Ninja Gaiden 3 - $39.99 - 360/PS3 @ Amazon FSSS

Tempting, but may wait until the $19.99 price point. Thanks for the post!

I hated this and I was a huge fan of the previous Ninja Gaidens. The combat is on autopilot and the game is littered with QTE

[quote name='harry hood']i hated this and i was a huge fan of the previous ninja gaidens. The combat is on autopilot and the game is littered with qte[/quote]
+1

you're a third of the way there to the price needed to satisfy my curiosity about this trainwreck based on my love of the series.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']This game is still better than Ninja Blade[/QUOTE]

No it isn't. This is coming from an NGB/NG2 veteran. NG3 is just an all around bad game.

All I want is the DoA 5 demo. I'll wait for $20 for the ltd edition and then trade the actual game back in right away. If that price point never gets hit... well, then I'll just wait for the actual game to come out.

That said, anyone picking this up willing to sell me an xbox demo code for a few bucks?

I felt Ninja Blade was a really underrated game. The controls were fairly responsive and some of the boss fights were impressive. The QTEs weren't strictly pass/fail as they are in other games, they rewarded you based on how precise your timing was. The only major strike it had against it was that that it had some turret sequences and turret sequences are rarely, if ever, fun.

I loved the over the top cutscenes in Ninja Blade. Yea QTEs suck, but I still found Ninja Blade quite enjoyable.

I loved NG2... Played the demo for NG3 and didn't care for it. I might grab it when it hits $10, but most likely wont. Paying extra for weapon DLC is bullshit.

Whoever removed the dismemberment in the game should be tarred and feathered.

$40 is nowhere close to what it's worth. I borrowed it from a friend and all I could think while playing it is "WTH?!" It took me only 6 hours to finish it on normal difficulty without dying once (unlike NG3, normal was no joke in the first two games).

I wouldn't even buy it at $20. Maybe $10 but even then, I would buy it used to express my disappointment to Tecmo and Team Ninja.

Lastly, three words: KUNAI CLIMB FAIL.

Only by a hair, because the combat is tighter. But man, Master Ninja mode is BS with Hayashi's famous 1 hit grab kills or very high hit damage (ala Sigma 2) instead of making smarter enemies like in Itagaki games. I take off-screen projectile spamming over this garbage anyday. The only way to safely play this mode is with Izuna Drop for everything. Hella boring. And the marketed steel on bone is so random, you can't really rely on it unlike previous OT. In previous games' master ninja mode, if you die, it's because you suck. In this game, you die because of you are unlucky or the framerate caused severe input lag. Since 3/20, my 2008 NG2 disc has been in my 360 more times than NG3.

I preordered this game when it first came out and I had more fun with the DOA5 demo. It seems DOA5 will be the first time this Hayashi guy will finally be able to bring us something worthwhile since Itagaki and his team's departure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the morons that consider this a pos YET still want to buy it if it's cheaper. Don't. You're just supporting companies that betray fans for the wider audience, stop being such idiots.

[quote name='kiwimonster']This game is like Duke Nukem Forever, do not buy.[/QUOTE]

No Duke Nukem Forever was a better game than this.

Even a bad ninja gaiden game makes a good action game

This game i think got mis reviewed because the Hard mode pretty much equaled what Ninja gaiden was in the past games. Also IGN was one of the 1st places to give this game a review and I dont think team ninja payed off IGN or something so they gave it to a bad reviewer(forgot his name) that is known for giving games that isn't a FPS low scores!

the main change in this game was it changed to not have backtracking on the levels so it was more like i guess devil may cry or baonetta over lets say GOD of War or darksiders. Still you cant hold it ageist a game because it's different from the last ones, that's poor review! Also for once this game does have a pretty decent story so if you want to just play on hero and rush through it then it's not bad. I do think there is Dark souls type fun on the harder settings. i actually unlocked ninja master the other day and plan on uploading that to my youtube channel :)

[quote name='Kaiser499']Something tells me they will release a sigma version.[/QUOTE]

They are. The Wii U version will likely have some variations and bonuses.

[quote name='Kevfactor']Even a bad ninja gaiden game makes a good action game

This game i think got mis reviewed because the Hard mode pretty much equaled what Ninja gaiden was in the past games. Also IGN was one of the 1st places to give this game a review and I dont think team ninja payed off IGN or something so they gave it to a bad reviewer(forgot his name) that is known for giving games that isn't a FPS low scores!

the main change in this game was it changed to not have backtracking on the levels so it was more like i guess devil may cry or baonetta over lets say GOD of War or darksiders. Still you cant hold it ageist a game because it's different from the last ones, that's poor review! Also for once this game does have a pretty decent story so if you want to just play on hero and rush through it then it's not bad. I do think there is Dark souls type fun on the harder settings. i actually unlocked ninja master the other day and plan on uploading that to my youtube channel :)[/QUOTE]

That's my one gripe about most gaming review sites. They always set the difficulty to normal because they believe most people will play on that setting. I really wish they did a separate review or had another person do a tougher level review. I know I play on the hardest difficulty setting because I probably won't go through that game anytime soon.

[quote name='NedHead']Waitng for a $5 Best Buy blowout on this.[/QUOTE]
Yep, $5 or I'm never buying it or just rent it from gamefly or redbox.

NG3 is not as good as its predecessor (I played them all except the NES one), but it is by no mean an atrocious game. The story is actually quite decent. I know this is hard to do, but just imagine you have never played any of the older NG games, now try to give it a fair rating. I would say this is more like a $20 game, not $5 or free as some of you stated, but of course, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Having platinumed the game, I implore people not to buy it. I did not play it on Normal, but it wasn't terrible on Hard. However, it falls apart at higher difficulties, in terms of massive lag/slowdown, glitching, and AI that cheat (grabbing you during invincible animations, etc). The team missions are a true test of anger management, because many of your deaths are going to be from things completely out of your control, such as Genshin deciding he just doesn't want to get hit anymore, or your UT randomly missing and you dying as a result.

9.99 or less for me. I love Ninja Gaiden and I can't understand why they would bastardize the combat. The difficulty WAS Ninja Gaiden.

To quote Itagaki, "The difference between Ninja Gaiden and other slashers, is that in most games, enemies are put there for you to kill, but with Ninja Gaiden, enemies are there to kill YOU."

No choices in weapon? Humanizing Ryu? What the fuck were they thinking?

My main gripes with Ninja Gaiden 3 (based on the demo anyway) were the long times it took to kill enemies (although having near death enemies beg for their lives was cool) and the graphics which were TOO DARK. There is blood spraying all over the place and cool attack combos, yet the graphics are so dark that I can't make everything out.

Are you guys saying that ninja star is the only throwing weapon you get in the game? I thought the four kinds of hand weapons (claws, swords,etc.) you get were a nice touch. And the story was fine since I'm use to Ryu of the NES version anyway.

[quote name='AkariK']Having platinumed the game, I implore people not to buy it. I did not play it on Normal, but it wasn't terrible on Hard. However, it falls apart at higher difficulties, in terms of massive lag/slowdown, glitching, and AI that cheat (grabbing you during invincible animations, etc). The team missions are a true test of anger management, because many of your deaths are going to be from things completely out of your control, such as Genshin deciding he just doesn't want to get hit anymore, or your UT randomly missing and you dying as a result.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried playing this broken game on master ninja difficulty and it's so frustrating with high health damage/1 hit grab kills and severe input lag during low framerate, it's just not worth the effort to complete this mode. In the past games, master ninja means smarter enemies that attack harder, not artificial hard. This is just like Sigma 2 which was also edited by Hayashi. This guy just does not know how to make a game hard. His choice of hard = high health damage (both Sigma 2 and NG3) and 5 Izuna Drops to kill a black spider ninja (Sigma 2). Ninja Gaiden 3 is clearly designed for button mashing newbies to the series to play on Normal difficulty. I played it on Hard on my first run and it wasn't much of a challenge. In MNM, you are not fighting harder enemies, you are fighting the input lag and a flawed design. I don't even want to try the DLC harder difficulty over Master Ninja. It will probably break my 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ijustw1n']I'll wait till game of the year edition.[/QUOTE]

No GOTY or Sigma version can save this game. The problem is in the design. They need a new game to save it, but under the leadership of Hayashi, it won't happen.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'll wait till game of the year edition.[/QUOTE]

Highly doubtful. This didn't sell well (and rightly so) on either system, and despite it likely being a Wii U launch title, I really doubt anyone is going to pick it over most other things around then.

[quote name='Prismatico']Highly doubtful. This didn't sell well (and rightly so) on either system, and despite it likely being a Wii U launch title, I really doubt anyone is going to pick it over most other things around then.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Can't tell if you don't understand sarcasm or are being sarcastic with a serious response to said sarcasm.

after playing the demo the biggest issue i have is that silly zoom-y camera. EVERY SINGLE ENEMY IT ZOOMS IN ON. it is sooo distracting.

[quote name='waldo21212']LOL!

Can't tell if you don't understand sarcasm or are being sarcastic with a serious response to said sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

Someone else responded seriously first, so why only quote me, and what's so funny? This community is constantly divided and some people here actually have that mentality. I don't care if they were joking or not, I was just commenting on the game. I'm well aware that that poster thinks of himself as a joker, but he's also made serious posts regarding value and patience. So unless it's impossible to form a rational response, I think it's still worth responding to in a semi-serious manner in case anyone really thought that way.

Meanwhile, GOTY Editions haven't been exclusive to universally praised games for years now (hell, Dead Island is getting one). All it really means is "DLC included" edition. Since this already has DLC and the Wii U version might have more content, I actually could have easily envisioned a GOTY re-release for this if it had sold a little better, regardless of the negative reviews since a few were positive.

bread's done
Back