Gears of War 3: Epic Edition - Xbox 360 $59.99 + FREE SHIPPING

BestBuy

http://www.bestbuy.c...rs...&lp=9&cp=1

#2 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Nice find! I think its been this price before on other retailers.. like TRU last week.
Posted Image

#3 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

Thank OP. Been waiting for this one. Maybe it's time I finally get back to this game. I beat it but haven't touched a single DLC even though I bought the season pass.

#4 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

It's hard to pay 2X the price since TRU had it for $29.99 as a bundle special. Maybe it'll drop lower. I won the a copy of the season pass, and I only played RAAM'S SHADOW. Didn't care for the MP...Just my two cents.

#5 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'm a sucker for Art Books, so I grabbed one of these even though I already have the Vanilla.
I'll trade that in, and sell some of the other extras to get back close to even.

#6 myvolition

myvolition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

might be worth checking instore - its marked as 35% off at my local BB, if you can stack 35% off with $60 then you're down to $40 - very ymmv though

#7 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

thanks op

#8 shopsmarts

shopsmarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

I've seen the statue and this is an awesom deal! Glad I hadn't bought it yet. I'm also looking forward to the book.
Ballin' on a budget

#9 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Really nice find, pretty good deal for anyone who doesn't own the game yet. I think my price to get it since I own a standard copy would be around $30 or $40.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#10 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

I bit on this. I was very disappointed that I missed the TRU sale, but this price is great too!

Thanks!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#11 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

great deal if you are a big fan of the series. Like the game but seriously 3.0 may be a completionist's worst nightmare.
Posted Image

#12 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Big GoW fan and love the third game, planning on selling my vanilla copy (paid $15 for) and the multiplayer DLC in this version to help cover the cost of the Epic Edition. The Marcus Fenix statue should look great next to my Halo Reach one. :)

#13 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

To hell with it, I'm buying one before all the boxes get beat to shit. Hopefully this one won't be completely busted up.

#14 DeathByFRODO

DeathByFRODO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

thanks op, have been waiting for a decent drop. I didnt even know about the toys r us drop so i will gladly take this one. Also, i know its been 10$ for a while and an old blu ray, but finally picked up FF: advent children from there also.

#15 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Good call, even though I traded in my 360 console, I will keep the Halo Reach statue, it is super awesome.

Big GoW fan and love the third game, planning on selling my vanilla copy (paid $15 for) and the multiplayer DLC in this version to help cover the cost of the Epic Edition. The Marcus Fenix statue should look great next to my Halo Reach one. :)

#16 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks OP. I've been checking the price here and there since this was released - I only have 1 TRU that only gets vanilla games.
Less than 1/2 off works for me. Now to get rid of my release day copy.

#17 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

I got one in Portsmouth , NH the other day.
Only $35.
So some besrmbuys are marking even lower.

#18 Joe Sparxxx

Joe Sparxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

I got one in Portsmouth , NH the other day.
Only $35.
So some besrmbuys are marking even lower.

Holy crap were there any more in Portsmouth, nh?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

I couldn't seem to pull the trigger when it was on sale on TRU for $60, the shipping & taxes were what killed it. So to me this is still a decent buy, but I wonder if should wait till BF and hope they still carry some or just buy it now.. Don't even own a 360, man I really didn't want this edition since Ill have more shit crammed in my apartment but I figured I'll just start cleaning up crap I don't actually use like the RB & GH leftover stuff.

#20 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

do your duty, submit the price to Amazon and hope for a match :)

#21 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Not as good as TRU deal last week but I would still hit that if i were you guys

#22 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

People in my area must not like gears of war for some reason, as they still have 10+ gears consoles for about 300, and at least 5 epic editions. Will wait for a further price drop.

#23 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

This tells me that I won't be buying anymore CE or LE editions of new games. I did get Gears Epic off ebay for $75, but I did buy Killzone 3 HE for $129, ooch. I have such a backlog of games, it doesn't make sense to buy CE or LE editions at launch anymore. Just my opinion of course.

#24 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

ordered for in-store-pickup - hope they let me return/rebuy with the giftcards I don't currently have with me...

#25 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Submit for Amazon.com price match
http://www.amazon.co...36488420&sr=8-1

#26 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

This tells me that I won't be buying anymore CE or LE editions of new games. I did get Gears Epic off ebay for $75, but I did buy Killzone 3 HE for $129, ooch. I have such a backlog of games, it doesn't make sense to buy CE or LE editions at launch anymore. Just my opinion of course.

Ouch, if I would've had the money to shell out when KZ3 I would have. Luckily I didn't, and managed to score it for $25 last year during the BF sale.

Which is why I was doubtful if I should or shouldn't buy the Epic Edition of GoW3. But considering it's one of Microsoft's Flagship games, I'm pretty sure the price of this won't dip that much even if they do have excess inventory left by the holidays. But who knows, Best Buy has surprised me several times already.

However I do definitely agree, I have way too many of these damn boxes, but I just can't seem to control myself.. Either way, it's a smart thing what you did, because many CE's don't get mass produced this much, so if the value skyrockets you'll be glad you bought it, But hey, at least you didn't buy the Balls of Steel edition of Duke Nukem right? 8-)

#27 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

This was a cool game for a month or so when people actually played it. Easily put 100+ hours into it during that span. The player base seemed to drop off dramatically once MW3 and BF3 came out. Then the whole pay for DLC to stay on dedicated servers turned me off forever.

#28 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Decided to bite. Im such a sucker for these collectors editions, plus I own the 1st and 2nd limited editions so might as well round off the series. Thanks OP!

#29 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Submit for Amazon.com price match
http://www.amazon.co...36488420&sr=8-1

It will probably sell out on bestbuy.com before Amazon does match. Is it worth the risk just to save $3 in taxes?

#30 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Ouch, if I would've had the money to shell out when KZ3 I would have. Luckily I didn't, and managed to score it for $25 last year during the BF sale.

Which is why I was doubtful if I should or shouldn't buy the Epic Edition of GoW3. But considering it's one of Microsoft's Flagship games, I'm pretty sure the price of this won't dip that much even if they do have excess inventory left by the holidays. But who knows, Best Buy has surprised me several times already.

However I do definitely agree, I have way too many of these damn boxes, but I just can't seem to control myself.. Either way, it's a smart thing what you did, because many CE's don't get mass produced this much, so if the value skyrockets you'll be glad you bought it, But hey, at least you didn't buy the Balls of Steel edition of Duke Nukem right? 8-)

Ouch is right, and yeah, I did buy Duke Nukem BOS edition at launch for $99. I preorded it when it was stated as truely limited, that is before they decided to make enough for everyone on planet earth. No more CEs and LEs for me, I will now wait and watch the prices fall. Maybe it will help me clear my backlog too.