$35 too much
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 ShadyAve

ShadyAve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

Waitng for a $5 Best Buy blowout on this.

Yep, $5 or I'm never buying it or just rent it from gamefly or redbox.

#33 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

NG3 is not as good as its predecessor (I played them all except the NES one), but it is by no mean an atrocious game. The story is actually quite decent. I know this is hard to do, but just imagine you have never played any of the older NG games, now try to give it a fair rating. I would say this is more like a $20 game, not $5 or free as some of you stated, but of course, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

#34 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Having platinumed the game, I implore people not to buy it. I did not play it on Normal, but it wasn't terrible on Hard. However, it falls apart at higher difficulties, in terms of massive lag/slowdown, glitching, and AI that cheat (grabbing you during invincible animations, etc). The team missions are a true test of anger management, because many of your deaths are going to be from things completely out of your control, such as Genshin deciding he just doesn't want to get hit anymore, or your UT randomly missing and you dying as a result.

#35 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

9.99 or less for me. I love Ninja Gaiden and I can't understand why they would bastardize the combat. The difficulty WAS Ninja Gaiden.

To quote Itagaki, "The difference between Ninja Gaiden and other slashers, is that in most games, enemies are put there for you to kill, but with Ninja Gaiden, enemies are there to kill YOU."

No choices in weapon? Humanizing Ryu? What the Fuck were they thinking?

#36 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

My main gripes with Ninja Gaiden 3 (based on the demo anyway) were the long times it took to kill enemies (although having near death enemies beg for their lives was cool) and the graphics which were TOO DARK. There is blood spraying all over the place and cool attack combos, yet the graphics are so dark that I can't make everything out.

Are you guys saying that ninja star is the only throwing weapon you get in the game? I thought the four kinds of hand weapons (claws, swords,etc.) you get were a nice touch. And the story was fine since I'm use to Ryu of the NES version anyway.
Posted Image

#37 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Having platinumed the game, I implore people not to buy it. I did not play it on Normal, but it wasn't terrible on Hard. However, it falls apart at higher difficulties, in terms of massive lag/slowdown, glitching, and AI that cheat (grabbing you during invincible animations, etc). The team missions are a true test of anger management, because many of your deaths are going to be from things completely out of your control, such as Genshin deciding he just doesn't want to get hit anymore, or your UT randomly missing and you dying as a result.

Yeah, I tried playing this broken game on master ninja difficulty and it's so frustrating with high health damage/1 hit grab kills and severe input lag during low framerate, it's just not worth the effort to complete this mode. In the past games, master ninja means smarter enemies that attack harder, not artificial hard. This is just like Sigma 2 which was also edited by Hayashi. This guy just does not know how to make a game hard. His choice of hard = high health damage (both Sigma 2 and NG3) and 5 Izuna Drops to kill a black spider ninja (Sigma 2). Ninja Gaiden 3 is clearly designed for button mashing newbies to the series to play on Normal difficulty. I played it on Hard on my first run and it wasn't much of a challenge. In MNM, you are not fighting harder enemies, you are fighting the input lag and a flawed design. I don't even want to try the DLC harder difficulty over Master Ninja. It will probably break my 360.

Edited by MPoWeRM3, 07 May 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#38 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'll wait till game of the year edition.

#39 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

No GOTY or Sigma version can save this game. The problem is in the design. They need a new game to save it, but under the leadership of Hayashi, it won't happen.

#40 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Highly doubtful. This didn't sell well (and rightly so) on either system, and despite it likely being a Wii U launch title, I really doubt anyone is going to pick it over most other things around then.

#41 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Highly doubtful. This didn't sell well (and rightly so) on either system, and despite it likely being a Wii U launch title, I really doubt anyone is going to pick it over most other things around then.

LOL!

Can't tell if you don't understand sarcasm or are being sarcastic with a serious response to said sarcasm.

#42 cheesefinder

cheesefinder

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

after playing the demo the biggest issue i have is that silly zoom-y camera. EVERY SINGLE ENEMY IT ZOOMS IN ON. it is sooo distracting.

#43 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

"a bad NG game is still a good action game"

You'd think so...but not in this case. It's just a bad game.

#44 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

LOL!

Can't tell if you don't understand sarcasm or are being sarcastic with a serious response to said sarcasm.

Someone else responded seriously first, so why only quote me, and what's so funny? This community is constantly divided and some people here actually have that mentality. I don't care if they were joking or not, I was just commenting on the game. I'm well aware that that poster thinks of himself as a joker, but he's also made serious posts regarding value and patience. So unless it's impossible to form a rational response, I think it's still worth responding to in a semi-serious manner in case anyone really thought that way.

Meanwhile, GOTY Editions haven't been exclusive to universally praised games for years now (hell, Dead Island is getting one). All it really means is "DLC included" edition. Since this already has DLC and the Wii U version might have more content, I actually could have easily envisioned a GOTY re-release for this if it had sold a little better, regardless of the negative reviews since a few were positive.