The iTunes Feed is Unruly

iowaholdem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
When looking to download the CAGcast off of the iTunes app on the various iDevices, I think it's worth noting that the process is brutally slow. Since all 282 (and counting) episodes are still available to download from the show feed, it seriously bogs down the app and takes 2-3 minutes to load and become responsive.

I fully believe this is a feed specific issue since I experience the same slow down on the iPod touch 2G, iPhone 4s and new iPad when loading up the CAGcast episodes but not when loading any other Podcast feed.

The solution would be to archive the oldest episodes for download on CAG (who's really looking for these?) and keep maybe the latest 10, 20 even 30 episodes on the iTunes feed.

I was just about to ask about this on the latest show thread, but thought to look it up first. Crap happens to me too. About a month ago an episode wouldn't download, but I couldn't delete it either, took a whole system restore of my 3rd Gen iPod Touch to get rid of it.

I also had problems downloading this week's episode directly from iTunes to my iPhone and iPad. Everytime i went to the list of episodes the download button never became active and the app froze. I ended up having to stream it from the CAG website.

I couldn't get this week's show through my iPod either, had to boot up the laptop just to get it off of iTunes proper.

[quote name='Anaris82']I couldn't get this week's show through my iPod either, had to boot up the laptop just to get it off of iTunes proper.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree it can be a painful process just to get it downloaded.

Curious to know if anyone who was having problems also have iTunes Match. I had same problems as above but when I turned off Match, downloads went back to normal. Cheapy then cut the feed and I turned Match back on. Went to the feed this morning, with Match on, and it bogged down again like before. Turned it off again and the feed loaded right up. Hmm.

Also would like to have access to the old episodes as I am listening through them again. Currently on 98. However, I understand if they need to stay cut.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, I've limited it to only the last 50 episodes or so. Should be much better now. Sorry![/QUOTE]

Yeah much better. Just pulled up the feed on an iPhone 4s, it loaded 41 episodes with a link at the bottom to see "More from this provider" and was functioning in about 15 seconds, down from about 2 minutes previously. Thanks!

When the Ram Jam episode went up , it was still showing blank spots where it went up to Ep 100 something. NOW, I just checked and it's showing the 41 and has the link to more Eps. I test downloaded the episode before Ram Jam Ep, and it works fine now. Thanks for fixing it Cheapy.

bread's done
Back