Free IE9 Avatar Tablet Prop

stuart2773

CAGiversary!
On the German Dashboard theres an AD for Internet Explorer 9
at the end of the presentation you can get a free IE9 Avatar Tablet prop

thumblg.png

http://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/P...9-Tablet/00001000-7162-c2c3-c1f0-7fe0585709f6

it seems like its region locked to the german dash only !!!

[quote name='BlazeP']Is there a code, or does it just add it to your avatar?[/QUOTE]

It just adds, but once you download it your console, assuming its the first console with that account you downloaded it too, all avatars should have access to it on that console.

[quote name='MrPiggles']It just adds, but once you download it your console, assuming its the first console with that account you downloaded it too, all avatars should have access to it on that console.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not, it's only unlocked for the downloaded profile.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Unfortunately not, it's only unlocked for the downloaded profile.[/QUOTE]

Its most likely region locked to German accounts only.

If it were not, you could download it like the free games (Gostbusters, Swarm, D&D Daggerdale, etc) and use it with any account on the 1st xbox it was downloaded on.

Since you clearly cannot do this, it must therefore be region locked to German accounts only.

[Since there is no code to redeem and associate the download with your profile, the item is obviously free to use for all profiles that are marked with the German region (kind of like free gamer pics - how you can just copy and use some of them with any profile). You can probably just copy the avatar item file to a thumb stick and put it on any German profile you have...sort of like how the "Yaris" game worked - how you could just copy it and it will work for ANY profile - but region locked to Germany.]

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Unfortunately not, it's only unlocked for the downloaded profile.[/QUOTE]

Oh, then this must be kinda pointless then, unless your main account is German

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Its most likely region locked to German accounts only.

If it were not, you could download it like the free games (Gostbusters, Swarm, D&D Daggerdale, etc) and use it with any account on the 1st xbox it was downloaded on.

Since you clearly cannot do this, it must therefore be region locked to German accounts only.

[Since there is no code to redeem and associate the download with your profile, the item is obviously free to use for all profiles that are marked with the German region. You can probably just copy the avatar item file to a thumb stick and put it on any German profile you have...sort of like how the "Yaris" game worked - how you could just copy it and it will work for ANY profile - but region locked to Germany.][/QUOTE]

That's what I meant without going into so much detail, but thank you for clearing it up.

Either way, I don't know of any avatar items that work on more than the profile that bought it. All the crap I have only works for the profile that downloaded it.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Oh, then this must be kinda pointless then, unless your main account is German[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Although I still downloaded it just to have it, that and the Pepsi shirt from the UK dashboard.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']That's what I meant without going into so much detail, but thank you for clearing it up.

Either way, I don't know of any avatar items that work on more than the profile that bought it. All the crap I have only works for the profile that downloaded it.

Pretty much. Although I still downloaded it just to have it, that and the Pepsi shirt from the UK dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Its because you "bought" it with your profile by being logged in with that profile when purchasing, and by paying MSP or redeeming a pre-paid code. Therefore the download is associated with your profile server side (on MS' servers)...and will only work for that profile you downloaded it under (or if it was the first xbox you downloaded the item on, it will work for all other profiles on that box as well).

In this instance, you have not "bought" anything. The file was simply downloaded to your console. Therefore that means it is not locked to a profile as a true purchased prop would be...however it IS locked to German accounts.

It *should* be able to be freely copied and used on any German account without the need to go through the dashboard presentation.

Hopefully that is more clear. :)

EDIT:

I read what you posted too quickly and didnt properly understand all of what you said... If all the stuff you downloaded only works with the profile you downloaded it with, but not any of the other profiles on your xbox (and it is the first xbox you are downloading the content to), then you need to do a license/content transfer to the current console you are using... I had this issue as well. It is because your profile is not associated with that console's serial number server side, therefore all licenses you purchased (you purchase a license to use a game, not the game its self) are associated with your profile, but not your current console. Since you cant recover a gamer tag to your console anymore with the new update (you can only download and use the profile on your box which does NOT associate it server side on MS' servers with your console) you have to go through this process for the new dash...

To fix that, do the following:

You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

Go to the Settings, and then select Account.

Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.

Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses***.

***After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.

Its kind of confusing to explain but makes sense if you take the time to understand things correctly...

If that does not work then I would call XBL support if it bothers you enough, as that is not normal. Stuff you "purchase" on your console should always work with all profiles on that console.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Its kind of confusing to explain but makes sense if you take the time to understand things correctly...

If that does not work then I would call XBL support if it bothers you enough, as that is not normal. Stuff you "purchase" on your console should always work with all profiles on that console.[/QUOTE]

With a great understanding of content licenses, I can tell you that while most XLBA, XBLI, and DLC items can be shared between accounts, Avatar Items are the exception. The aforementioned items can be used by anyone on the original Xbox to download it, and anywhere by the original account, but unfortunately Avatar Items are account locked and gender locked.

In short, a liscenes tranfser is only necessary if other downloaded items are not working properly. =)

That's what I figured, it's all good. I only use my main profile, obviously, but I have some items that would go well with other gamertags I have. No big deal. Thanks for all the info though.

bread's done
Back