Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary $20 at Toys R Us

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#31 wild homes

wild homes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

The B1G1 40% off deal only works on games that aren't on sale already.

Actually, it's because the offer is for games $19.99 or less and they use normal pricing for exclusions
So because CE:A is in the system at $39.99 normally it doesn't qualify. But if the original price fit the criteria, it wouldn't matter if it was on sale or not.

At any rate, got mine this morning. Thanks to the OPs in both threads. And to the spaz flipping out over the duplicate threads: don't be such a spaz, guy, CAG isn't such serious business.

#32 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Okay, I think we're starting to hit diminishing returns on scolding this guy, it was one person being an ass and we've had like 20 people respond to it. At this point it's just taking pot shots, I think it's time to bring the thread back on topic, or at the very least go back to cracking jokes at how the OP calls it "Halo Classic Remastered"

Good price, but I can wait a bit longer. I'm kinda surprised that it's dropped so fast, but then again Reach and maybe even ODST did too. I guess it always seemed to me that the first 3 Halos held their price for a while, not that I'm complaining though.

#33 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

I drove down to TRU and there is no game called Halo Classic Remastered.

OP is spreading fake facts.

Lies, all lies.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#34 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Brb...

#35 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

this thread shows why CAG is a horrible forum.

#36 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

this thread shows why CAG is a horrible forum.

Everyone thinks their a comedian on this site.

#37 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

not to mention the majority of the users are complete douche retards who act like a new thread will end their life.

#38 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

All in favor of forming a line and taking turns kicking neudog in the nuts?

#39 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah

#40 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

*they're

horrible forum confirmed.

#41 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

For the record, I would tell the same people I've been 'rude/a douchebag' to on here the exact same things I've posted on here to their face. But that's just because I'm as outspoken offline as I am online.:razz::booty: As for neudog getting so worked up over a duplicate thread, duplicates clog up the forums and lead to new deals being buried that would otherwise be on the first page.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#42 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Alright. That's it. The next guy to say shenanigans is getting pistol whipped.

#43 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Shenan...
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#44 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

YOU ARE AN ASS, whats the big deal if it was already posted, maybe he did look and not see it, even if he didn't reserch it, its not that big of a deal for you to freak out about it. do you have to clean up the site all day ?

This comes to mind,
Posted Image
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k:-$:fridge::-({|=:applause:

#45 evfan_77

evfan_77

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

I picked up a copy of this today and they wouldn't let it stack with the B1G1 40% off, but I figured they wouldn't so I wasn't too upset. I also wanted to pick up Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 for $19.99 like the flyer said, but it was advertised in-store for $15.99 so I couldn't complain. :)

#46 threefiftyzzz

threefiftyzzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Release the hounds.

or why dont u release the bees?
or the dogs with the bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you.?!

ANYWAYZ....i really should pick this up cause i meant to get this at launch and my friends been bugging me to get it. i just dont think ill play it with minecraft comming out on weds...
Posted Image

#47 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

Sounds great for $20!
Posted Image

#48 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

that's the price I've been looking for.... thanks OP. Never saw the other thread.

#49 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

I also didnt see the other thread so THANK YOU OP this has been my price point for some time.

neudog, please do CAG a favor and STFU

#50 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

picked one with the slipcover and bonus'. thanks op!

#51 kobra90

kobra90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

That's because the majority of Internet tough guys are scrawny, geeky dudes. They're just venting that anger towards someone who talked bad or, heaven forbid on this site, post something that's not a deal or gets a little information wrong.

I honestly do not see the problem. Yes, it makes more threads, but isn't the point of the site to get this information to everyone? A lot of threads get lost in the shuffle of randomness. So if someone gets that deal to one person, they've done a great job in my book. If the op posted a duplicate thread, inform them politely. But to bash and ridicule them for trying to contribute to the community is petty and immature. The way some respond to these posts is giving the site a bad rep and makes people less likely to post information in fear of the reprocussions that may ensue. I am willing to bet that these same people have benefitted from these "abominable reposts."

#52 kobra90

kobra90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

For the record, I would tell the same people I've been 'rude/a douchebag' to on here the exact same things I've posted on here to their face. But that's just because I'm as outspoken offline as I am online.:razz::booty: As for neudog getting so worked up over a duplicate thread, duplicates clog up the forums and lead to new deals being buried that would otherwise be on the first page.

I am referring to the users who deliberately ridicule and are so quick with unnecessary rudeness that causes more harm than it solves. Its all in the mannerism in which its conducted. The op was trying to help the community not hurt it but instead of being politely told how it's to be conducted they're bashed and publicly insulted. These guys and mods need to properly and civilly explain the rules. Its all in how you deliver the message that will determine how users contribute to the community.

#53 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Most of these people wouldn't say any of that to your face. People act tough with their keyboards and caps lock.

perhaps. i suspect these people are the ones that are prime candidates for school shootings or other things of that nature. this anger has to go somewhere so if venting online gets the anger out and thereby prevents enough pent up rage to prevent a school shooting i can accept the angry internet tough guy syndrome occuring even if the better solution is for people to stop acting like 12 years from xbox live.

#54 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'm still pissed there isn't a Halo Classic Remastered.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#55 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm still pissed there isn't a Halo Classic Remastered.

LOL!!!!!!'!!!!!!! Yeah couldn't stop laughing at the title before either. Maybe it's coming out later for the vita or something :-/

#56 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Apologies to everyone I offended for posting it as Halo Remastered. In all fairness, I wrote the post at 4ish AM EST as I was approaching the end of my 3rd shift doing security on the weekend. I work at a Financial firm during the week, am married, and have a 2yr old son who wears me out when I get home (not complaining, I love my boy). I can't afford the game because of debt and other financial obligations and I really wanted the game as I am a huge fan of the series. I figured some people on CAG would benefit from the post. So next time you want to complain about me being a lazy CAG deal OP, I strongly recommend you carry an ice pack with you to use after I back hand you.

#57 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

So what maps does this come with? I don't have halo reach anymore so will I only get the remastered maps?

#58 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

This game is awesome in 3D in case anyone was wondering or looking for a good 3D game. This is right up there with Killzone 3 as far as the quality of 3D goes in my opinion.

#59 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I honestly do not see the problem. Yes, it makes more threads, but isn't the point of the site to get this information to everyone? A lot of threads get lost in the shuffle of randomness. So if someone gets that deal to one person, they've done a great job in my book. If the op posted a duplicate thread, inform them politely. But to bash and ridicule them for trying to contribute to the community is petty and immature. The way some respond to these posts is giving the site a bad rep and makes people less likely to post information in fear of the reprocussions that may ensue. I am willing to bet that these same people have benefitted from these "abominable reposts."

I agree with you, I was being sarcastic. There have been several deals I'd miss because it was buried in some rambling thread.

#60 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Apologies to everyone I offended for posting it as Halo Remastered. In all fairness, I wrote the post at 4ish AM EST as I was approaching the end of my 3rd shift doing security on the weekend. I work at a Financial firm during the week, am married, and have a 2yr old son who wears me out when I get home (not complaining, I love my boy). I can't afford the game because of debt and other financial obligations and I really wanted the game as I am a huge fan of the series. I figured some people on CAG would benefit from the post. So next time you want to complain about me being a lazy CAG deal OP, I strongly recommend you carry an ice pack with you to use after I back hand you.

Latin trident, no need to explain or apologies to anyone.