Is the Playstation 2 Out of Production?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

I noticed Amazon no longer has it for sale and I remember Gamestop clearancing them out and even Wal-Mart isn't listing them for me. Is it finally gone? I still need to pick one up since my 60 GB Playstation 3 I fear won't last much longer.

#2 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

I picked a brand new one up at Best Buy with Toy Story 3 for around $50 a couple weeks ago.

Might want to check there or Wal Mart stores.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#3 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

toysrus had a summer clearance last June I got a silver 1 for $50

#4 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Anyone know why broken PS2 phats are selling for sometimes more than $50 on ebay? It seems like the broken ones sell for even more than the working ones.

#5 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

I don't know why, but my guess has to do with being able to hook a hard drive up to them for reasons I think that are not supposed to be talked about here.

I'm wondering if someone would pick me up a PS2 or if they have not opened theirs yet, sell it...? I can't find a new one, I really want one, and if I can't play Final Fantasy X and finish Summoner soon, I'm going to go nuts!

Edited by b3b0p, 27 May 2012 - 04:58 AM.
Summoner! Not Necromancer, duh!

#6 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Target still has them online. But I think it's 45 bucks higher than MSRP. http://www.target.co...ck/-/A-11496837

I'd rather get a Gamestop refurb and get the 1 year warranty if they still offer it.

#7 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

The only downside to the Gamestop consoles is that they tend to be dirty/gross.

I say hit eBay since they seem to be cleared out of most retailers. You might spend $100 bucks but it beats spending time/gas driving to 10 stores.

Four or five years ago I bought a sealed 50001 model for a little less than $200 bucks. It came with a memory card, network adapter and Ratchet and Clank. You just have to check eBay every day until you catch something like that.

PaulManda.png

#8 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I noticed Amazon no longer has it for sale and I remember Gamestop clearancing them out and even Wal-Mart isn't listing them for me. Is it finally gone? I still need to pick one up since my 60 GB Playstation 3 I fear won't last much longer.

it's crazy production can't keep pace with demand for PS2's or PSP's. You'd think they'd make more since they're the profit is so much or maybe a PS2/PSP bundle to go along since a PS3/PSvita bundle. If the demand is still there & this high they Sony should supply LOL.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=316423

#9 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

The PS2 is an incredible system with a great library. I would love to see the return of a PS3 with full PS2 compatibility.

The PS2 is so small why not just include the entire console within the PS3 to ensure it would run bug free? Add a nice GUI and you've got the most intimidating library in history.

Edited by willardhaven, 19 June 2012 - 02:29 AM.

PaulManda.png

#10 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Seen a few TRU stores that still have these. Were even on clearance for 59.90 last I saw about a month ago.

Also still see them at some Sears stores but at MSRP of 99.99 still.
End of line.

#11 insanekoz

insanekoz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

I was hoping to find one too. My DualShock 2 died and I've just now discovered that they're no longer stocked locally for me.

#12 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

I have one I am trying to get rid of, just PM me if youre interested.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#13 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

Ordered from Sony Style after seeing them on Amazon no less than $250 about a month ago. Couldn't find in store, couldn't find listed in stock anyplace. Sony Style has them $99.99. It says out of stock, but I have a tracking number for FedEx right here.