Photo
- - - - -

Once Upon A Time S1 BR / DVD - $15 / $10 pre-order coupon ($30 AC)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

I started watching around the 3rd episode and was a little bit confused. $30 sounds like a Cyber Monday price though. Pretty tempted.

#32 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Bump just in case there was anyone who pre-ordered this and was on the fence about keeping it. Not sure about Amazon's track record on PMing blu-rays or dvds the week prior to release.

Best Buy

Free Best Buy gift card offer
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.

Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season:
DVD - $29.99 ($19.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season DVD coupon)
Blu-ray - $39.99 ($29.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season Blu-ray coupon)

Target

Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season:
DVD - $34.99 ($24.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season DVD coupon) *Target exclusive includes cast Q&A*
Blu-ray - $44.99 ($34.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season Blu-ray coupon) *Target exclusive includes cast Q&A*

I think it's still a great value for a new BR set but I haven't been able to find a reason to keep my pre-order. Just not my type of show.

#33 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

I think I'm going to cancel my order as well.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Keeping my pre-order without hesitation. With the slew of terrible new shows and old shows that have gotten stale, I found myself looking forward to Once Upon a Time every week. Can't wait for the new season! :)

#35 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Amazon just PM'd the BB price of $39.99 (BR) and $29.99 (DVD). So it'll be $24.99 (BR) and $19.99 (DVD) for those who kept their orders.

#36 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Bump just in case there was anyone who pre-ordered this and was on the fence about keeping it. Not sure about Amazon's track record on PMing blu-rays or dvds the week prior to release.

Best Buy

Target

I think it's still a great value for a new BR set but I haven't been able to find a reason to keep my pre-order. Just not my type of show.

$20 for the season on DVD? I'm in! Great show and will make an awesome Xmas present to my mom (also a fan of the series)

#37 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Damn...Amazon is rocking my world with these pre-order blu-rays lately. Just got Once Upon A Time in the mail today! $25 price makes it even sweeter! :)

#38 Stinker101

Stinker101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

http://abctvondvdcoupon.com/

$10 off coupon on DVD and $15 off coupon for Blu ray. I'll be going to Best Buy to pick the blu ray for 24.99 + tax.

#39 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

http://abctvondvdcoupon.com/

$10 off coupon on DVD and $15 off coupon for Blu ray. I'll be going to Best Buy to pick the blu ray for 24.99 + tax.

Purchase a few other tv titles on dvd or blu and reach either the $50 mark to get a free $10 gift card as well or reach the $100 for a $25 gift card. I'm going for the $25 gc. Makes the deal sweeter.

M

#40 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Purchase a few other tv titles on dvd or blu and reach either the $50 mark to get a free $10 gift card as well or reach the $100 for a $25 gift card. I'm going for the $25 gc. Makes the deal sweeter.

M

Is this deal confirmed to work next week? They've done it the past two; I don't know when to expect it to end.

EDIT: ACK! Nevermind. I thought it was coming out next week. :P

#41 TVsRobLowe

TVsRobLowe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Amazon just PM'd the BB price of $39.99 (BR) and $29.99 (DVD). So it'll be $24.99 (BR) and $19.99 (DVD) for those who kept their orders.

Damn, my BR shipped and ended up at $29.99.

Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray]
Sold by Amazon.com LLC (Amazon.com)
Item Subtotal:
$44.96
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Your Coupon Savings:
-$15.00
Total Before Tax:
$29.96
Shipment Total: $29.96

#42 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

Item Subtotal:
$44.96
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Your Coupon Savings:
-$15.00
Total Before Tax:
$29.96

You'll get your refund after the 28th. Usually a day or two later. Otherwise just contact Amazon and they will set you right. It's no big worry.

M

#43 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

Item Subtotal:
$44.96
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Your Coupon Savings:
-$15.00
Total Before Tax:
$29.96

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.

http://www.amazon.co...p/AWT354OR7BM1U

I've never had to rely on the Pre-Order Price Guarantee since I usually just cancel and re-order at the lower price but that wasn't possible because of the coupon. From what I've interpreted from the above statement, they'll look at the price difference on the day of release and issue your refund then. So maybe wait a day or two to see if you get the difference back automatically?

*Dammit, what Mikerocosms said.

#44 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

http://www.amazon.co...p/AWT354OR7BM1U

I've never had to rely on the Pre-Order Price Guarantee since I usually just cancel and re-order at the lower price but that wasn't possible because of the coupon. From what I've interpreted from the above statement, they'll look at the price difference on the day of release and issue your refund then. So maybe wait a day or two to see if you get the difference back automatically?

*Dammit, what Mikerocosms said.

As long as the price drops by 11:59PM on release day, you'll get the money back in 24-48 hours. If an email doesn't show up by the end of the day on Thursday, email or call them to get the difference back.

#45 TVsRobLowe

TVsRobLowe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Cool. Thanks.

I had sent off an email to customer support about it before I read the replies here. $5 difference should be headed back to me.

It's interesting that the pre-order price guarantee is in the form of a refund rather than charging the current price at shipping. Although I can see where there could be discrepancy between shipping time and release date (3 days prior difference sometimes) that they could price drop.

#46 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

So I am guessing getting it at Target doesn't qualify

#47 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

noob question, does that abc coupon work for online orders?

#48 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

noob question, does that abc coupon work for online orders?

Nope.

M