Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/13/12 to 5/19/12)

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#31 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Question.

Skyrim (PC) will be on sale for $39.99, I have the 360 version that I can trade to BB for $38 after Trade in bonus. I see Bestbuy.com sales the Digital Download version of Skyrim, Will that be on sale also or how does that usually work?

I need the digital download version because my Alienware has no optical/cd drive.

Update: Interesting I just read no matter where you buy Skyrim (Box version or Digital Download) you have to activate it on STEAM, so you dont actually need the CD's for install correct? I can just buy the box version instore and activate it on STEAM and download from Steam?
Posted Image

#32 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Is the Gamer's Club worth it?

And does the Club's 10% trade-in bonus stack with the 50% bonus they're offering now?

Yes, the GCU 10% always stack with promotions.
Posted Image

#33 cshamilton

cshamilton

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

So can I purchase prototype 2 today and go in on Sunday and have them adjust it with the receipt?

#34 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

So can I purchase prototype 2 today and go in on Sunday and have them adjust it with the receipt?

Yes. I bought it on release day but I'll be getting a price adjustment as well.

Edited by shrike4242, 11 May 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#35 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Question.

Skyrim (PC) will be on sale for $39.99, I have the 360 version that I can trade to BB for $38 after Trade in bonus. I see Bestbuy.com sales the Digital Download version of Skyrim, Will that be on sale also or how does that usually work?

I need the digital download version because my Alienware has no optical/cd drive.

Update: Interesting I just read no matter where you buy Skyrim (Box version or Digital Download) you have to activate it on STEAM, so you dont actually need the CD's for install correct? I can just buy the box version instore and activate it on STEAM and download from Steam?

yep, just redeem the serial key in Steam and then you can download and install it

#36 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Prototype for $40? Time to Price Match =)
Thanks OP

I paid 50 bucks for it. Getting 10 bucks back works out well enough :P

He's right, you can use your preorder receipt in any Best Buy without messing up the $20 eGC.

Are you sure? I'm guessing you had experience with this during ME3 promo? Cause all I know is you need to pick up your preorder to get this promo. You can only pick up a preorder at the store you preorder it from. If you would of went to another store they would have to cancel it and put that deposit towards the purchase of the game which I think would void the promo.

Edited by shrike4242, 11 May 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#37 Kadamas

Kadamas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

What? I can B2G1 new (coupon) with Prototype 2 and Skyrim...?

Nah. The CAG in me thinks that they will be cheaper soon enough.

Nanaya89.png

#38 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

What? I can B2G1 new (coupon) with Prototype 2 and Skyrim...?

Nah. The CAG in me thinks that they will be cheaper soon enough.

I had the same idea.

#39 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

besides you guys not really thinking this is a good enough deal - will the b2f1 free coupon work on these or is it restricted?

#40 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Looks like I'll be getting $30 back total after price adjusting The Witcher 2 and Prototype 2!

(I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my plan all along)
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#41 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

May coupon of $10 off a $29.99 pre owned game. Hmmm, I wonder if the pre-owned copy of prototype 2 will be 34.99 or something. Id bite on that for 24.99. I cant even find the first prototype for that price right now

#42 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

May coupon of $10 off a $29.99 pre owned game. Hmmm, I wonder if the pre-owned copy of prototype 2 will be 34.99 or something. Id bite on that for 24.99. I cant even find the first prototype for that price right now

Could go to Wal-Mart and try to PM their Prototype 2 to BBY's $40 (theirs comes with Prototype 1)

That's what I'll be doing

#43 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Could go to Wal-Mart and try to PM their Prototype 2 to BBY's $40 (theirs comes with Prototype 1)

That's what I'll be doing

Post back and let me know if that works. That would be awesome. A bit unlikely I think though

#44 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Post back and let me know if that works. That would be awesome. A bit unlikely I think though

If you bring in BB's ad that week it should be relatively easy to do.

In my experience BB rarely readjust pre-owned games to match their sale prices on new games.

@Rock_Dash3X
I did too actually, with Fry's ad right?
I bought Prototype 2 three times at BB though so that's $30 back 8-)
Along with 2x $25 coupons I got for BB's mishap with the steelbooks.
I essentially paid like $25 buck a game, and I'm probably going to trade my copies in tomorrow for $35.
Not even including the coupons I used from the three Gamer mags I got for pre-ordering Prototype 2.

BB has been doing it right for me these past few months. :lol:

#45 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Wal-Mart is weird as Fuck with their PM policies. Btw, does BBY actually have a print ad? I've never PM'd BBY at another location so I never cared to pick up a print ad (if they have one)

How will PM work at BBY if I buy prototype 2 now and I also get a steelbook, will they still allow me to PM it down to $40 or claim that the steelbook ruins the deal? I don't know if Prototype 1 > Steelbook, so would like to know what my options are.

#46 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

only thing with pm'ing best buy is that you'd be price matching wal marts limited edition version versus best buys vanilla

#47 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

BB always has vast copies of their latests weeks ad at their entrance every week.
It's the easiest store for me to come pick up an ad.

I'd honestly go with the Prototype 1 game but I have BB credit and if possible it drops to $30 by next month I can still price match it if I buy another at $40.

As for the $40 PM/Steel Book thing...it depends on your CS. Most likely you shouldn't have trouble but some CS reps are anal about these things.

#48 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

only thing with pm'ing best buy is that you'd be price matching wal marts limited edition version versus best buys vanilla

The only difference between BB and Wal-mart is that they packages a Prototype 1 DLC code into the case and a sticker indicate so on the plastic wrap. They don't actually refer their copies as limited edition. Similar with Target, they had Assassin's Creed: Revelations with the AC1 on their disc, supposedly limited print, but I was still able to PM BB's $20 price on it with no problem.

Unless I'm mistaken in which someone who actually bought Prototype 2 from Wal-mart should correct me.

Edit: I have no idea why I didn't just edit this onto my previous post...oh wells.

#49 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

The only difference between BB and Wal-mart is that they packages a Prototype 1 DLC code into the case and a sticker indicate so on the plastic wrap. They don't actually refer their copies as limited edition. Similar with Target, they had Assassin's Creed: Revelations with the AC1 on their disc, supposedly limited print, but I was still able to PM BB's $20 price on it with no problem.

Unless I'm mistaken in which someone who actually bought Prototype 2 from Wal-mart should correct me.

Edit: I have no idea why I didn't just edit this onto my previous post...oh wells.

Well, I see what he's saying, though. This one has a sticker on it that says Wal-Mart exclusive or whatever. I guess the question is whether SKUs are different? On their website both items are listed separately: http://www.walmart.c...t=0&se=polaris

#50 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

@Rock_Dash3X
I did too actually, with Fry's ad right?
I bought Prototype 2 three times at BB though so that's $30 back 8-)
Along with 2x $25 coupons I got for BB's mishap with the steelbooks.
I essentially paid like $25 buck a game, and I'm probably going to trade my copies in tomorrow for $35.
Not even including the coupons I used from the three Gamer mags I got for pre-ordering Prototype 2.

BB has been doing it right for me these past few months. :lol:

Yup. I pricematched Frys and got it for 50. I usually ask my friends if they want to buy games before I trade them. Thinking about asking my friend for 40 bucks with the Steelbook and access to my account for the Radnet stuff. If not I'll just trade it in to BBy. I still will be making alright I feel.

#51 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

I suppose it depends on the CS?
For online they made a different listing but at the store if they are all on the shelves under the same label then it could be done but ultimately it's up to CS...which I found are usually pretty lenient in comparison to BB (usually good but occasional stickler CS) and Target (Holy shit super anal. Must have official printed Ad or no go.)

I actually looked at my copy from Target and BB and they have different SKUs.
For BB it's a sticker over the barcode. It's still over the plastic of the game case but under the plastic seal wrap (cause of the Harden Vehicle DLC?). So regardless, I hope they don't go by sku.

The whole point of PM is so you don't buy from competitors, if they make it too much of a hassle then there isn't a point to it.

#52 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

The whole point of PM is so you don't buy from competitors, if they make it too much of a hassle then there isn't a point to it.

The whole point of store-exclusive version may be to avoid price matching though. Who knows. If you have a Wal-Mart nearby it's definitely worth a shot though.

#53 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'll bite on Skyrim for PC. Thanks OP.

#54 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

The whole point of store-exclusive version may be to avoid price matching though. Who knows. If you have a Wal-Mart nearby it's definitely worth a shot though.

Well hypothetically if a Wal-mart I visited only offered store-exclusive would that mean I can't PM at all then?

I get it, but it wouldn't make sense to me business wise.
I honestly thought they started offering the previous game DLC in order to compete with Best Buy and it's incentives as well as it's price adjustment guarantee.

It had to compete with BB's Steelbooks AND Poster AND Exclusive DLC
TRU free toy figurine (which looked terrible btw)
Amazon's free comic DL (unless I'm wrong with that?) and it's tax-free status on certain states.
Target really didn't offer any free incentives unless you count a 12 pack of Mountain Dew from the 1st weeks release.
Gamestops's Exclusive DLC.

Edited by shrike4242, 11 May 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#55 PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Saw the Wal-Mart exclusive when I went over there for some other stuff. If you can get 2 Prototype games for $40, that's a hell of a deal.

#56 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

you may be older than me, but the word is celebrating its 100th birthday today, so its always been a word in my time

http://dictionary.re...se/irregardless
http://www.merriam-w...ry/irregardless

Both entries say it is "nonstandard" i.e. like ain't. Either way the word is senseless: you used it to say "regardless" but you added a negative prefix. Wtf?

#57 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Gonna probably trade in my 360 Skyrim for ~$37 and get the PC version for only a few dollars out of pocket. I got like 960/1000 or close on to that on my xbox so i'll get it on PC and enjoy the mods and all that fun stuff. Thanks OP!

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#58 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Thinking about getting Skyrim (PC) for $40. Good price?

#59 DaBoltz

DaBoltz

Casual CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thinking about getting Skyrim (PC) for $40. Good price?

Yes, it's a good price. It was $40 on Steam when the Creation Kit was released. But I didn't get it bec. my PC was crappy at that time. It may go on sale again on Steam, but it's a waiting game.

With BB, I get to use up some gc's...But I have to pay tax. Worth it, IMO.

589637.png

#60 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Not a good Diablo deal at all. I'm disappointed.

I need a new signature.