59 replies to this topic

#31 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thx OP,just ordered one of each tri-pack for me and my 4yr old

Great! Glad I could help!

I honestly can't believe I have already spent so much money on this game, seeing how my first purchase was yesterday, lol...

#32 Retro Legends

Retro Legends

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just ordered mine, ETA is May 21-25. Better than spending $50+.

#33 jonathansmith369

jonathansmith369

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Great! Glad I could help!

I honestly can't believe I have already spent so much money on this game, seeing how my first purchase was yesterday, lol...

I know what you mean, I picked up my Mega Pack for $49.99 at Best Buy last Tuesday and went home and played it that night. Once I found out they show you previews of the other characters that look pretty cool, I knew I had to try them all. That very next day I blew $80 at Target on 2 Adventure Packs (Dark Crypt & Dragon's Peak) and 2 Triple Packs in addition to the $20 I spent on a Triple Pack at Walmart. A few days later I got more another pair of triple packs - 1 at Best Buy for $20 and 1 at GameStop for $20. Just last night I got my last Adventure Pack (Empire of Ice) at Walmart for $20 and also landed Wham Shell single pack for $9 too. I ordered my last 2 triple packs from Amazon for $40 just now with a free Prime trial so I should get them by Tuesday 5/15. So within 2 weeks I went from getting a great deal on a $50 starter set to having a complete set of all the standard figures for $259. Not a very good CAG move on my part. I also bought a second Mega Pack bundle so I could have a second portal to use on my other PS3 system, but I should be able to recoup all $50 by selling the two packs it came with and the Wii game disc on ebay. I really just need to hurry up and completely play through the game with my wife so I can resell this whole set while it still has some value.

In summary Skylanders stuff has no place here on CAG. I have spent more than 5X as much on this one game as I have for any other game in the last 5 years including many Limited Edition sets.

#34 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

^ At least you didn't pull the trigger on picking up the legendary skylanders from toys r us.

It's so hard not to be compulsive and collecting...EVERYTHING.

#35 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

^ At least you didn't pull the trigger on picking up the legendary skylanders from toys r us.

It's so hard not to be compulsive and collecting...EVERYTHING.

You have no idea how hard I am trying to fight the urge right now.... I don't even know if I will like this game, but for some reason I am compelled to get my hands on them all! Oh man, I am just another sucker that bought into Activisions marketing strategy... Damn you Best Buy for giving us the mega pack for $49.99!!!

#36 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Best Buy got to you too?

I just want to collect everything but everything will probably ring me about $300 give or take.
I'm just waiting till I stumble onto those three character packs at gamestop so I can burn my credit there instead.

#37 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yes they most certainly did. But I think I will chill now with the buying until the prices hopefully drop a bit more, haha...

#38 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Unless you get sucked up with the Skylander's Giants spiel.

-knocks on wood-

#39 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Thanks op

#40 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

I got one last night. Thx OP

#41 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

got one just now. Awesome. Already have ignitor but I'll gift it to my bud who started playing with me.

TheFurryPanda.png

#42 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hurry, There's only like 95 left with the Ignitor set.

#43 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm surprised to see it is still in stock. Yet mine still has not shipped.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#44 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

FYI,

Just got back from Walmart in Glen Burnie, MD. They had about 6 Ignitors, 7-8 Dragons Peaks, 4-5 Ignitor 3 packs, and in general a pretty decent selection. No Wham-Shell though :-( I even had them break open a box to lemme see.

#45 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Best Buy got to you too?

I just want to collect everything but everything will probably ring me about $300 give or take.
I'm just waiting till I stumble onto those three character packs at gamestop so I can burn my credit there instead.

Count me in as another sucker who gave in to the BB mega pack deal. At first, I thought I might just try it out with the mega pack and buy just enough additional characters to cover all the elements. NOT! I can't resist the collector in me. It also didn't help that one of the BB employees in the gaming section just gave me the last tshirt and volcanic vault after I asked about the shirt. That was like a sign for me that I was "chosen." LOL! Anyways, I picked up the two 3-packs being sold by Amazon for $19.99 each that are not included in the mega pack. I used credit to buy both of them. Then I'll be heading out to Sam's Club tonight to pick up three more 3-packs because they just got a new shipment in. SC is selling each 3-pack for $17.98. So after tax for me, it's still below MSRP. :bouncy: Last but not least, I just bought a Stanley Sortmaster to start organizing my latest addiction. ;) One thing I do have control over is that I will not pay the inflated prices of the resellers on Amazon! I don't mind the wait because part of the hunt is to find these for MSRP or less!

#46 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

The page now says in stock on May 13 instead of 15 now

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#47 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

My order status says shipping soon with an estimated delivery of May 15th (I have prime).

#48 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

been 30+ in stock for a while now. Guess everyone who wants one got one.

where is wham-shell dammit!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#49 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

All Skylander figurines are cross-platform, right?

I noticed that most of the packages at WalMart are labelled as "(Wii)" and not "(Universal)".

I am definitely thinking of jumping on the 7 figurines pack for $38.96, as it comes with a a couple of figures and two adventure packs.

#50 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yea. Figures are cross platform. There is a different method of saving to the characters between the 3DS and the other version (since the 3DS essentially "scans" 2 of them and puts them in "memory")

#51 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

the levels you achieve in the 3ds game carry over but doesn't do anything really.

(I tried ;) )

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#52 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Thanks OP for the heads up. I was able to grab the Ignitor/Warnado/Camo triple pack last night. I just recently got the mega pack from the BB deal and really enjoyed playing the game with my son (even if he's only 20 months old, he gets a kick out of seeing the characters come to life on the screen). So my search to try to complete the collection began. I actually got lucky when I went to my local Sam's Club yesterday. I saw three different triple packs on display. Then I noticed an opened box behind them that with a Skylanders label. Expecting that the triple packs would be the same as the ones on display, it came as a surprise to me that the box contained a different set of three triple packs! It seemed as if a new shipment just came in recently and they assumed that the box contained the same packs. Anyways, I couldn't resist since each pack was $17.98 and in pristine condition. So my haul from Sam's Club was:

*Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook
Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash
*Prism Break/Boomer/Voodood
*Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang
Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom
Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant

So for any So Cal Inland Empire CAGs, this was at the Sam's Club in Chino.
When I left yesterday, they still had one each of the triple packs listed above. The ones with an asterisk I left in the box behind the ones being displayed.

#53 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

I was able to get Ignitor, Camo, and Warnado and picked up Cynder, Lightning rod, and Zook so I can get free shipping.

Then I went to Gamestop and picked up Sonic Boom, Stealth Elf, and Wrecking Ball
Drobot, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash
Whirlwind, Double Trouble, and Drill Sergeant

I think I spent like $160 for everything so far with the mega bundle...but it was all in credit though so that's even better.

#54 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

Mine shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Sweet.

#55 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

Mine shipped today and I ordered when this thread first started.

#56 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

Mine arrived yesterday (shipped USPS), thanks again OP.

Only Whamshell left now.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#57 Rylin210

Rylin210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

BACK IN STOCK!!!!

ONLY 8 LEFT!

#58 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Is it just me or is it priced at 49.99 though?

#59 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Amazon doesn't price gouge. that's a 3rd party seller.

Ees7Y.jpg

#60 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Will be back in stock @ Amazon on May 20th for $19.99