Photo
- - - - -

Margaritaville Online (based on Jimmy Buffet song)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Margritaville Online (based on Jimmy Buffet's song) is a game that has iPad and iPhone apps and a Facebook app. Apparently you can play across platforms and it saves your data on their side. My wife seems to like it quite a lot. I haven't played it myself but it seems like a free Animal Crossing. It takes "energy" to do activities and (of course) that energy recharges over time and they try to tempt you to buy stuff with real cash.

My wife plays it on the iPad and it seems like a nice little distraction of a game that you can play a little each day. It's free and you don't have to buy premium content so it's worth at try or for the guys that have a wife or girlfriend, she'll probably like it.

#2 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Very cool, I'm a big fan of JB, thanks.

#3 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Very cool, I'm a big fan of JB, thanks.

No problem. My wife started playing this game and is fucking addicted to it now. She plays on the iPad app. She did spent $5 to be a "parrot head" in the game because of some benefits it gives. I didn't care though as I got a bunch of iTunes credit 20% off through a Best Buy sale a while back. She still complains a bit about how long it takes the energy to recharge. I'll probably try the game out myself but I'm not sure if two people can play one the same tablet.

#4 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

I got to level 25 on Facebook, and got a ton of stuff on the iPod app. I don't own an iPad.
So some iPod achievements are impossible to get, but it did give me more energy than I'd ever need.

Just doing mayor tasks now.

#5 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

I got to level 25 on Facebook, and got a ton of stuff on the iPod app. I don't own an iPad.
So some iPod achievements are impossible to get, but it did give me more energy than I'd ever need.

Just doing mayor tasks now.

So the iPod/iPhone app is different from the Facebook app? I think the iPad app is the same game as the one on Facebook.

#6 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

The iPod app is a collection of minigames that links to Facebook. There's batches of achievements.

#7 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Do you regain energy with tequila? This would seem like a necessity for this game to distinguish it from the hundreds of other games of this type...

Posted Image
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#8 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Yes. There are lots of song references.

And the best food item is the Cheeseburger in Paradise.

But really, give it a shot. It's fantasically well done.

#9 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yes. There are lots of song references.

And the best food item is the Cheeseburger in Paradise.

But really, give it a shot. It's fantasically well done.

My wife was playing this the other day and she actually started playing Margaritaville (the song) through the iPad which was followed up by a bunch of other songs. I was quite surprised. Can anyone unlock that or is that because she spent $5 to be a "parrot head"?