The Brand New OTT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#31 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

You could get into D3 without picking up 1 and 2...just pick up a primer from wiki about the Diablo Lore. It's some pretty great storytelling.

Torchlight is a Diablo clone, save for the 'cutsie fantasy setting' and the pet you could send off to clean out your backpack. If you liked Torchlight, you'll love Diablo. D3 is darker and gritter than TL.

I loved Torchlight so I'm thinking I'll have to give Diablo 3 a go. Hopefully my computer can run it.

I picked up the Doomsday Edition of Resistance 3 on clearance from Target...the one that comes with PS Move, and the sharpshooter. So I decided to hook it up and fire up Resistance 3. After 3 hours of PS3 updates, game updates and installs, I finally get control of my character...Who the hell designed this thing? Press this button here, press this button all the way over here on the other side. Crouch is "O", but the Nav controller has no "O" button, thats on the Glow stick (or one of these mini-buttons on either side of the trigger that I cant reach)...OK, so let me press...OH, GOD THEY'RE SHOOTING AT ME, GET BEHIND COVER...Wait, the Nav controller is spinning me in a circle...I'm dead!

Am I doing this wrong?

I have to play this with a regular controller it seems.

Ughh motion controls are the worst. Its the one way Microsoft manages to disappoint me at every E3 lately.

Posted Image

#32 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Congratulations Frosty for being in the top 20% of players of Mass Effect 3!

Posted Image

#33 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

I loved Torchlight so I'm thinking I'll have to give Diablo 3 a go. Hopefully my computer can run it.

System requirements:

http://us.battle.net...em-requirements

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#34 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

#35 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Fear 3 isn't the greatest thing ever but its a really fun game and definitely worth it for $20 or less. Interesting story, great graphics, and good value since you can go through the game twice with two completely different play styles.

The difference is that Casey is a fan of FEAR (I think I recall him disliking FEAR 2 as well). Fans of the series got shit on by that excuse for a "story". The lore was absolutely decimated in FEAR3.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#36 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

The first game when it came out was so fucking good. It hasn't aged well, but the little touches and the horror aspects were intriguing at the time. The second game holds up alright, but it feels very paint by numbers from the start.

I wish they would have stopped after the first game and made a No One Lives Forever sequel instead.

Posted Image

#37 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

The first game when it came out was so fucking good. It hasn't aged well, but the little touches and the horror aspects were intriguing at the time. The second game holds up alright, but it feels very paint by numbers from the start.

I wish they would have stopped after the first game and made a No One Lives Forever sequel instead.

They made two, the awesome NOLF2 and the very generic cruddy Contract JACK.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#38 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Parks gets renewed for 22 episodes and Whitney is expected to be canceled.

Somebody at NBC likes me.

#39 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Whitney was goddamn horrible.

#40 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Maybe not. Whitney just got renewed.

#41 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Why NBC renewed Whitney and didn't give Bent any kind of chance is beyond me. Bent filled the niche they are looking to fill in their comedy line up (women) and yet they shit all over it.

#42 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

:D

Whitney was goddamn horrible.

8-)

Maybe not. Whitney just got renewed.

:cry:

Whitney is still goddamn awful.

#43 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

I heard a rumor yesterday that 30 Rock, Parks, and Community were all set to be cancelled. Was that confirmed false?

#44 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

I heard a rumor yesterday that 30 Rock, Parks, and Community were all set to be cancelled. Was that confirmed false?

This upcoming season is the last for 30 Rock. It and Community are only having 13 episode seasons. Community could get a full order depending on whether the new NBC shows suck. Parks got an order of 22 episodes.

#45 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah. Parks & Rec got a full 22-episode season, and 30 Rock and Community each got 13 episode pickups.

#46 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

What are some decent sites and/or YouTube videos for building a PC? As its pretty clear that my jackass best friend isn't going to be helping anytime soon

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#47 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

This upcoming season is the last for 30 Rock. It and Community are only having 13 episode seasons. Community could get a full order depending on whether the new NBC shows suck. Parks got an order of 22 episodes.

The missus will be pleased, she's been digging Community lately and flew through the first few seasons.

#48 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Community is one of the best things on tv.
Posted Image

#49 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Fuck its hot. Took a shower 20 min ago and I'm just now starting to sweat again

#50 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

Last night's season finale of The Office felt like a mercy kill for the whole season.

Glad to see P&R get renewed. Hopefully Community gets the full season treatment.

#51 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

Does anyone know about updating navigation systems, especially Hondas and 8-)? My wife just got a 2004 Pilot and it's on version 2.11. Apparently 2.9 is out.

#52 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

I really love watching Ancient Aliens. I wish I could find a .gif of their latest commercial in which they suggest that aliens killed off the dinosaurs. Pew pew pew.
Posted Image

#53 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

It seems my TomTom of 5 years is on it's last legs. (screen issues, charging issues).
Any GPS recomendations or bargains you know of?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#54 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Also..... Calling all Phone Nerds....
Wife wants an I Phone instead of the wonky Lg Optimus she has. Who has the best "data only" plan? (The phone will be 90% used for data 10% for talking/texting)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#55 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

I really love watching Ancient Aliens. I wish I could find a .gif of their latest commercial in which they suggest that aliens killed off the dinosaurs. Pew pew pew.

I liked them at first. My conspiracy theory buddy loves to talk about 'em. Even if I saw it and know exactly what he's talking about. So I just let him tell me intead of watching.

#56 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

I know The Office has jumped the shark and is close to ending since everyone is moving on to spin offs and new shows, but still I think the past few episodes have been the funniest they've ever had. The Gabe character is hitting its stride, Robert California getting more deviant is funny, Dwight is so funny that he's making the Jim character good again, etc etc

It drives me crazy when I hear that guy say "the Mayans created a calendar that was as accurate as an atomic clock". What the Fuck is that supposed to mean?!

Posted Image

#57 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

THEN WHY DIDN'T THEY CREATE THE ATOMIC CLOCK? mayanz be stoopid.

#58 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Woke up today to the power being off at my apt complex. Our energy company will be out between the hours of 10:30am and 1:30pm. Thats some speedy service right there.

Good thing I have to work all day.....

Finally got around to buying Uncharted 3, looking forward to finishing that story. I bought Rayman origins for my wife and I to play although I have never played a Rayman game..hopefully she likes it.

#60 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Rayman is one of those games that's hard to not like.