Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/13/12 to 5/19/12)

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#61 argyle

argyle

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Not a good Diablo deal at all. I'm disappointed.

I was hoping they'd do something, but I'm honestly not surprised. It's Diablo, they don't need to do anything to make it sell. That said, hopefully *someone* runs a sale on it before my pricematch time expires on it.
Posted Image

#62 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

I was hoping they'd do something, but I'm honestly not surprised. It's Diablo, they don't need to do anything to make it sell. That said, hopefully *someone* runs a sale on it before my pricematch time expires on it.

Microcenter will be selling it for $50 on release. Course, that assumes you're near a MC store.

#63 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

Your pre-order is good at any store. Just have your receipt.

To clarify, you're preorder can be used at any other store IF they have the item in stock. Only the store you preordered at would be reserving you a copy.

#64 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Microcenter will be selling it for $50 on release. Course, that assumes you're near a MC store.

$30 on release day got me to buy it.... I hate CAG (not really, I just hate saying no to CAG)

#65 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Just making sure but are they selling Skyrim for $40 NEW or USED?
Also is the game worth getting?

#66 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

It truly is. There's so many ways to play the game as well. I used to play five to seven hours daily. I would say, "I'm only going to do this one quest, and call it a day." I would always find something else to do so. I heard the new Kinect features work well, and there's new DLC coming out for it as well. You should definitely pick it up. It's new at $40.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#67 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Here is a question for ya...
so I managed to PM the target deal (buy JD3 and get BEP for free) with BB this week. BB will be selling JD3 for cheap.... can I go back and have them price match it to the new lower price or should I leave it alone considering I got double points for that weekend purchase?

#68 frogkopf

frogkopf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

Sweet!

I just got my Gamer's club intro package in the mail today. It includes a buy 2 get one free on new games (worth up to $40). I'll be able to pick up Skyrim, Prototype 2, and the Jak and Daxter HD Collection for a grand total of $80 plus tax....

#69 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

SWEET, glad I picked up the standard ed. of Prototype 2, figured it'd go on sale before my 30 days would be up for a price match!:bouncy:

#70 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

That is the New price. If you can find 2 other games you want, and you are Gamers Unlocked you can get it used when you factor in your RZ pts, 10% off and the B2G1 it works out to about $26 plus tax. If they don't have the games in the store you can order the from the warehouse online. Of course you take the chance that you could end up without the manual or artwork but in my experience at least that happens a small percentage of the time.

#71 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

hmm would be nice if they did B2G1 Free NEW games >.<
Never got myself a USED game before so I don't know if I should buy the games USED.

#72 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

If I bought the CE can I price match to deduct 20 dollars from it?

#73 argyle

argyle

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

Nope, I had never even heard of Microcenter before CAG. :-P
Posted Image

#74 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

If I bought the CE can I price match to deduct 20 dollars from it?

Probably not. They see it as a two different products. That woudl all be YMMV.

#75 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

Nice, I was planning on getting the Diablo 3 Collectors Edition there next week, so I guess I'll pick up World of Warcraft battlechest since it's so cheap. As well as the Diablo Collectors Edition guide and use my %50 off a strategy guide coupon, would be cool if it would stack with the %15 off, but I am skeptical that it would be.

#76 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

If SCII was any indication, don't expect a sale anytime soon on it. I decided to just let this one go and buy it for full retail off Amazon (with a kindle GC I got from trading it games at BB) so I get the no tax and I don't have to drive to BB. I might still need to take a drive somewhere looking for a CE guide though considering the art is actually good.

I kinda wish the PC version of Prototype was on sale too but oh well.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#77 argyle

argyle

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

If SCII was any indication, don't expect a sale anytime soon on it. I decided to just let this one go and buy it for full retail off Amazon (with a kindle GC I got from trading it games at BB) so I get the no tax and I don't have to drive to BB. I might still need to take a drive somewhere looking for a CE guide though considering the art is actually good.

I kinda wish the PC version of Prototype was on sale too but oh well.

Yeah, I'm not sweating it too much since this is one of those rare games that will actually be worth the retail price. I'm only getting it from BB because that's where most of my credit is right now.
Posted Image

#78 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm waiting very patiently for Wal-Mart to rollback Prototype 2 so I can get the voucher for a free downloadable copy of Prototype 1. I'm guessing they'll still be around by then judging how many my Wal-Mart has plus they're radnet editions!

#79 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

Remind me again what Best Buy's policy is with their used games.
If I order titles online for store pick-up are they still subject to the sale, or does that void any sales?

It should be able to get the sale price, but I somewhat remember people having trouble with this in the past.

Thanks for the refresher.

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#80 TheFizzzzzz

TheFizzzzzz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

I have a B2G1 on new games 39.99 and less... Is this stackable with prototype 2 being on sale??? Cause if so I may as well pick it up this coming week

#81 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

I have a B2G1 on new games 39.99 and less... Is this stackable with prototype 2 being on sale??? Cause if so I may as well pick it up this coming week

Yes, the B2G1 Coupon stacks with sale prices.

#82 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Wow, Prototype went down in price fast.

#83 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

What the heck is this "Radnet" stuff? DLC missions or something?

#84 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Wow that's a pretty early price drop for Prototype 2, but I'm not going to complain lol. For the battle chest deal I wish you could get the Warcraft 3 battle chest, or the Diablo battle chest instead of just the wow one.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#85 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

If I order titles online for store pick-up are they still subject to the sale, or does that void any sales?

It should be able to get the sale price, but I somewhat remember people having trouble with this in the past.

From what I know, as long as you don't open it you can return it. If the price drops by the time it gets there or you want to apply it to a used sale, I think you'll have to return it in store and rebuy it.

#86 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Who do people equate sales with performance and/or price drops? The lead-in time for these ads is rather long and that offer was probably in place before the game even came out, so it's not like it's based on sales. I'm too lazy to give examples, but most new releases go on sales for $10-$20 off within the first 4-6 weeks somewhere.

Again, I said most, not all.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#87 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

If its unopened you can return it for refund. If it is opened you can exchange it for the exact same item ONLY. If no like item is in stock then you can get store credit.

#88 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Or just buy the 39.99 copy and return it with your 59.99 reciept it's basically the same as return/rebuy

Let's not abuse the system. We might not see these $20 gift card deals around for such abuse. Anyways, this is Bestbuy. You can PM it!

#89 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

You can price match without having the physical item.
Just have the receipt to proved that you bought it and then they'll do a return and rering you up on the spot.

You are just making it difficult by rebuying and attempting to return items.
Also being force to keep said items.

Edit: Oh hey my Gamer's Club Unlock thing came in the mail, score!

Edited by iduncurr, 10 May 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#90 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm about to do a replay of Prototype 2 so I can get the [Defeat on Hard] achievement.
I'm only doing the main quests so I'm going to see if I can do the whole main story in one day.
I wonder how long it'll take.