goHastings 30% off Used/PV DVDs/Blu-rays

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up four more Miike dvds (I'm now up to 27 of his films I own) and Whatever Works blu-ray (Woody Allen) for $22 shipped.

Great, AND the movie I've been trying to get that's conveniently been OOS every time a sale has gone on is finally in stock.

[quote name='catabarez']Does this work with 3D Blu rays?[/QUOTE]

Just got Darkest Hour 3D for $10. So I guess it works. Thanks op.

M

Thanks OP. I was going to wait for a free shipping code but I checked a couple of CDs I had on my wishlist and they are out of stock now so I went ahead and bought the albums I had there.

[quote name='Squarehard']Code: WEBSTER[/QUOTE]

Hah, they used the code of an orphaned mini-child for a Mother's Day sale.

MV5BMTM3MDcwMjM2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg1NjYxNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Star Wars Blu Ray collection for ~$50? How could I say no that? That is like $8 per movie, and loads of extra features. Great deal. Hopefully it ships and comes in excellent condition.

[quote name='junglalien']back with code MASH[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I don't need the extras on the complete saga edition, so I ended up getting the two separate Star Wars bluray sets, for 18 and 19 after the coupon code.

[quote name='lvjordan238']My Star Wars Complete Saga just got cancelled one hour after placing my order. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Night Raid 1931 cancelled here. Either there's a problem with their website, a problem with their inventory system vs. what their website says, or someone there is a huge asshole.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Night Raid 1931 cancelled here. Either there's a problem with their website, a problem with their inventory system vs. what their website says, or someone there is a huge asshole.[/QUOTE]

There is no problem with their website. The stock is taken from the retail stores. If someone buys it after you place your order and before they pull it then you will get cancelled. This is pretty common knowledge with gohastings at this point for most.

[quote name='dmdragon']There is no problem with their website. The stock is taken from the retail stores. If someone buys it after you place your order and before they pull it then you will get cancelled. This is pretty common knowledge with gohastings at this point for most.[/QUOTE]

QFT

I thought it was odd the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was still in stock this morning when I ordered...got the cancellation notice less than an hour later. Meh, I'll get it next time.

When you order from gohastings just assume it is going to be cancelled and then rejoice when it ships. That is the best you can do, otherwise you are just going to stress yourself into an early grave.

Well, this I had no idea about. Been trying to get Night Raid for about a week now, and no luck (for less than $40 for the DVDs). Looks like it's Amazon after all.

I guess I've been pretty lucky with my past orders. I've only had a couple of movies out of dozens I've ordered on sale get cancelled. I ordered Time Bandits and Red Tails yesterday, hopefully they will go through.

[quote name='dmdragon']When you order from gohastings just assume it is going to be cancelled and then rejoice when it ships. That is the best you can do, otherwise you are just going to stress yourself into an early grave.[/QUOTE]

This can be true and false.
If you are ordering a heavily popular title, OR a box set that rarely goes on sale, Or items that rarely show up in their stock, then you may get a cancellation.

But if you're just ordering movies that have been out for quite a while, just put them in your cart, and wait a day before you order. After a day, go back into your cart. anything that Still shows up in stock, you'll likely get. But those that show up in red as out of stock, most likely would have gotten cancelled regardless.

Thanks bought a bunch of cheap blus/a game for just under $45 total

Got:
Left 4 Dead 2
Quarantine
Eagle Eye
Meet The Spartans
City Island
Stan Helsing
Constantine
Please Give

[quote name='sunnysky']This can be true and false.
If you are ordering a heavily popular title, OR a box set that rarely goes on sale, Or items that rarely show up in their stock, then you may get a cancellation.

But if you're just ordering movies that have been out for quite a while, just put them in your cart, and wait a day before you order. After a day, go back into your cart. anything that Still shows up in stock, you'll likely get. But those that show up in red as out of stock, most likely would have gotten cancelled regardless.[/QUOTE]

That's an awful lot of work and a good way to lose your spot if they do happen to have a few that will ship. Just order and take the chance. Don't miss out because you want to make sure you'll get it, that's just ludicrous.

I ordered:
Steamboy(DVD)
The Sky Crawlers(Blu)
Evangelion 1.11(Blu)
Eden of the East Complete Series(Blu)
The Girl Who Lept Through Time(Blu)

I believe they all went out of stock after I ordered but, I got shipping notices for all of them today.

I noticed that the movies I ordered as part of the sale showed up as Out of Stock on the order detail page, but if I looked at the item description page for the movies, they still showed up as in stock. Both of the ones I ordered shipped.

I try to keep a watch on Hastings for used movies that have been expensive or hard to find. My best find was when the US release of Zodiac briefly came in stock several months ago, and I got it for less than $20 shipped, complete and in perfect condition.

Now that shipping per movie has dropped from $2.28 to 96 cents, it's much easier to pull the trigger on larger buys of multiple movies.

Damn... I got a lot of good stuff from goHastings last year on the cheap. Shame I somehow missed out on this. Last year I got the second season of the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime (the one with the art books) for only $20 and it came in like new condition. I also remember getting the OVA for $3 used and they shipped me a new one instead... it was very nice. =P

However, the Anime Legends copy of Lucky Star I got for a friend of my claimed some of the DVDs weren't reading correctly (I checked them and they seemed perfect to me), but it seems after they tried a DVD player that wasn't on a stupid Macbook, it seemed to work fine. Go figure. ;)

bread's done
Back