Microsoft Store Sale

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
408 replies to this topic

#331 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Just got home and Syndicate was already delivered.

#332 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

I see a lot of CAGs speak good things about Binary Domain, but after a couple video reviews, I can't bring myself to spend $25 on it. Maybe a $15 buy, or a $20 DOTD at BBY so I can use sme certificates, but that's about it.

Glad I ordered Syndicate when I did though!
<p>194619.pngRecently finished: Battlefield 4, GTA5, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Last of Us, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel

#333 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

I see a lot of CAGs speak good things about Binary Domain, but after a couple video reviews, I can't bring myself to spend $25 on it. Maybe a $15 buy, or a $20 DOTD at BBY so I can use sme certificates, but that's about it.

Glad I ordered Syndicate when I did though!

I rented and beat it awhile ago and probably won't pick it up again at any cost. Not much replay value.

#334 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

Wow! I ordered yesterday morning and my 2 games arrived today. From TN to CA in under 24hrs via free UPS ground. Insane!

#335 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Now they send me a stupid email asking how they did....And yet no Shipping confirmation this will be the last time i order from them.

#336 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Now they send me a stupid email asking how they did....And yet no Shipping confirmation this will be the last time i order from them.

I feel ya on this. I ordered from them at 1am CST, still no shipping confirmation. Crazy how I see people getting games within 24 hours & we cant even get a damn confirmation. Looked online & still showing "in process" for me. :cry:

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#337 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

Wow! I ordered yesterday morning and my 2 games arrived today. From TN to CA in under 24hrs via free UPS ground. Insane!

I'm in Ca too but my game is scheduled to deliver tomorrow!

#338 JeanLucAwesome

JeanLucAwesome

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Damn looks like I missed out on Syndicate, that was the best deal there.

#339 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

You guys should try PMing Syndicate at Best Buy, that's what I ended up doing

#340 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Had an interesting chat with a Microsoft Store representative today.

"You are now chatting with 'Kera'.
You: Bosamba
You: Hi there Kera, what time and date does the current sale end?
Kera: Good Morning! Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Chat Team, how may I help you today?
You: Did you receive my first question?
Kera:I'm sorry, what sale are you referring to?
You: There is a sale on a number of Xbox 360 games that started on Monday morning.
You: I'm just curious as to when the sale ends
Kera: Let me look into that for you. One moment.
Kera:the sale last while supplies last.
You: Great, thank you.
Kera: You're welcome, and what games are you interested in?
You: Syndicate which is Out of Stock on your website.
Kera: What Xbox do you use?
You: I guess you don't anticipate stock getting replenished. Xbox 360
Kera: I'm not sure when we will be getting more, I'm sorry.
You: That's okay. Thanks for your help and have a nice day.
Kera: You're welcome! Can I help you with anything else today?
You: That will be all. Thank you
Kera: Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Chat Team! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
Thank you for chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today."

That line about the sale ending while supplies last is not true since older sales have ended with them still having stock on the discounted games. Based on the availability of Halo: CEA from their website that sold out when it was $19.99, I'd say that if you missed out on any games, you're probably SOL :cry:.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#341 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

At this point I'm just hoping that FFXIII-2 stays in stock, as well as maybe getting Grand Slam Tennis, though if that goes, not the end of the world, who knows when I'd finally get a chance to start it.

#342 Aziatic1

Aziatic1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Did it work

#343 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

But they don't PM to online..and we don't have any MS stores near.. :(

nihilence.png

#344 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

There are some BBY's that are starting to pm online prices.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#345 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

How do you get them to when it is OOS? I would take a trip if I could do it. (Ohio).

nihilence.png

#346 Hraesvelg

Hraesvelg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ordered Neverdead Monday afternoon , received a confirmation and how did we do email but i have yet to receive a shipping confirmation.

#347 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

How do you get them to when it is OOS? I would take a trip if I could do it. (Ohio).

I don't think it'll work with a OOS item though. Sorry should have stated that.

#348 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Ordered NeverDead and Syndicate from Microsoft, receive a single shipping tracking number and 0.7 pound weight. Suspicions rising.

Receive order today. Syndicate is in the bubble mailer, but no sign of NeverDead.

Call Microsoft.

They ask me to check the package three times for a NeverDead voucher. There is none.

They agree to send another copy out. Now, they are out of stock. I say, "Well, I'll take one of the digital vouchers" before hearing:

"According to our records, this game isn't available via voucher"
(facepalm)
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#349 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

In Canada, it's now PM policy as stated on bestbuy.ca.

Here in the US, it's not official policy, though managers always have some latitude on price adjustments to close deals. Some CAGs have it done, other's don't.

In other news, I ordered a copy of Asura's Wrath this morning, since it was the cheapest price I've seen it and it's disappearing out of retail stores due to an apparent low print run. Already have my shipping notification with tracking number.

#350 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

maybe some where else will have Syndicate for cheap soon. By that time I won't have time for it :P

nihilence.png

#351 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

In Canada, it's now PM policy as stated on bestbuy.ca.

Here in the US, it's not official policy, though managers always have some latitude on price adjustments to close deals. Some CAGs have it done, other's don't.

In other news, I ordered a copy of Asura's Wrath this morning, since it was the cheapest price I've seen it and it's disappearing out of retail stores due to an apparent low print run. Already have my shipping notification with tracking number.

I haven't read US policy or anything but I've seen Amazon.com as a retailer in the list of retailers to PM in the POS. Pretty interesting, and I've never heard of it being done otherwise in my experience, but like you said, some have done it.

In other news, I pricematched Syndicate at Fry's, so I am a happy camper. :D
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#352 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

I am still trying to figure out a way to PM it. Ohio is shafted in this deal.

nihilence.png

#353 CoruptAI125

CoruptAI125

Subs B4 Dubs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

Ordered NeverDead and Syndicate from Microsoft, receive a single shipping tracking number and 0.7 pound weight. Suspicions rising.

Receive order today. Syndicate is in the bubble mailer, but no sign of NeverDead.

Call Microsoft.

They ask me to check the package three times for a NeverDead voucher. There is none.

They agree to send another copy out. Now, they are out of stock. I say, "Well, I'll take one of the digital vouchers" before hearing:

"According to our records, this game isn't available via voucher"
(facepalm)

Hmmm. I also got a 0.7 pound weight but I got both games in the same bubble mailer today. Remarkably fast shipping.

#354 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Kera: What Xbox do you use?

Is this like a routine question?

#355 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Did it work

Yea worked for me, needed a manager's approval though

If they give you trouble you could always try the "physical store is too far so I would prefer to buy from you" line. That's what I ended up doing since I live at the far end of NYC and the closest MS store is in New Jersey.

And about the OOS try to see if you have a cached version of the page? Or if someone who printed it out could scan for you? I would have scanned mine for you but threw it away after my purchase.

#356 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hmmm. I also got a 0.7 pound weight but I got both games in the same bubble mailer today. Remarkably fast shipping.

Awesome, I'm off today and tomorrow. I could probably fit in some Syndicate time :bouncy:

Listens to the dub-step soundtrack.

Wub-wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubw.8-)

#357 Noriyuke127

Noriyuke127

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I can't believe i missed the Syndicate Deal :(
Posted Image

#358 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

What if I am visiting near a MS store, but would rather pick it up at home?

nihilence.png

#359 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Been two days & still no shipping confirmation, now seeing Neverdead not getting shipped for some people. Just waiting for MS to send me an e-mail saying my order has been cancelled. I just dont see it staying "In Process" this long.

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#360 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Been two days & still no shipping confirmation, now seeing Neverdead not getting shipped for some people. Just waiting for MS to send me an e-mail saying my order has been cancelled. I just dont see it staying "In Process" this long.

I'm also still waiting for shipping confirmation.I chatted with them and asked them why I haven't received a shipping confirmation and all they sent me was my order confirmation again and told me to wait an extra week.This has been the worst experience ever from shopping online.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!