• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#61 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

CONFIRMED:

Went to K-MARt in Springboro. Ad misprint on circular in store. Walked it back and the guy overrides even though he did state it was a mistake. I was able to get it at the 19.99 price in the circular. THANKS OP!!!!!

Edit: Springboro, OH

Edited by Asadi, 06 May 2012 - 02:41 PM.
City/state

#62 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

If it rang up at 39.99, I think it's pretty clear that the ad meant $10 off but mistakenly put $19.99.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#63 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

CONFIRMED:

Went to K-MARt in Springboro. Ad misprint on circular in store. Walked it back and the guy overrides even though he did state it was a mistake. I was able to get it at the 19.99 price in the circular. THANKS OP!!!!!

Edit: Springboro, OH

Where did you get the circular at? I looked at the ad with the Sunday paper and I didn't see it?

#64 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

If it rang up at 39.99, I think it's pretty clear that the ad meant $10 off but mistakenly put $19.99.

If that's the case, everyone should go out and get the game before they change the it. Just a heads up.

#65 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

I got it in store. The gaming counter had a stack as well

#66 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

My Target refused to price match it because it was a $30 off difference. Went to Kmart and the game rang up as $39.99. Brought the ad and managed to get the game for $19.99, but this is definitely an ad misprint. If you're going to try make sure to bring the ad and I'd advise you not to wait.
Wubwubwubwub.

#67 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

wtf my Kmart it rang up as 49.99. Is it in the print ad?

#68 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

here's a pic.

sorry im a retard and couldn't figure out how to embed it ;_;

http://imageshack.us...photo14kdv.jpg/

#69 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

wow, it's 2012 and kmart still requires manager overrides for sale items. Still this is a good deal if you have the patience to deal with kmart staff.

#70 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

wow, it's 2012 and kmart still requires manager overrides for sale items. Still this is a good deal if you have the patience to deal with kmart staff.

Wow it's 2012 and all stores require a manager override for price mistakes in ads.

#71 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

i hope you're not actually defending kmart here. Even since their SC2 sale when that released in 2010, they haven't been able to work out the kinks in the system and ads matching, which I might add was a legitimate sale.

#72 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

i hope you're not actually defending kmart here. Even since their SC2 sale when that released in 2010, they haven't been able to work out the kinks in the system and ads matching, which I might add was a legitimate sale.

Kmart sucks but your statement is nonsensical. It's clearly a price mistake in the ad. Any retailer would still need a manager override since a price mistake IN THE AD would mean its not programmed into the pos.

#73 Stevothepro

Stevothepro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just looged in for the first time in like 6 months, uhh what happened to the Josh and Kmart/Sears Crew? did they pull the plug?

#74 oliverqueen

oliverqueen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Kmart wouldn't honor it, but I took the ad to Walmart down the street and they price matched it. : )

Edited by oliverqueen, 06 May 2012 - 03:50 PM.
posted to soon

#75 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Wow it's 2012 and all stores require a manager override for price mistakes in ads.

This^

Just looged in for the first time in like 6 months, uhh what happened to the Josh and Kmart/Sears Crew? did they pull the plug?

Josh was let go roughly two months or so. That's why there hasn't been that many coupon offers with the purchase of a new game. It sucks because he was getting us some awesome deals. Didn't work for me though because I never buy games on release date (thanks to site ;)).

This thread keeps getting better and better. I hope more people are able to get in on this deal. That's the rule with sales like this. It's better to get their first thing in the morning if this is indeed a price mistake. We all remember the PS+ deal at Target, and the 2 for $50 deal at TRU. ;)

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#76 Very Unclever

Very Unclever

Pine cone liquor, for chuggin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

So despite the price showing 19.99 in the physical print ad, the manager refused to override it. At first she stated there was "another version" that was 29.99. Then when that was debunked she just flat out refused to sell it to me for 19.99. The service desk associate was pretty cool about it and said I was in the right. Unfortunately what the manager says goes. At this point my frustration started to boil over to anger, so I just grabbed the print ad and told them I'd go pricematch it at Wal-Mart. Which they did without issue.

It is obvious that this is a price error, but it's still absurd that they won't honor their Sunday print ad. I've come out ahead way more often than not at K-Mart though, and this is the first remotely bad experience I've ever had with them.

Oh well, I've got the game for the price I wanted to pay.

#77 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

This^

Josh was let go roughly two months or so. That's why there hasn't been that many coupon offers with the purchase of a new game. It sucks because he was getting us some awesome deals. Didn't work for me though because I never buy games on release date (thanks to site ;)).

Oh really? I know they let go of most of his staff but didn't know he was fired too.

#78 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Oh really? I know they let go of most of his staff but didn't know he was fired too.

Yeah I saw it posted around here recently. It's a shame really. He pretty much got people back into K-Mart to shop for games. I remember I bought 2K11 on launch because it came with a $20 coupon. I used that coupon on Rock Band 3. I wanted both of those games so I didn't mind paying that. Since then I've been peeping out their deals and whatnot.

BTW: My local K-mart sucks when it comes to clearance. They have the Rockband 3 Keyboard Bundle at $59.99 :-s I was going to buy it was $15 or less. Hopefully they have some more drops. They have a ton of games sitting there that won't move. Maybe the original FF for $10 (PSP) will. /rant

YouTube

#79 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

So despite the price showing 19.99 in the physical print ad, the manager refused to override it. At first she stated there was "another version" that was 29.99. Then when that was debunked she just flat out refused to sell it to me for 19.99. The service desk associate was pretty cool about it and said I was in the right. Unfortunately what the manager says goes. At this point my frustration started to boil over to anger, so I just grabbed the print ad and told them I'd go pricematch it at Wal-Mart. Which they did without issue.

It is obvious that this is a price error, but it's still absurd that they won't honor their Sunday print ad. I've come out ahead way more often than not at K-Mart though, and this is the first remotely bad experience I've ever had with them.

Unfortunately, the store has the right to charge what they want regardless of any ad, sticker or ten foot high sign. Once I got a ship to store deal that fry's cancelled and removed the item from shelves.

It's dishonest, and it's $20 the manager, clerk or whoever is never going to see, but still they'll gladly accept a fight, as theyre getting paid to be there and you're not. It's hard not to feel cheated, but dont get too worked up about it, it's just money. I'm glad it did work out in the end.

#80 Very Unclever

Very Unclever

Pine cone liquor, for chuggin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Unfortunately, the store has the right to charge what they want regardless of any ad, sticker or ten foot high sign. Once I got a ship to store deal that fry's cancelled and removed the item from shelves.

It's dishonest, and it's $20 the manager, clerk or whoever is never going to see, but still they'll gladly accept a fight, as theyre getting paid to be there and you're not. It's hard not to feel cheated, but dont get too worked up about it, it's just money. I'm glad it did work out in the end.

Yeah the situation was frustrating, but I got what I wanted in the end. It's not like I'm going to stop shopping there or anything. And I guess you could still say it was K-mart that allowed me to get the game for the price I wanted anyway.

I've had this situation happen countless times in K-mart and this is the first time I've ever had any push back on it.

#81 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

good guy, but I'm not the only one with bad experiences at kmart. The point I was trying to make is that most deals tended to be turned around eventually as price mistakes. See any of the good TRU sales/bestbuy deals, etc. Kmart's system for whatever reason took almost half a day before sales showed up correctly in the system. Josh's only recourse was to return later and try again, but the hassle in most cases wasn't even worth the extra trip and sullied their reputation regardless. If others still have good experiences, then great, but a lot of people here try to make that guarantee universally, when in reality kmart's implementation of sales are still YMMV in terms of ease.

i guess you were lucky that WM doesn't question the ad. I know my BB and WM confirm the availability and pricing before allowing it, with a 99% rejection rate typically lol. The problem with Kmart is the need for constant involvement of the manager with any sale, "price mistake" or not. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.:applause:

#82 murgen

murgen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

I got KMart to honor the typo, but they were going to post a correction.

#83 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

So they have ADs in-stores right?
I can just go in and ask for their ad?

#84 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

So they have ADs in-stores right?
I can just go in and ask for their ad?

Yup. It's normally at CS. I found a copy at their furniture section.

YouTube

#85 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Sweet, I'll be honest I haven't been to a K-Mart since Thanksgiving...and that's because it was one of the few stores opened on Thanksgiving. :lol:

#86 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

With exception to the ds3 clearance, I haven't set foot in a kmart since Deadspace 2 came out... I always hated the deals and like someone mentioned above, I just wait til they are $1-20 thanks to this site/SD.

Hell, I got BF3 on release day for $5 out of pocket thanks to this site and LA Noire for $20.

Anyways, back OT. I am trying to get my hands on a paper with a kmart ad in it, so I can pm this @ wallyworld.
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#87 JQUEST97

JQUEST97

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Alright was able to get the Zelda with cd for $19.99. Game rang up for $39.99 and then cashier told me I think it is on sale and then I told him yeah it is and then I showed him the ad and he override it. Also was able to pick up :ps3: Dual Shock 3 keypad typing attachment for $20 regular $50. It was being clearanced out. Two were left and cashier even said man got to get me one of those for that price. It was a good day indeed.:D

#88 CrusaderT2

CrusaderT2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Went to Kmart to get the ad, the manager let me purchase one copy and then refused to honor the ad. Understandable. But I wanted a second copy so,

On way back went to Bestbuy. they refused to honor the ad because they called Kmart and the Kmart lady said they were out of stock (they had 50 on the shelves when I went there an hour ago) Obviously, she is trying to cock block the price match.

Anyway after wasting time at Bestbuy (and to be honest, its not their fault. I wouldn't sell any game that retails for 50 at 20 bucks out of the blue) I went to Target and they priced matched instantly.

Basically the fact that Bestbuy has to call to check Kmart is what screwed everything up (saying out of stock). Target on other hand only looked at the Ad and said ok.

#89 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

really want to get in on this but super busy today

#90 Sanoguzman

Sanoguzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

went to K-mart, picked up a AD and did not see any games on the ad at all. So I didn't bother asking to price match whats not in their ad. Then again when I looked at the game section, it was almost no games so I guess this K-mart had their own ad?

I'd call it a waste of a trip, but I got a good work out thanks to my new bike.

I'll probably visit the only other k-mart.