Once Upon A Time S1 BR / DVD - $15 / $10 pre-order coupon ($30 AC)

RySenkari

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Amazon has the Once Upon A Time Complete First Season DVD and Blu-Ray sets up for pre-order, set to release on August 28, 2012.

I'm not sure how long this will last, but they have a special "coupon" you can use to save $15 off the Blu-Ray version ($44.99) or $10 off the DVD version ($39.99), which essentially makes them both $29.99. It's got the pre-order price guarantee on it too, I'm not sure if either will come down before release but if it does it would be even cheaper. I'm not sure $29.99 is such a good deal for the DVD but it's pretty good for the Blu-Ray, especially since that price may come down before the release date.

Blu-Ray:
http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Tim...PLA2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1336930896&sr=8-3

DVD:
http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Tim...PL66/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336930896&sr=8-2

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this show a lot and plan to buy the DVD.

This show isn't worth it's current pricetag. Just like every other show, this will be under $30 come release day. I won't be surprised to see the Blu marked at $19.99 on release.

I would be extremely surprised to see it at $19.99 (pre-coupon) on release. ABC considers Once Upon A Time one of it's breakthrough heavy-hitters. Heck, they're giving it a Blu-Ray release on it's first season and they usually don't release any of their shows on Blu-Ray unless they're major hits for them, like Lost. Even Castle, which is a big hit going on it's fifth season, still isn't even getting a Blu-Ray release.

Thanks for the heads up, OP! This has easily been my favorite new show this year. For whatever reason, I feel like this is a show that everybody watches, but nobody talks about. I guess it could be considered a bit of a guilty pleasure show (not very "manly"), but I've always loved Grimm's Fairy Tales, and the way this show ties them all together is awesome.

And it's always great to see a show with this much effort put into it. From the writing, to the acting, to the costumes, everything is done extremely well. It was great to see it get a full 22 episodes in its first season as well. That doesn't seem to happen very much anymore with anything that's not a cop drama/hospital show. I'll be happy to own the first season on blu ray for $30.

im sorry but the thread title is porly labeled
Once Upon A Time Season 1 BR/DVD - $15/$10 coupon! (Amazon)

makes it seem its that price after coupon.

[quote name='Animal7390']im sorry but the thread title is porly labeled
Once Upon A Time Season 1 BR/DVD - $15/$10 coupon! (Amazon)

makes it seem its that price after coupon.[/QUOTE]

I understood it right off. Heck this ain't slickdeals where everyone's hand has to be held to understand a deal.

M

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, the title made it seem like it was $15 on blu or $10 on DVD..[/QUOTE]

Really?!

It's clearly separated and says coupon immediately after.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Really?!

It's clearly separated and says coupon immediately after.

M[/QUOTE]

It'd be better if it omitted the value of the coupon completely and just said "$30 after coupon!" and then put the coupon's discount in the OP.. it's silly to put the coupon discount in the title instead of the price of the item. That's like getting a Sunday sale ad and it saying "$10 off The Grey this Tuesday!" but never mentions the price.

[quote name='Scorch']It'd be better if it omitted the value of the coupon completely and just said "$30 after coupon!" and then put the coupon's discount in the OP.. it's silly to put the coupon discount in the title instead of the price of the item. That's like getting a Sunday sale ad and it saying "$10 off The Grey this Tuesday!" but never mentions the price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess. I just figured he mentioned the amount of coupon because of it's unusually large discount. Either way I got what he mentioned.

M

Also, how are we supposed to know what "AC" means? It could be Assassin's Creed, Animal Crossing, etc. Why would I want to buy a $30 Animal Crossing in a Once Upon A Time Blu Ray thread? This shit is way too confusing!

:lol:

Clicked on the links but I didn't see a $20 air conditioner, now I'm disappointed.

Thanks for the heads up OP! Placed an order last night after the season finale. I thought the original title was easy enough to understand.

[quote name='Scorch']No. Both versions are $30 AC ;)[/QUOTE]Sorry, missed that the BD version was only $5 more than the DVD version, as it's normally more of a gap between version.

It's fixed now. ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Also, how are we supposed to know what "AC" means? It could be Assassin's Creed, Animal Crossing, etc. Why would I want to buy a $30 Animal Crossing in a Once Upon A Time Blu Ray thread? This shit is way too confusing!

:lol:[/QUOTE]

:headache:

:censored:

:bomb:

:wall:

Got it covered, peanut gallery. ;)

[quote name='jetthead']I pre-ordered a copy. Can always cancel before release.[/QUOTE]

My thought process and why I bit.

Went ahead and locked in a pre-order. $30 is pretty good for a season on blu-ray, and hopefully it drops some more between now and when it releases.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry, missed that the BD version was only $5 more than the DVD version, as it's normally more of a gap between version.

It's fixed now. ;)

:headache:

:censored:

:bomb:

:wall:

Got it covered, peanut gallery. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol...I kid! I kid! But where is this peanut gallery you speak of? And do they have salted nuts?

This is most definitely worth $30. It's significantly longer than most TV shows. Hour long episodes and instead of the regular 13 episode season, they are at what? 20ish episodes? That's a good ass price/hour ratio compared to other shows.

Did I miss this one? Had a really busy week, just sat down to order this thing, and the coupon code seems to be gone. :whistle2:[

[quote name='GeekLantern']Did I miss this one? Had a really busy week, just sat down to order this thing, and the coupon code seems to be gone. :whistle2:[[/QUOTE]

Think I missed it too. Not the beat show ever, but it's the only new one the GF and I kept up with this season.

I started watching around the 3rd episode and was a little bit confused. $30 sounds like a Cyber Monday price though. Pretty tempted.

Bump just in case there was anyone who pre-ordered this and was on the fence about keeping it. Not sure about Amazon's track record on PMing blu-rays or dvds the week prior to release.

Best Buy
Free Best Buy gift card offer
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.

Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season:
DVD - $29.99 ($19.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season DVD coupon)
Blu-ray - $39.99 ($29.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season Blu-ray coupon)

Target
Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season:
DVD - $34.99 ($24.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season DVD coupon) *Target exclusive includes cast Q&A*
Blu-ray - $44.99 ($34.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season Blu-ray coupon) *Target exclusive includes cast Q&A*

I think it's still a great value for a new BR set but I haven't been able to find a reason to keep my pre-order. Just not my type of show.

Keeping my pre-order without hesitation. With the slew of terrible new shows and old shows that have gotten stale, I found myself looking forward to Once Upon a Time every week. Can't wait for the new season! :)

Amazon just PM'd the BB price of $39.99 (BR) and $29.99 (DVD). So it'll be $24.99 (BR) and $19.99 (DVD) for those who kept their orders.

[quote name='Sway']Bump just in case there was anyone who pre-ordered this and was on the fence about keeping it. Not sure about Amazon's track record on PMing blu-rays or dvds the week prior to release.

Best Buy

Target

I think it's still a great value for a new BR set but I haven't been able to find a reason to keep my pre-order. Just not my type of show.[/QUOTE]

$20 for the season on DVD? I'm in! Great show and will make an awesome Xmas present to my mom (also a fan of the series)

Damn...Amazon is rocking my world with these pre-order blu-rays lately. Just got Once Upon A Time in the mail today! $25 price makes it even sweeter! :)

[quote name='Stinker101']http://abctvondvdcoupon.com/

$10 off coupon on DVD and $15 off coupon for Blu ray. I'll be going to Best Buy to pick the blu ray for 24.99 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Purchase a few other tv titles on dvd or blu and reach either the $50 mark to get a free $10 gift card as well or reach the $100 for a $25 gift card. I'm going for the $25 gc. Makes the deal sweeter.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Purchase a few other tv titles on dvd or blu and reach either the $50 mark to get a free $10 gift card as well or reach the $100 for a $25 gift card. I'm going for the $25 gc. Makes the deal sweeter.

M[/QUOTE]

Is this deal confirmed to work next week? They've done it the past two; I don't know when to expect it to end.

EDIT: ACK! Nevermind. I thought it was coming out next week. :p

[quote name='Sway']Amazon just PM'd the BB price of $39.99 (BR) and $29.99 (DVD). So it'll be $24.99 (BR) and $19.99 (DVD) for those who kept their orders.[/QUOTE]

Damn, my BR shipped and ended up at $29.99.

Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray]
Sold by Amazon.com LLC (Amazon.com)
Item Subtotal:
$44.96
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Your Coupon Savings:
-$15.00
Total Before Tax:
$29.96
Shipment Total: $29.96

[quote name='TVsRobLowe']Damn, my BR shipped and ended up at $29.99.

Item Subtotal:
$44.96
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Your Coupon Savings:
-$15.00
Total Before Tax:
$29.96
Shipment Total: $29.96 [/QUOTE]

You'll get your refund after the 28th. Usually a day or two later. Otherwise just contact Amazon and they will set you right. It's no big worry.

M

[quote name='TVsRobLowe']Damn, my BR shipped and ended up at $29.99.

Item Subtotal:
$44.96
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Your Coupon Savings:
-$15.00
Total Before Tax:
$29.96
Shipment Total: $29.96 [/QUOTE]

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

I've never had to rely on the Pre-Order Price Guarantee since I usually just cancel and re-order at the lower price but that wasn't possible because of the coupon. From what I've interpreted from the above statement, they'll look at the price difference on the day of release and issue your refund then. So maybe wait a day or two to see if you get the difference back automatically?

*Dammit, what Mikerocosms said.

[quote name='Sway']http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

I've never had to rely on the Pre-Order Price Guarantee since I usually just cancel and re-order at the lower price but that wasn't possible because of the coupon. From what I've interpreted from the above statement, they'll look at the price difference on the day of release and issue your refund then. So maybe wait a day or two to see if you get the difference back automatically?

*Dammit, what Mikerocosms said.[/QUOTE]As long as the price drops by 11:59PM on release day, you'll get the money back in 24-48 hours. If an email doesn't show up by the end of the day on Thursday, email or call them to get the difference back.

Cool. Thanks.

I had sent off an email to customer support about it before I read the replies here. $5 difference should be headed back to me.

It's interesting that the pre-order price guarantee is in the form of a refund rather than charging the current price at shipping. Although I can see where there could be discrepancy between shipping time and release date (3 days prior difference sometimes) that they could price drop.

bread's done
Back