HP 23” 1080p LED 3D Monitor $199.99 + $5 shipping New from Sellout.Woot

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']What's wrong with passive 3D?[/QUOTE]

It's lower resolution. Passive 3D is 1920x540 to each eye. Active 3D is 1920x1080 to each eye.

My TV is passive 3D and I still like it, but saying this monitor is the same as the Playstation 3D TV is absolutely false.

I actually got this monitor about a week and a half ago directly from HP for 180. Be aware, this monitor's 3D is completely software based. This means that most PS3 and 360 games (Even with the 3D logo), won't work on the monitor in 3D. Also, it might just be my eyes, but it mine seems to have very dim horizontal lines crossing the screen. Again, could be my eyes. The 3D on it is incredible (IMO). There were some youtube videos that blew my mind with the amount of pop-out 3D that was possible on a 23 inch screen. I played through Sonic Generations with it as well, and it's just breathtaking (Keep in mind though that this is my first 3D display.).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It's lower resolution. Passive 3D is 1920x540 to each eye. Active 3D is 1920x1080 to each eye.

My TV is passive 3D and I still like it, but saying this monitor is the same as the Playstation 3D TV is absolutely false.[/QUOTE]
Makes sense. Thanks for answering!

[quote name='roymustang']No offense but it's not 120Hz which makes it kinda worthless for 3D.[/QUOTE]

Passive 3D does not require 120Hz.

No offense but it's not 120Hz which makes it kinda worthless for 3D.
hb.jpg

lk.jpg

bread's done
Back