Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/13/12 to 5/19/12)

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#91 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'm about to do a replay of Prototype 2 so I can get the [Defeat on Hard] achievement.
I'm only doing the main quests so I'm going to see if I can do the whole main story in one day.
I wonder how long it'll take.

Not long. Especially if you skip all the skipable cutscenes. I did the same as you. Beat the game and did it again on hard. Breezed through it.

#92 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I saw a steelbook case for prototype 2. Will it be free if I put up the game next week for 40?

#93 htz

htz

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Found this max payne 3 pamphlet when I was at BB today. The gaming rep told me its a pre-order bonus for max payne 3. I told him I have it pre-ordered already so he gave it to me. The pamphlet introduces the multiplayer portion and has 14 pages.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=27322
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=27324
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=27323

#94 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

I saw a steelbook case for prototype 2. Will it be free if I put up the game next week for 40?

As long as they ring it up with the game it will be free.

#95 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

As long as they ring it up with the game it will be free.

I wonder if they'll pull the "one offer only" thing if I attempted to buy 3 prototypes and their steel books with a b2g1 free coupon.

>_>
<_<

#96 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

Any thoughts as to whether or not Prototype 2's price will drop for a used copy during the sale?

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in beta! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#97 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

Any thoughts as to whether or not Prototype 2's price will drop for a used copy during the sale?

No. BBY doesn't coordinate their new game sales with their used. There's been countless amount of times where the used price was comically higher than the new price.

#98 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

No. BBY doesn't coordinate their new game sales with their used. There's been countless amount of times where the used price was comically higher than the new price.

Haha, good to know. Thanks, man.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in beta! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#99 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

tempted to pick up skyrim, but I already have it on the PC. Figure i'll wait for some inevitable complete edition next year.

#100 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

I wonder if they'll pull the "one offer only" thing if I attempted to buy 3 prototypes and their steel books with a b2g1 free coupon.

>_>
<_<

I know you probably dun curr but that wont work. Two package deals wont apply on top of each other

#101 WelcometoRapture

WelcometoRapture

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

I'm probably the only person who hasn't played Skyrim yet... Probably time to pick it up...

#102 waltercartman

waltercartman

Don't Be A Dingus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

I got a few questions. I bought Prototype 2 at launch for 59.99 But cant find my receipt. I did pre order it and buy it there. So my question is will there be proof i bought it there on my account info? With that will i be able to get my price match money?

On top of that if that worked would i need to bring the game in?
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176686"][/URL]

#103 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm probably the only person who hasn't played Skyrim yet... Probably time to pick it up...

You're not alone. I'll probably pick it up too.

#104 lilmotto

lilmotto

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I got a few questions. I bought Prototype 2 at launch for 59.99 But cant find my receipt. I did pre order it and buy it there. So my question is will there be proof i bought it there on my account info? With that will i be able to get my price match money?

It will be on your account info as long as it is within the respected time frame and you used your reward number when buying it. Needing the game is YMMV in my experience I haven't needed it, but it depends on who you get I would assume.

#105 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

in my backlog. played it for 3 hours. sold it recently. then bought that legendary edition or whatever its called during the whole 10 minutes it was up on newegg for 60 dollars that one time.

now its still in the backlog lol also whats up with all these buy 2 get 1 free sales???

#106 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

I wonder the same on the b2g1. They have been very frequent. It would be great if they came back with the b2g2 they had at the first of the year. Now that was a deal.

BTW that to the OP for another super early ad post. I hope he has this kind of lead time before Black Friday.

#107 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

If you paid for it via credit card, they should be able to find it from that credit card info. You can also find out the info from the RZ website if you're a member.

If you paid for it via non-credit card and you're a RZ member, you can look it up on the RZ website.

If you paid for it via non-credit card and you're not a RZ member, you're screwed.

You only need the receipt, you don't need the game.

#108 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Just do it. It was in my backlog for a while and got to it a week ago. An AMAZING game and well worth the accolades. I would have easily paid full price for this game and not felt gyped. I have sunk 40+ hours into it and I've only basically done a bunch of side quests and haven't even began to delve into the bulk of the main story. It's FO3 on steroids.

BTW I am playing stealth assassin archer and am having a blast picking people off from half the map away. It also takes some skill and adds in flight time (have to judge if target is moving) and arrow drop. It adds skill into the mix which is fun.

#109 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

:360::ps3: Free Grand Theft Auto IV ($19.99 value) when you purchase Max Payne 3 for $59.99

:360: 4GB Console - $179.99
:360: 3 month Xbox LIVE Gold - $14.99

Note: Free GTA IV is not the Complete Edition

#110 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

decent, but bb $10/20 gc is a little better

#111 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

At this point, there's like four people who own a 360 that haven't owned or played GTA IV at some point.

#112 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the early ad! Much appreciated.

#113 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

At this point, there's like four people who own a 360 that haven't owned or played GTA IV at some point.

Glad you said played. I borrowed it from a friend and got that achievement for finishing the tutorial and stopped playing after that. Ugh 1 achievement on my list RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

#114 jaygood17

jaygood17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

The game Rage is a perfect example of this. New $19.99 Used $34.99 last time I was there. :lol:

#115 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Glad you said played. I borrowed it from a friend and got that achievement for finishing the tutorial and stopped playing after that. Ugh 1 achievement on my list RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

I was just thinking about this today but for the PS3! I take it there's no way to hide or delete trophies either.

#116 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Since I'm now an unlocked member I should take advantage of the trade in program especially with the 50% off and the additional 10% off being a member.

I have a serious issue with OCD though where it's hard to sell or trade anything in. I hate the fact I paid 60 for something and am only making 26 back. Doesn't sit with me well.

The trade in additional % off stacks, right? 50% and the 10% for being an unlocked member?

#117 dominator

dominator

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure it does.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#118 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Very Very nice.

I'm dumping MLB 12 (vita), Mod Racers (Vita) and Little Big Planet 2 (PS3) and will make about 70ish bucks back. Not bad at all. It will at least pay off my Payne 3 game.

#119 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Still a great deal for noobs who never played GTA 4. I will keep my pre-order with Best Buy.

#120 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Better than a kick in the nuts...hey it could have been a 12 pack of soda. They at least tried to do something cool this time...thanks for the info OP.
Posted Image