Free GameStop Exclusive Kid Icarus AR card (5/12/12, 1pm-4pm)

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know there was a lot of surprise over the last time GameStop held such an event. Even if you don't own the game, I imagine it'll be a good place for StreetPasses.

Join us May 12, 2012 at select GameStop locations between 1pm and 4pm, to try out Kid Icarus, and receive a GameStop Exclusive Kid Icarus AR card (while supplies last).

Store Locator

Same store only 4 miles away is having this one (They didnt have the last one though, but they did have the first one).

Wonder if its new cards though. I really hope its actually booster packs instead of just the 5 pre-determined cards

I was told last month when I picked up the Eggplant Wizard pack, that the free cards in May would be the same pack. I'm not sure if that applies to all stores.

My store had no booster packs or Nintendo reps at the April event, just employees handing out promo packs for those that played a demo of Kid Icarus.

I went to one of these in IN a few weeks ago with a friend, only one other person showed up over the course of the first two hours and they didnt even bring their 3ds(at which point I left). Luckily the Nintendo Rep was my old one from college when I worked at TRU, so we played catchup since no one was there.

Word to the wise, if you are looking for people to Streetpass with, go to Pokemom TCG tournaments.

[quote name='Snowball21']Word to the wise, if you are looking for people to Streetpass with, go to Pokemom TCG tournaments.[/QUOTE]

Or anime conventions.

[quote name='Thongsy']Lame. None of the stores in Anchorage are doing this, but the tiny town 30 miles out will be doing this promo.[/QUOTE]

Oh man I bet it can be rough getting stuff up there eh?

I'll be stopping by the 14th street store to check on the AR cards after I see The Avengers at 11am. If you guys stop at this location can you report back if they have a lot of card packs? I don't want to waste a trip down there. Thanks

If anyone wants to be a buddy and pick up an extra card for me, I'd greatly appreciate it - I'll hit you back for your time and shipping.

[quote name='apterous']Or anime conventions.[/QUOTE]

Difference there is that there are Pokemon Tournament almost every weekend and are almost always closer.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']If anyone wants to be a buddy and pick up an extra card for me, I'd greatly appreciate it - I'll hit you back for your time and shipping.[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can grab an extra. Knowing gamestop, they'll be ridiculous and limit one per walkin though.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I'll see if I can grab an extra. Knowing gamestop, they'll be ridiculous and limit one per walkin though.[/QUOTE]

Cool, just let me know. Thanks!

If someone could do me a favor and grab me one as well, I'd greatly appreciate it! The closest GameStop to me that's running the promotion is 40 miles away.

I'll never understand why Annapolis gets pissed on during these events. We're the state capitol, have 4 gamestops within a 2 mile radius and they NEVER do these things. Oh well, I got a mess of cards from PAX-East so I guess I don't need it.

Good luck to those getting it, let us know which card it is.

Damn, the same exact stores in my area are hosting it and I still can't head out to them.

I really hope they pop these on Club Nintendo like they have for EU. I'd be happy to burn away my coins on'em.

I can't speak for other areas (but it should be the same for stores where a rep will be present),..but I am the Nintendo Rep for Orange County, CA stores, and I will be handing out the Eggplant Wizard cards and Series 1 Booster Packs as well to anyone who has the game :) For those local, I will be at the store in Anaheim on State College & Lincoln. This site will list the stores where a Nintendo Rep will be,...http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/events/ . I will also have Mario Tennis Open on hand to preview :D

Argh, none of my nearby stores are doing it.

It looks like the store by my Dad/Step-Mom's house is doing it though, and since I'm heading over there tomorrow for Mother's Day I guess I can pop in on the way and see if they have any cards left.

Stopped at the 14th street store. What a train wreck! People were standing around, flipping cards and trading, some playing. Nobody was really organizing anything. No cards were visible so I just walked out. I felt weird walking in, asking for cards and leaving. Oh well.

I got a pack with Eggplant Wizard (visible card), Fiend's Cauldron, Skyscraper Club, Fireworks Cannon and Minos. Store I went to (Ellicott City, MD) wasn't busy, guy had to dig the bag out from under the counter to get me a pack. Only got 1 Streetpass tag.

Well Boston was a bust; no demos or streetpass setups. The guys working the register knew nothing about an event today, but still gave me a bunch of the eggplant wizard promo packs. I've got 4 packs to give away to the 1st four people who PM me with their info. I'll send them in the mail asap.

[quote name='stavros45']Well Boston was a bust; no demos or streetpass setups. The guys working the register knew nothing about an event today, but still gave me a bunch of the eggplant wizard promo packs. I've got 4 packs to give away to the 1st four people who PM me with their info. I'll send them in the mail asap.[/QUOTE]
just sent you a pm, couldn't make it to the gamestop event

Our rep didn't even show up while I was at GS. Thankfully, the promo cards were already there. I would have liked to have gotten a series 1 booster pack though like the CA rep mentioned earlier in the thread. Oh well.

[quote name='stavros45']Well Boston was a bust; no demos or streetpass setups. The guys working the register knew nothing about an event today, but still gave me a bunch of the eggplant wizard promo packs. I've got 4 packs to give away to the 1st four people who PM me with their info. I'll send them in the mail asap.[/QUOTE]

pm'd thanks

All 4 packs gone, everyone who pm'ed got a response one way or another.

My apologies for this being late, but this may be worthwhile anyway. The Philadelphia store I go to has tons of them, because they have a stockpile from the last event (which the guy there said hardly any were given away). They may still give you one regardless of date and time, if you can make it to the store and ask nice enough.

Great Ne Plaza
2201 Cottman Ave
Ste 245
Philadelphia, PA 19149
(215) 745-7477

No stores around here doing it, I would have to drive an hour to get the card, not worth it unless I was planning on being in the area anyways.

Judging by the replies, the event seemed a bit all-over-place in terms of organization. The store I went to had a representative who gave out the Eggplant Wizard pack to all who asked for it, and Series 1 booster packs to people who got first place in local matches (limit of three). I was surprised how some people at the store had a poker deck's worth of Kid Icarus cards. So, the event was okay. I got a decent number of street passes out of it.

[quote name='apathylad']Judging by the replies, the event seemed a bit all-over-place in terms of organization. The store I went to had a representative who gave out the Eggplant Wizard pack to all who asked for it, and Series 1 booster packs to people who got first place in local matches (limit of three). I was surprised how some people at the store had a poker deck's worth of Kid Icarus cards. So, the event was okay. I got a decent number of street passes out of it.[/QUOTE]

Do you live in NYC?

Good god yes, some dudes at my gamestop had huge decks. I don't get it. What's the point, its just an AR cars for visual pleasure, correct?

The store I went to was listed and the manager I finally talked to said no rep showed up and they had no cards. This was after I talked to three employees and they all had no idea that there store was part of the event. Waste of time overall.

bread's done
Back