Is the Playstation 2 Out of Production?

b3b0p

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I noticed Amazon no longer has it for sale and I remember Gamestop clearancing them out and even Wal-Mart isn't listing them for me. Is it finally gone? I still need to pick one up since my 60 GB Playstation 3 I fear won't last much longer.

I picked a brand new one up at Best Buy with Toy Story 3 for around $50 a couple weeks ago.

Might want to check there or Wal Mart stores.

Anyone know why broken PS2 phats are selling for sometimes more than $50 on ebay? It seems like the broken ones sell for even more than the working ones.

I don't know why, but my guess has to do with being able to hook a hard drive up to them for reasons I think that are not supposed to be talked about here.

I'm wondering if someone would pick me up a PS2 or if they have not opened theirs yet, sell it...? I can't find a new one, I really want one, and if I can't play Final Fantasy X and finish Summoner soon, I'm going to go nuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only downside to the Gamestop consoles is that they tend to be dirty/gross.

I say hit eBay since they seem to be cleared out of most retailers. You might spend $100 bucks but it beats spending time/gas driving to 10 stores.

Four or five years ago I bought a sealed 50001 model for a little less than $200 bucks. It came with a memory card, network adapter and Ratchet and Clank. You just have to check eBay every day until you catch something like that.

[quote name='b3b0p']I noticed Amazon no longer has it for sale and I remember Gamestop clearancing them out and even Wal-Mart isn't listing them for me. Is it finally gone? I still need to pick one up since my 60 GB Playstation 3 I fear won't last much longer.[/QUOTE]it's crazy production can't keep pace with demand for PS2's or PSP's. You'd think they'd make more since they're the profit is so much or maybe a PS2/PSP bundle to go along since a PS3/PSvita bundle. If the demand is still there & this high they Sony should supply LOL.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316423

The PS2 is an incredible system with a great library. I would love to see the return of a PS3 with full PS2 compatibility.

The PS2 is so small why not just include the entire console within the PS3 to ensure it would run bug free? Add a nice GUI and you've got the most intimidating library in history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen a few TRU stores that still have these. Were even on clearance for 59.90 last I saw about a month ago.

Also still see them at some Sears stores but at MSRP of 99.99 still.

I was hoping to find one too. My DualShock 2 died and I've just now discovered that they're no longer stocked locally for me.

Ordered from Sony Style after seeing them on Amazon no less than $250 about a month ago. Couldn't find in store, couldn't find listed in stock anyplace. Sony Style has them $99.99. It says out of stock, but I have a tracking number for FedEx right here.

bread's done
Back