Underworld Awakening Blu-ray 3D Steelbook - $19.99 w/U&S Coupon

Raven6009

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credit goes to DetroitSportsFan over at Blu-ray.com for the info and pics. $24.99 or $19.99 with a Upgrade & Save coupon. Releases on 5/8.

24xhnrp.jpg
24xhnrp.jpg

wow... guess i haven't been paying attention to the steelbook thread. I'm definitely in for two of these with upgrade and save. Does this release tuesday?

Does this come with a standard bluray as well or can you choose to not use 3d as I do not have a 3d player or tv? And also, is this available for preorder or at launch?

[quote name='kobra90']Does this come with a standard bluray as well or can you choose to not use 3d as I do not have a 3d player or tv? And also, is this available for preorder or at launch?[/QUOTE]
3D logo says also play in 2D. ;);)

Sigh, first time the BB by my work closing causes a problem.

Are ALL of the Underworld 3D's at Bestbuy steelbook? Or is this one of those "2 per store" deals? I'm trying to figure out what -- if anything-- I can order online to get this.

[quote name='Justin42']Sigh, first time the BB by my work closing causes a problem.

Are ALL of the Underworld 3D's at Bestbuy steelbook? Or is this one of those "2 per store" deals? I'm trying to figure out what -- if anything-- I can order online to get this.[/QUOTE]
Both standard edition and steelbook but it share the same SKUs. You should call at 10am to reserve your spot or be there at opening.

[quote name='Justin42']Sigh, first time the BB by my work closing causes a problem.

Are ALL of the Underworld 3D's at Bestbuy steelbook? Or is this one of those "2 per store" deals? I'm trying to figure out what -- if anything-- I can order online to get this.[/QUOTE]

I stopped by my store tonight and asked how many they had. Since the sku was the same it's hard to tell exactly but they have 44 total copies less then a third were steelbooks though gauging just by looks. Seems like this will be limited.

I saw that it plays in 2d, but I'd this the same as the DVD/blu/blu3d set? As in all three in the case, or just the blu3d? If anyone has any info on that before I head over to my bb?

[quote name='Scorch']That may be the exception. I've heard multiple reports of stores receiving a TON of copies.[/QUOTE]

My store had 3

My store near my office only had 4 copies that's pretty consistent with what others are finding on BluRay.com. There were at least 10 people there looking for this and many were pretty disappointed.

[quote name='pk24']I saw that it plays in 2d, but I'd this the same as the DVD/blu/blu3d set? As in all three in the case, or just the blu3d? If anyone has any info on that before I head over to my bb?[/QUOTE]

Both the Steelbook, and the regular 3D edition come with just 1 disc I believe. The disc doubles as both a 3D BD and a 2D one. I don't see any info that a DVD is included. The only other thing included is a UV digital copy

The sticker on the front states, "Also plays in 2D." In addition, the back has the specs for the disc which reads, "2D and 3D MVC Encoded 3D." It feels like it is all in one disc.

Edit: What ssjmichael said!

[quote name='Scorch']That may be the exception. I've heard multiple reports of stores receiving a TON of copies.[/QUOTE]

My store probably had about 10

Store I was at had 5 copies..4 on a center display at the very bottom corner, almost thought they were gone. Another was on a shelving cart. Two of the cases didn't pass the shake test, so make sure u do that..

Also, it appears the Ghost Rider SBs may be being put out today bc I saw those on a cart and an empty end cap with display set up

Woodbridge VA (Potomac Mills Store) has about 15 or so left. and a ton of GR steels. So not sure how limited it will be.

Just picked one up my store only seemed to have a couple. But I never have an issue getting them because no one in my area tends to notice these exclusives.

I must admit I do like the way her eyes glow in the light on this steelbook. Pretty cool effect.

M

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Got mine, there was only about 6 of them total. This thing seems to be Hurt Locker-esque limited...[/QUOTE]

It's nowhere near.

Hurt Locker was 2-3 per store, as least in my region. I believe it was the first US steelbook as well.

This one isn't limited at all. And I won't touch it with a ten foot pole since it's 3D.

One on Curtner Rd in San Jose is out. Got there about 10 min after they opened and picked up the last 2 copies. While I was trading in some dvds, noticed one of the employees had about 5 copies in her hand and bringing it to the instore pickup kiosk.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Burbank, CA had 18 copies and 15 copies of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.[/QUOTE]

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance isn't out yet is it ?

Saw one at my store. Couldn't justify the price, but it looked awesome. I don't really care for Underworld either. I'll get it one day.

Went by the Boynton Beach, FL store at about 4:00 and saw 3 copies. I bought one copy so there are 2 left. One copy had a huge dent in it. So it is probably more like one copy left. My copy had a small dent on the side which I didn't see until I opened it. Almost got Green Lantern 3D as well, but I already got the steelbook version. So didn't get it. Got Men in Black II instead which also came with a $10 MiB III movie ticket offer. Almost forgot to mention that I traded in 2 DVDs.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If anyone can provide the Sony Rewards code included with this it'd be appreciated![/QUOTE]

I forgot about that...

I'm still looking for this edition, minus the disc itself.

[quote name='Romeo']And I won't touch it with a ten foot pole since it's 3D.[/QUOTE]

What's the issue? It is 2D as well..

I wish it was a collection steelbook case and is it 5$ to pre-order the steelbook case for Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance

[quote name='starmask2k3']is it 5$ to pre-order the steelbook case for Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance[/QUOTE]

Yes. Look at the thread at the top of the forum related to this week's ad for discussion on the GR steelbook.

Got the last one at Victory Lakes. I could justify the extra by trading in some old crap dvds I had gathering dust

Went in during my lunch break, I don't think there are many collectors in the town I was in but I'm guessing they only got two copies, I picked up one of them.

bread's done
Back