Gears of War 3 Epic Editon $59.99 in-store at Best buy

Thank OP. Been waiting for this one. Maybe it's time I finally get back to this game. I beat it but haven't touched a single DLC even though I bought the season pass.

It's hard to pay 2X the price since TRU had it for $29.99 as a bundle special. Maybe it'll drop lower. I won the a copy of the season pass, and I only played RAAM'S SHADOW. Didn't care for the MP...Just my two cents.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's hard to pay 2X the price since TRU had it for $29.99 as a bundle special. Maybe it'll drop lower. I won the a copy of the season pass, and I only played RAAM'S SHADOW. Didn't care for the MP...Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

I just want the statue and probably going to flip the rest. The DLC is still pulling decent money on ebay,

[quote name='roymustang']so much for keeping it a secret I guess.[/QUOTE]

You mean like every other deal that hits this site? **rollseyes** if you want it, buy it. If you don't , don't bitch that someone else thinks $60 is their "right price".

I'm a sucker for Art Books, so I grabbed one of these even though I already have the Vanilla.
I'll trade that in, and sell some of the other extras to get back close to even.

might be worth checking instore - its marked as 35% off at my local BB, if you can stack 35% off with $60 then you're down to $40 - very ymmv though

[quote name='crazedracerguy']You mean like every other deal that hits this site? **rollseyes** if you want it, buy it. If you don't , don't bitch that someone else thinks $60 is their "right price".[/QUOTE]

You need to fucking learn to read without inferring things. I don't give two shits about this deal or if its secret or not. I was merely commenting based on the ramblings in the Best Buy DOTD thread where people found it way before this was posted and were trying to keep it hidden within that thread so SD wouldn't find out about it. People like you that like to jump on anything a person says without fully grasping it really represent the bottom-feeders of the internet.

I've seen the statue and this is an awesom deal! Glad I hadn't bought it yet. I'm also looking forward to the book.

[quote name='roymustang']You need to fucking learn to read without inferring things. I don't give two shits about this deal or if its secret or not. I was merely commenting based on the ramblings in the Best Buy DOTD thread where people found it way before this was posted and were trying to keep it hidden within that thread so SD wouldn't find out about it. People like you that like to jump on anything a person says without fully grasping it really represent the bottom-feeders of the internet.[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is that before a deal is posted we should search through all the threads in case someone wants to keep something a secret.....

edit:
Also according to the link it was posted last night at 11:47PM. Perhaps you should learn to read.

http://slickdeals.net/f/4356368-Gears-of-War-3-Epic-Edition-Xbox-360-59-99-FREE-SHIPPING?p=49894916

Really nice find, pretty good deal for anyone who doesn't own the game yet. I think my price to get it since I own a standard copy would be around $30 or $40.

great deal if you are a big fan of the series. Like the game but seriously 3.0 may be a completionist's worst nightmare.

Big GoW fan and love the third game, planning on selling my vanilla copy (paid $15 for) and the multiplayer DLC in this version to help cover the cost of the Epic Edition. The Marcus Fenix statue should look great next to my Halo Reach one. :)

thanks op, have been waiting for a decent drop. I didnt even know about the toys r us drop so i will gladly take this one. Also, i know its been 10$ for a while and an old blu ray, but finally picked up FF: advent children from there also.

Good call, even though I traded in my 360 console, I will keep the Halo Reach statue, it is super awesome.

[quote name='Alien Spider']Big GoW fan and love the third game, planning on selling my vanilla copy (paid $15 for) and the multiplayer DLC in this version to help cover the cost of the Epic Edition. The Marcus Fenix statue should look great next to my Halo Reach one. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP. I've been checking the price here and there since this was released - I only have 1 TRU that only gets vanilla games.
Less than 1/2 off works for me. Now to get rid of my release day copy.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']I got one in Portsmouth , NH the other day.
Only $35.
So some besrmbuys are marking even lower.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap were there any more in Portsmouth, nh?

I couldn't seem to pull the trigger when it was on sale on TRU for $60, the shipping & taxes were what killed it. So to me this is still a decent buy, but I wonder if should wait till BF and hope they still carry some or just buy it now.. Don't even own a 360, man I really didn't want this edition since Ill have more shit crammed in my apartment but I figured I'll just start cleaning up crap I don't actually use like the RB & GH leftover stuff.

People in my area must not like gears of war for some reason, as they still have 10+ gears consoles for about 300, and at least 5 epic editions. Will wait for a further price drop.

This tells me that I won't be buying anymore CE or LE editions of new games. I did get Gears Epic off ebay for $75, but I did buy Killzone 3 HE for $129, ooch. I have such a backlog of games, it doesn't make sense to buy CE or LE editions at launch anymore. Just my opinion of course.

[quote name='deantjeep']This tells me that I won't be buying anymore CE or LE editions of new games. I did get Gears Epic off ebay for $75, but I did buy Killzone 3 HE for $129, ooch. I have such a backlog of games, it doesn't make sense to buy CE or LE editions at launch anymore. Just my opinion of course.[/QUOTE]Ouch, if I would've had the money to shell out when KZ3 I would have. Luckily I didn't, and managed to score it for $25 last year during the BF sale.

Which is why I was doubtful if I should or shouldn't buy the Epic Edition of GoW3. But considering it's one of Microsoft's Flagship games, I'm pretty sure the price of this won't dip that much even if they do have excess inventory left by the holidays. But who knows, Best Buy has surprised me several times already.

However I do definitely agree, I have way too many of these damn boxes, but I just can't seem to control myself.. Either way, it's a smart thing what you did, because many CE's don't get mass produced this much, so if the value skyrockets you'll be glad you bought it, But hey, at least you didn't buy the Balls of Steel edition of Duke Nukem right? :cool:

This was a cool game for a month or so when people actually played it. Easily put 100+ hours into it during that span. The player base seemed to drop off dramatically once MW3 and BF3 came out. Then the whole pay for DLC to stay on dedicated servers turned me off forever.

Decided to bite. Im such a sucker for these collectors editions, plus I own the 1st and 2nd limited editions so might as well round off the series. Thanks OP!

[quote name='roymustang']so much for keeping it a secret I guess.[/QUOTE]
I said the same thing about when BB had the :ps3:Black Ops Prestige editions marked down to $14.99 in store. Someone told me about them and then someone else posted a thread on here about it.:whistle2:# Of course, finding one of those in store was like spotting a unicorn. It was only once BB marked down the remaining Prestige bundles online that the shit hit the fan.:D That was a fun day last July.;)

[quote name='eXiON']Ouch, if I would've had the money to shell out when KZ3 I would have. Luckily I didn't, and managed to score it for $25 last year during the BF sale.

Which is why I was doubtful if I should or shouldn't buy the Epic Edition of GoW3. But considering it's one of Microsoft's Flagship games, I'm pretty sure the price of this won't dip that much even if they do have excess inventory left by the holidays. But who knows, Best Buy has surprised me several times already.

However I do definitely agree, I have way too many of these damn boxes, but I just can't seem to control myself.. Either way, it's a smart thing what you did, because many CE's don't get mass produced this much, so if the value skyrockets you'll be glad you bought it, But hey, at least you didn't buy the Balls of Steel edition of Duke Nukem right? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ouch is right, and yeah, I did buy Duke Nukem BOS edition at launch for $99. I preorded it when it was stated as truely limited, that is before they decided to make enough for everyone on planet earth. No more CEs and LEs for me, I will now wait and watch the prices fall. Maybe it will help me clear my backlog too.

[quote name='deantjeep']Ouch is right, and yeah, I did buy Duke Nukem BOS edition at launch for $99. I preorded it when it was stated as truely limited, that is before they decided to make enough for everyone on planet earth. No more CEs and LEs for me, I will now wait and watch the prices fall. Maybe it will help me clear my backlog too.[/QUOTE]

To keep it in context Duke Nukem: BOS was only sold by Gamestop and Amazon so I'm sure it had a smaller print then many AAA titles. The problem was the game itself sucked balls and the demand for the CE just wasn't there.

[quote name='Newl']Hellz yeah! I did my job, now hopefully amazon comes through.

ps i only really want the statue, waiting for the inevitable goty edition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.... amazon is like 0/100 when it comes to PM'ing clerance CE's.

Uncharted 3 CE... nope
Skyrim CE... nope
Halo Reach Legendary Edition... nope

the did finally PM the LORT War in the North CE though

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah.... amazon is like 0/100 when it comes to PM'ing clerance CE's.

Uncharted 3 CE... nope
Skyrim CE... nope
Halo Reach Legendary Edition... nope

the did finally PM the LORT War in the North CE though[/QUOTE]
1/100 because they did match LOTR: War In The North. But yes, not worth the effort.

Amazon currently has it for $150. I really doubt they will PM BB's price. Placed my order for store pickup even though they have free shipping. I have a feeling they will end up shipping me a beat up box. Better make sure it's in good condition when I pick it up.

Got this last week with MW3 for 65 total from best buy price matching the tru sale...then exchanged MW3 for Witcher 2 :)

The statue is awesome and i was impressed with the big case the game and artbook come in as well. All very display worthy.

bread's done
Back