Amazon - Free "X-Men" Android app, today only (5/6)

Nostalgia man, Just like the Simpson's game, I wished for both these games to come out on XBL with better graphics and online play. I'm disappointed of my childhood memories.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Nostalgia man, Just like the Simpson's game, I wished for both these games to come out on XBL with better graphics and online play. I'm disappointed of my childhood memories.[/QUOTE]

I may be misunderstanding, but if these are the arcade games, they are on XBLA for $10 each.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Nostalgia man, Just like the Simpson's game, I wished for both these games to come out on XBL with better graphics and online play. I'm disappointed of my childhood memories.[/QUOTE]

This game is on XBLA, same old graphics though. It normally runs 800 mpx (10 bux) but i think I snagged it when it went on sale for 1 or 2 dollars.

Edit: They did add online multiplayer though.

The Playstation 3 version lets you go up to 6 players on one console, and lets you access both the Japanese and US versions of the game.

Still, free is free, and it does have multiplayer if all the devices are on the same network.

I bought it the day it came out on ps3 before but just randomly checked the amazon app store and picked it up again. Plays the same other than being touch controls. Free is good...

[quote name='NovaKane']The touch screen d-pad is garbage.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. It's why I have all kinds of RPG's and other games on my phone, but they remain unplayed. I'd love if a controller was made that was compatible with all of these touchpad games.

This just made my morning. I had to delete the Amazon Marketplace app due to the relatively large app & cache size (my 2+ year old phone doesn't have that much hard drive space) so I never would have noticed this otherwise. Thanks OP!

I was about to laugh at all of you complaining about the controls, but then I found out that the game isn't Xperia Play optimized. Bummer.

man, this game really chugs on my phone (Tmo MT4GS) which would have to be the first one that doesn't run great..oh well..well now to try it on the tabs..

Was just about to post this. Controls take a little getting used to, but when it is free who cares! Works great on my Motorola Electrify.

I made the unfortunate mistake of buying this turd when i first got my phone. It is absolutely terrible with slowdowns and controls. I have an EVO 3d too so its not like I'm trying to run it on a crappy phone/processor....

Huzzah for free game
Boo for shitting virtual d-pad
Double boo for lack of controller support :(
(Acer A500 user, glad that most games accept wired 360 controller via USB.. this game does not however)

Why would you connect a wired controller to your tablet or phone to play a game that is available on almost EVERY system? Defeats the whole purpose of gaming on a mobile device, which is portability and simplicity.

Playing something like Angry Birds, for example, at least makes sense, since the controls are tailored for a touchscreen.

Rats! My android google phone crapped out on me, so all Im stuck with is my crappy POS iPhone 3GS (the phone is mint but I really dislike Apple and their clunky, bloated software), and its slower than my google Android phone seemed to be.

Anyway, that sucks as I really wanted to nab this game for free. Darn!

At least I got it on XBLA and on my modded PSP (Vader 2001 model; only modded it to play old NES, Genesis, and SNES emulator games that I cannot find easily anymore - I dont play pirate PSP backups or anything like that)...

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Rats! My android google phone crapped out on me, so all Im stuck with is my crappy POS iPhone 3GS (the phone is mint but I really dislike Apple and their clunky, bloated software), and its slower than my google Android phone seemed to be.

Anyway, that sucks as I really wanted to nab this game for free. Darn!

At least I got it on XBLA and on my modded PSP (Vader 2001 model; only modded it to play old NES, Genesis, and SNES emulator games that I cannot find easily anymore - I dont play pirate PSP backups or anything like that)...[/QUOTE]

You can "buy" the game online via your amazon account and just DL it whenever you get a new droid.

Thanks ^_^ haven't been checking the app store for the free app of the day lately. I would have missed it! Runs pretty good on my phone. Hard to get used to the controls, but can take it on the go whenever I get bored nevertheless :)

Thanks for the heads up, but unfortunately the controls are truly godawful. Uninstalled it pretty quickly.

Ran fine on my SGS2, though.

Thanks, OP. Getting this, even though I don't know if it'll work. My touch screen has a dead spot near the top that may make controls impossible. Gonna at least try.

Nice! I was going to buy it but I already own it for XBLA, you cannot beat the price of FREE though. Hopefully some more people will be available for the online in it now too.

I play on my tablet so it's alright. I really wish they would cut a deal though to make 360/Ps3 pads compatable somehow though.

Do we have an "Android app market" / Google playstore thread similar to the apple app store thread? ^^'

:D Thanks OP!

I got this the other day.

I, already, have this(secret source) on my HP Touchpad(Android) and play it on my iCade, but got it again for some reason! :lol:

Gonna download the Amazon version...eventually...and see how it plays!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:D Thanks OP!

I got this the other day.

I have this on my HP Touchpad(Android) and play it on my iCade, but got it again for some reason! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Might have been you that posted about putting Android on the touchpad, but I finally put ICS on mine and its amazing. Still trying to see which good apps there are. just have Netflix and Emulators installed atm

[quote name='SeanTM22']Might have been you that posted about putting Android on the touchpad, but I finally put ICS on mine and its amazing. Still trying to see which good apps there are. just have Netflix and Emulators installed atm[/QUOTE]

Cool! :applause::D

Be sure to get a "Joystick It" from eBay! They're twice as much if you buy them from the USA(over $6) or around $3 and up from Hong Kong.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Cool! :applause::D

Be sure to get a "Joystick It" from eBay! They're twice as much if you buy them from the USA(over $6) or around $3 and up from Hong Kong.[/QUOTE]

Good idea, thing is the directional pad takes up about 1/4 of the screen, know of any emus that let you resize/move the controls?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Good idea, thing is the directional pad takes up about 1/4 of the screen, know of any emus that let you resize/move the controls?[/QUOTE]

MAME4Droid. It's in the Android app store. The red and blue 1. I see they've added a pink(reloaded) 1. Don't know what that is, but I may look into it.

bread's done
Back