Photo
- - - - -

Brink (PC) $1.99 + shipping at goHastings (Steamworks)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

Brink (PC Version) is being sold for $1.99 plus shipping at goHastings for a retail PC copy. It's Steamworks so it requires Steam to install and play.

Probably the cheapest I seen the game, and well I think it wont get much cheaper anytime soon.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

Is it worth it though?
Posted Image

#3 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

Is it worth it though?

If you have to stop and think about it at a price that low, then no it is not.

#4 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

If you have to stop and think about it at a price that low, then no it is not.

I believe that is where the sarcasm came in

#5 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

It's been $5 on Steam before -- not sure what the shipping charges would be. In terms of 'is it worth it' just know that it is a pure multi-player game whose community is 90% dead (and never really got off the ground). You can technically play single player but it's just with and against bots like L4D.

#6 Icehearted

Icehearted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

Is it worth it though?

I paid $5 for it, played it as much as I could, gave it every chance to at least be okay. I could insert a lot of hyperbolic quips about what I could have done with that money instead; sandpaper wet naps, pay a homeless guy to punch my berries, $5 on laxatives and a phone book to pass the time, etc. All of them would have been better.

This game is garbage. It's so awful it doesn't even deserve to collect your dust, even if only electronically. Treat yourself to a Krispy Kreme or something instead.
Posted Image

#7 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

For $5 you can get a dozen Krispy Kremes!

#8 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Seriously, take whatever money this would cost and go get a burger or something. Such a let down. The gameplay is some of the worst I've seen in a recent FPS. Also, back when it came out there was hardly anyone ever playing, I doubt you'd be able to find anyone now, so you'd be relegated to playing with the horrendous bots.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#9 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

You should probably put the $ amount of shipping in the title

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#10 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

For $5 you can get a dozen Krispy Kremes!

For $5 you can get anything that costs $5! Hell, you could get $5!

#11 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

I paid 49.99 for brink and all i got was a hat....

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#12 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

You're better off giving to charity.

#13 burz88

burz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

I may be in the minority but I enjoyed this game. Unfortunately without a community this game is worthless as it is 100% multiplayer. For a few bucks you could do worse, though.

#14 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

I tried this game during one of the free Steam weekends and it was absolutely terrible. I'll try in with everyone else saying not to get it.

#15 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

I bought it at launch, played through the crappy campaign and sold it the next day for a $5 loss.

#16 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

I tried it back when Steam had the free weekend. I found it to be decent, but after playing through the campaign with a friend (probably took less than 8 hours), I couldn't really see myself replaying anything.

If you're looking for an objective oriented shooter, I'd recommend something like Payday instead.

#17 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Still pissed I pre-ordered this. Only worth it if it's free.

Edited by Doomtime, 13 May 2012 - 03:57 PM.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#18 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I almost got for 1 cent at Gamestop, but they already threw out the disc lol. Also agree with it being a horrible game, my friend bought it and said no plays plus he had to do tweaks to even play the game.

#19 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I (regrettably) bought this as release. I was fooled by these(part1) walkthrough(part2) videos(part3). In the videos, it looked and sounded WAY better than the final product. Like they at least gave a damn about the SP campaign.

Thankfully I didn't spend more than $20 on it, but I used up all my Amazon trade-in credit just to bring it down to that price.

#20 Duetschbag

Duetschbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

I am also part of the minority that enjoyed this game (on PS3). Although most of the time it felt like I was shooting at 5 year olds making the game very easy.

If I could order more than 2, I would purchase some for the LAN parties I hold every couple of months. Good thing we have plenty of other games we can be playing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 sir-fly

sir-fly

watch me like tv

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Is it worth it though?

wow i thought i was cheap lol
and yea it is worth 1.99 so go ahead and snag you a copy because the coop is pretty sweet
1 free month of gamefly http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/3BD7

#22 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:57 AM

pc = ...
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#23 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

It was $4 on Gamefly a while ago, and that's where I got my 360 version from. The mechanics were supposed to let you shoot at all times of the game, but it didn't feel quite right. :( I was a little disappointed with it as well.

#24 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

I got the game for free on PC through Bethesda's Insider program for retail employees. Back when it came out and had people actually playing it, I had good times with it. However, it was far from perfect and the community just wasn't there to take it seriously enough. I gave up on it pretty fast, but I remember really liking certain aspects of it.

Honestly, save your $2. I highly doubt anybody plays this anymore.

#25 BlockheadBrown

BlockheadBrown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Through Amazon, shipping is $3.99 (states via GoHastings), bringing the total to $5.98. Also, Hunted: The Demon's Forge is selling for $1.99 as well.