The Brand New OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']Munch are you expecting a boy or a girl?[/QUOTE]

A girl. She's due sometime in September. Then it's a trip to Dick Chopp :cool:

[quote name='Number83']Why'd you cheap out?[/QUOTE]

Because I got tired of not being able to find a 680 and Tiger Direct had the 670 SC version.

[quote name='munch']Did you ever listen to The Parlor Mob, Casey?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I have to set up a spotify account. I usually listen to music through SiriusXM, but I will set one up so I can check it out.

The video is corny, but the song is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27DOC2xD-Fw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I need to dedicate a gaming night just to "demos". I've downloaded ones PSN for three weeks in a row now without touching them.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Never again.[/QUOTE]

I almost bought it at 5 dollars, but then I thought about your severe hatred of the game and put that money towards Alan Wake: American Nightmare.

:lol:

My girlfriend was tired of me giving her shit for never cooking and decided to make something in the crockpot for dinner tonight. She ended up leaving the meat in the sink for 12 hours but still decided to cook with it. This is why I do all the cooking.

In other news, I really hope I'm at least in the running for this job in Washington state.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I almost bought it at 5 dollars, but then I thought about your severe hatred of the game and put that money towards Alan Wake: American Nightmare.[/QUOTE]

You made the right choice. I'm probably going to pick up American Nightmare on GOG.com this weekend.

[quote name='Eviltude']:lol:

My girlfriend was tired of me giving her shit for never cooking and decided to make something in the crockpot for dinner tonight. She ended up leaving the meat in the sink for 12 hours but still decided to cook with it. This is why I do all the cooking.

In other news, I really hope I'm at least in the running for this job in Washington state.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Didn't take you long to figure out that Raleigh sucks ass.

I honestly enjoy the area and living around here is surprisingly cheaper than it was in Hampton Roads. At first Friday last week we drank beer while sexy girls danced with fire and that never happened in Norfolk. The job in WA is exactly what I was looking for out of school, but there is undoubtedly people more qualified than I am so I just have to sit with my fingers crossed.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']:lol:

Didn't take you long to figure out that Raleigh sucks ass.[/QUOTE]
Eh...its the south, and the south sucks...

And its only expensive here Evil because of the fucking military. Its because of the squids and jar heads that this area is too damn expensive...

Chicago goes down even though they had the talent to take down the 76er's without Rose and now it looks like Hot-lanta might take their series to game 7. With all the injuries and crazy finishes this has been an impressive first round for the NBA.

Does nobody on this site own UFC 3 on the PS3? Seriously...I've been looking for it for days and nobody has brought a copy to me haha.

P.S. I return!

Morning all. Back in PA but still on vacation.

EDIT: My old man yells at cloud moment of the day: My Facebook friends feed is starting to be filled with people posting jpgs of corny little bumper sticker type stuff. "I love Fridays", "I'm a bitch and I know it", etc

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I almost bought it at 5 dollars, but then I thought about your severe hatred of the game and put that money towards Alan Wake: American Nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Fear 3 isn't the greatest thing ever but its a really fun game and definitely worth it for $20 or less. Interesting story, great graphics, and good value since you can go through the game twice with two completely different play styles.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Does nobody on this site own UFC 3 on the PS3? Seriously...I've been looking for it for days and nobody has brought a copy to me haha.

P.S. I return![/QUOTE]

Is it worth a purchase? I got EA MMA and really liked it but fuckin EA shut the servers down within a year or so after they released it.

Going to see UFC on FX 4 in Atlantic City 6/22 by the way. I was happy to see they just added Abedi vs Story. That should be a good one.

Anyone uppins pick up Starhawk?

Also, I've never played any of the Diablos but could I get into 3? Is the play style of Torchlight similar to the Diablo games?

[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone uppins pick up Starhawk?

Also, I've never played any of the Diablos but could I get into 3? Is the play style of Torchlight similar to the Diablo games?[/QUOTE]

You could get into D3 without picking up 1 and 2...just pick up a primer from wiki about the Diablo Lore. It's some pretty great storytelling.

Torchlight is a Diablo clone, save for the 'cutsie fantasy setting' and the pet you could send off to clean out your backpack. If you liked Torchlight, you'll love Diablo. D3 is darker and gritter than TL.

I took off from work to play it on Tuesday.

Oh, and welcome back! Glad you brought the sun with you! It rained the entire week without you.

I picked up the Doomsday Edition of Resistance 3 on clearance from Target...the one that comes with PS Move, and the sharpshooter. So I decided to hook it up and fire up Resistance 3. After 3 hours of PS3 updates, game updates and installs, I finally get control of my character...Who the hell designed this thing? Press this button here, press this button all the way over here on the other side. Crouch is "O", but the Nav controller has no "O" button, thats on the Glow stick (or one of these mini-buttons on either side of the trigger that I cant reach)...OK, so let me press...OH, GOD THEY'RE SHOOTING AT ME, GET BEHIND COVER...Wait, the Nav controller is spinning me in a circle...I'm dead!

Am I doing this wrong?

I have to play this with a regular controller it seems.

[quote name='Number83']You could get into D3 without picking up 1 and 2...just pick up a primer from wiki about the Diablo Lore. It's some pretty great storytelling.

Torchlight is a Diablo clone, save for the 'cutsie fantasy setting' and the pet you could send off to clean out your backpack. If you liked Torchlight, you'll love Diablo. D3 is darker and gritter than TL.[/QUOTE]

I loved Torchlight so I'm thinking I'll have to give Diablo 3 a go. Hopefully my computer can run it.

[quote name='Number83']I picked up the Doomsday Edition of Resistance 3 on clearance from Target...the one that comes with PS Move, and the sharpshooter. So I decided to hook it up and fire up Resistance 3. After 3 hours of PS3 updates, game updates and installs, I finally get control of my character...Who the hell designed this thing? Press this button here, press this button all the way over here on the other side. Crouch is "O", but the Nav controller has no "O" button, thats on the Glow stick (or one of these mini-buttons on either side of the trigger that I cant reach)...OK, so let me press...OH, GOD THEY'RE SHOOTING AT ME, GET BEHIND COVER...Wait, the Nav controller is spinning me in a circle...I'm dead!

Am I doing this wrong?

I have to play this with a regular controller it seems.[/QUOTE]

Ughh motion controls are the worst. Its the one way Microsoft manages to disappoint me at every E3 lately.

tumblr_m3tm76qSIf1qza3e8o1_250.gif

[quote name='Maklershed']Fear 3 isn't the greatest thing ever but its a really fun game and definitely worth it for $20 or less. Interesting story, great graphics, and good value since you can go through the game twice with two completely different play styles. [/QUOTE]

The difference is that Casey is a fan of FEAR (I think I recall him disliking FEAR 2 as well). Fans of the series got shit on by that excuse for a "story". The lore was absolutely decimated in FEAR3.

The first game when it came out was so fucking good. It hasn't aged well, but the little touches and the horror aspects were intriguing at the time. The second game holds up alright, but it feels very paint by numbers from the start.

I wish they would have stopped after the first game and made a No One Lives Forever sequel instead.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The first game when it came out was so fucking good. It hasn't aged well, but the little touches and the horror aspects were intriguing at the time. The second game holds up alright, but it feels very paint by numbers from the start.

I wish they would have stopped after the first game and made a No One Lives Forever sequel instead.[/QUOTE]

They made two, the awesome NOLF2 and the very generic cruddy Contract JACK.

[quote name='Trakan']Parks gets renewed for 22 episodes and Whitney is expected to be canceled.

Somebody at NBC likes me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not. Whitney just got renewed.

Why NBC renewed Whitney and didn't give Bent any kind of chance is beyond me. Bent filled the niche they are looking to fill in their comedy line up (women) and yet they shit all over it.

[quote name='Trakan']Parks gets renewed for 22 episodes and Whitney is expected to be canceled.

Somebody at NBC likes me.[/QUOTE]
:D

[quote name='munch']Whitney was goddamn horrible.[/QUOTE]
:cool:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Maybe not. Whitney just got renewed.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

Whitney is still goddamn awful.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I heard a rumor yesterday that 30 Rock, Parks, and Community were all set to be cancelled. Was that confirmed false?[/QUOTE]

This upcoming season is the last for 30 Rock. It and Community are only having 13 episode seasons. Community could get a full order depending on whether the new NBC shows suck. Parks got an order of 22 episodes.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I heard a rumor yesterday that 30 Rock, Parks, and Community were all set to be cancelled. Was that confirmed false?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Parks & Rec got a full 22-episode season, and 30 Rock and Community each got 13 episode pickups.

What are some decent sites and/or YouTube videos for building a PC? As its pretty clear that my jackass best friend isn't going to be helping anytime soon

[quote name='CaseyRyback']This upcoming season is the last for 30 Rock. It and Community are only having 13 episode seasons. Community could get a full order depending on whether the new NBC shows suck. Parks got an order of 22 episodes.[/QUOTE]

The missus will be pleased, she's been digging Community lately and flew through the first few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back