common than you might expect up there.

On a journal: unlikely. While I do wish I'd kept better track of how many trees I've planted (I'm at some nebulous "several hundred thousand" number), recording the day-to-day does not appeal to me one bit.

On being gone: the only thing I shall miss are the cries of my enemies.

Posted Image

#265 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, even though I really didn't like PJ Sidescroller, I'll pick up the earlier ones for a buck a piece. I think I may already own Eden though. I can't remember if I have the full game or just the demo.

How did you not like them? They were made by people like you for people like you.

And Sidescroller is easily the best one, then again, I'll take a shmup over the other 3-4 any day... either way, I now own them all, stupid sale.

#266 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

How did you not like them? They were made by people like you for people like you.

And Sidescroller is easily the best one, then again, I'll take a shmup over the other 3-4 any day... either way, I now own them all, stupid sale.

I really liked what I played of Eden in the demo, but Sidescroller just seemed boring to me. It wasn't a poorly made game or anything, but I'm just used to shmups from Cave and Treasure and the like or even classic stuff like Raiden and Blazing Lazers. Sidescroller just didn't excite me. Plus I wasn't a fan of the way they did health in that game.

#267 weevles

weevles

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

/edit: Pixeljunk Monsters is $1 on the PSN, everyone should get it.

I already got that one for free. :/

On the lumberjack song: I'm happy with ten hours of work in a day, and I try (but usually fail) to sleep in on the day off. Also, guys wearing dresses? More common than you might expect up there.

On a journal: unlikely. While I do wish I'd kept better track of how many trees I've planted (I'm at some nebulous "several hundred thousand" number), recording the day-to-day does not appeal to me one bit.

On being gone: the only thing I shall miss are the cries of my enemies.

Seriously, you sir are doing the work of the angels--planting trees is about as noble a job as I can think of at this very moment (which of course means there's probably a lot more things, but I am just lazy and not much of a thinker).

Anyhoo, please feel free to wear high heels, suspendees, and a brar with no judgement from me.

#268 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

I don't have a job this summer. Or school.

I think instead of going crazy with boredom I'm just going to drive to Colorado.

But then I don't have any friends there so there really isn't a point.

#269 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

I really liked what I played of Eden in the demo, but Sidescroller just seemed boring to me. It wasn't a poorly made game or anything, but I'm just used to shmups from Cave and Treasure and the like or even classic stuff like Raiden and Blazing Lazers. Sidescroller just didn't excite me. Plus I wasn't a fan of the way they did health in that game.

You used the word "classic" wrong, young one. :razz:
Classic: Gradius, Lifeforce, Pardious, etc.
Sidescroller is probably closer to those, I'd say.

#270 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Ninja Gaiden 3 is an instant classic.