Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary $20 at Toys R Us

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#61 kobra90

kobra90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Latin trident, no need to explain or apologies to anyone.

Agreed. You were not to whom I was referring. I was talking about the ones throughout the community who feel problems are solved by rude comments, caps lock, and a plethora of exclamation points.

#62 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

How u say that u are in debt.. I know it says cheapassgamer on the tittle but it's anything but cheap ppl here and the wrong place to be if broke. It's buy cheap but in bulk daily here lol my credit cards know this all to well. Am I right fellow peeps???? Black Friday to BB daily deals to anything crazy.... Cheap is on the title but nothing but crazy hardcore spenders here lol.... Gots to o apply for another credit card ...

#63 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

How u say that u are in debt.. I know it says cheapassgamer on the tittle but it's anything but cheap ppl here and the wrong place to be if broke. It's buy cheap but in bulk daily here lol my credit cards know this all to well. Am I right fellow peeps???? Black Friday to BB daily deals to anything crazy.... Cheap is on the title but nothing but crazy hardcore spenders here lol.... Gots to o apply for another credit card ...

Is English your first language?

#64 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Someone needs to close this thread, it's just 4 pages of people bitching at each other.

#65 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Someone needs to close this thread, it's just 4 pages of people bitching at each other.

Why so bossy?

#66 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Why so bossy?

Why so sad?

Let's put a smile on that face.

#67 Ribbercage

Ribbercage

Game On!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thanks OP YOUR posting is the reason I'm picking this up.

#68 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

Is English your first language?

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time but here it goes, no shit it is!!! Rag Lol, o wait your a chick sorry bout that have a great day mam.

#69 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

is amazon gonna price match this???
Posted Image

#70 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

Picked up my copy at TRU today, and all they had were a few slipcover versions. Did anyone NOT get a slipcover version at TRU?

#71 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

I have no idea what a slipcover is but i picked up my Halo Anniversary and also did the BOGO to get Enslaved and Batman AA GOTY.

What happened to that TRU BOGO thread? I can't seem to find it.
Posted Image

#72 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Does this game only give you access to the remastered maps? Or can you play the other halo reach maps? I sold my copy of reach awhile ago.

#73 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

I have no idea what a slipcover is but i picked up my Halo Anniversary and also did the BOGO to get Enslaved and Batman AA GOTY.

What happened to that TRU BOGO thread? I can't seem to find it.

a slipcover is the cardboard sleeve that some games and dvd movies have.

#74 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

Picked up my copy at TRU today, and all they had were a few slipcover versions. Did anyone NOT get a slipcover version at TRU?

Picked up mine yesterday and there must have been like 50+ of them on the shelf with slipcovers. Probably because I could not find a sign near the gaming area indicating it was $20 but it rang up no problem at the registrar. For NYC ppl, it was the Times Square store.

#75 thomas10451

thomas10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Picked up mine yesterday and there must have been like 50+ of them on the shelf with slipcovers. Probably because I could not find a sign near the gaming area indicating it was $20 but it rang up no problem at the registrar. For NYC ppl, it was the Times Square store.

Thanks OP and ZaPpA_721, I will pick it up after work today.

Edited by thomas10451, 08 May 2012 - 02:59 PM.

Cheapassgamer for life. Sweet

#76 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Apologies to everyone I offended for posting it as Halo Remastered. In all fairness, I wrote the post at 4ish AM EST as I was approaching the end of my 3rd shift doing security on the weekend. I work at a Financial firm during the week, am married, and have a 2yr old son who wears me out when I get home (not complaining, I love my boy). I can't afford the game because of debt and other financial obligations and I really wanted the game as I am a huge fan of the series. I figured some people on CAG would benefit from the post. So next time you want to complain about me being a lazy CAG deal OP, I strongly recommend you carry an ice pack with you to use after I back hand you.

I like this guy. :applause:

Tempting... I've spent so much this week because of CAG.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#77 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Showing OOS stock at EVERY TRU within like 2hrs from me, closest is two states away... So that leads me to believe either this is a really popular sale, or their stock system is pretty screwed up (maybe since the game is on sale they pulled them?).

Might check today quick, wanted to heave over that way today anyway. If not I'll just leave it go, not sure if I feel like hassling with BB to pm it if it's not in stock even remotely locally.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#78 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks man, snagged a copy. Plenty left, all slip-covered in Robinson Twp, PA. Shot down on the 40% off a second game, but wasn't expecting it to fly. Would've loved to snag Rage (PC) for 6'ish.
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#79 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

a slipcover is the cardboard sleeve that some games and dvd movies have.

Oh yeah. It had that on it. Plenty left at the store too.
Posted Image

#80 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Showing OOS stock at EVERY TRU within like 2hrs from me, closest is two states away... So that leads me to believe either this is a really popular sale, or their stock system is pretty screwed up (maybe since the game is on sale they pulled them?).

Might check today quick, wanted to heave over that way today anyway. If not I'll just leave it go, not sure if I feel like hassling with BB to pm it if it's not in stock even remotely locally.

Might be worth a punt, I just tried at my local TRU (5 mins away local) which shows as OOS and they had 2 copies, both slip cover, so I got one.

I'd say if you have a TRU that's real close it might be worth a look. I was at the Media, PA TRU if anyone cares.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#81 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

Don't they all come with the slipcover though?

#82 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

missed out Halo in my local TRU. it was already cleaned out. oh well.

#83 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Not sure. The slipcover states there is a bonus avatar and skin. I checked Best buy and thy did not have the slipcovers. Maybe a TRU exclusive?

#84 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Might be worth a punt, I just tried at my local TRU (5 mins away local) which shows as OOS and they had 2 copies, both slip cover, so I got one.

I'd say if you have a TRU that's real close it might be worth a look. I was at the Media, PA TRU if anyone cares.

That happens to me with BB all the time, doesn't show up in stock but I go in and find one. Heading over now to check, so we shall see.

233526.png

#85 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

They stopped at a certain point. It seems to be more than the first printing but the ones hitting stores lately don't have the slipcovers anymore.

#86 kobra90

kobra90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

They stopped at a certain point. It seems to be more than the first printing but the ones hitting stores lately don't have the slipcovers anymore.

The one I picked up this morning didn't have one. For half off I could care less

#87 oldgoon

oldgoon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Not sure. The slipcover states there is a bonus avatar and skin. I checked Best buy and thy did not have the slipcovers. Maybe a TRU exclusive?

The slipcover came with the first printing of the game, regardless of where you purchased it. I had purchased it at Target awhile back, kept the multiplayer map codes and sold the game for almost as much as I paid for it new. It's pretty much hit or miss at this point.

#88 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

So anyone? Can you only play the re released maps or all reach maps if you don't have reach?

#89 BigPoppa99

BigPoppa99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Sold out at the NYC Times Square location

#90 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

Well, worried for no reason as they still had two copies left! Both were slip covers with the extra codes too...

So just another heads up if your TRU is showing them OOS...it's still worth a trip (or a call if you feel like trusting the employees).

233526.png