Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/13/12 to 5/19/12)

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#181 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Point taken, I guess it would depend on how Best Buy usually rings up free with purchase items.
Honestly, I thought they would ring it up similar to how they rung up Prototype 2 and the steelbook case.
The Steelbook Case rings up 0.00 N* which only effects you if you attempt to return the game without the the steelbook but still able to PM the actual game itself. Since this isn't a native BB deal I guess it's possible that's they'd ring it out differently (if they actually did PM it).

#182 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Point taken, I guess it would depend on how Best Buy usually rings up free with purchase items.
Honestly, I thought they would ring it up similar to how they rung up Prototype 2 and the steelbook case.
The Steelbook Case rings up 0.00 N* which only effects you if you attempt to return the game without the the steelbook but still able to PM the actual game itself. Since this isn't a native BB deal I guess it's possible that's they'd ring it out differently (if they actually did PM it).

Aren't these items supposed to block PM?

#183 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Steelbooks? No, if they are then workers at BB aren't doing their job (bless them for it).

#184 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Is it true you get a $20 gift card for preordering Diablo 3?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#185 DrunknIronRabit

DrunknIronRabit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Possibly, although collecting all the black boxes, lairs, and operation units will probably kill a few hours.

They did just release a new DLC which is a bunch of new power skills and skins, I believe.

I believe that that is the free one that was included in the CE

#186 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Just picked up two copies of :360: Prototype 2 with the steelbook cases (extra copy for a friend) and a copy of :360: Skyrim. I was able to use the B2G1 coupon that came in the welcome packet with no problems and no over rides needed.

TheVila.png

#187 DrunknIronRabit

DrunknIronRabit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

If you bring in BB's ad that week it should be relatively easy to do.

In my experience BB rarely readjust pre-owned games to match their sale prices on new games.

@Rock_Dash3X
I did too actually, with Fry's ad right?
I bought Prototype 2 three times at BB though so that's $30 back 8-)
Along with 2x $25 coupons I got for BB's mishap with the steelbooks.
I essentially paid like $25 buck a game, and I'm probably going to trade my copies in tomorrow for $35.
Not even including the coupons I used from the three Gamer mags I got for pre-ordering Prototype 2.

BB has been doing it right for me these past few months. :lol:

Could you explain what mishap with the steelbook that you ran into for me please? thx in advance~!

#188 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Anybody try to go to walmart and pm their P2 with Best Buys? Walmarts "limited edition" P2 with a downloadable copy of P1 is a steal for 40 if possible.

#189 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Could you explain what mishap with the steelbook that you ran into for me please? thx in advance~!

It was if you pre-ordered Prototype 2 online and chose the shipping option for steelbooks (which was the only option unless I'm mistaken).
There was a problem with shipments on steelbooks and those who pre-ordered online received a $25 coupon for their troubles. They still got the steelbooks but it came in about a week later though.

and yeah the DLC was free with collector's edition.
Just a set of three new Heller skins and some power modifications which unfortunately if turned on doesn't allow you to gain achievements (didn't try on PS3)

@Mahoney07
Nope, thats for Max Payne 3

#190 DrunknIronRabit

DrunknIronRabit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Well hypothetically if a Wal-mart I visited only offered store-exclusive would that mean I can't PM at all then?

I get it, but it wouldn't make sense to me business wise.
I honestly thought they started offering the previous game DLC in order to compete with Best Buy and it's incentives as well as it's price adjustment guarantee.

It had to compete with BB's Steelbooks AND Poster AND Exclusive DLC
TRU free toy figurine (which looked terrible btw)
Amazon's free comic DL (unless I'm wrong with that?) and it's tax-free status on certain states.
Target really didn't offer any free incentives unless you count a 12 pack of Mountain Dew from the 1st weeks release.
Gamestops's Exclusive DLC.

What was the exclusive DLC from BEST BUY? I got the Steelbook and Poster but what was the EXCLUSIVE DLC?

#191 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Harden Vehicle DLC
It should be in your Prototype 2 game.
There should have been a sticker telling you about it on the cover.

#192 DrunknIronRabit

DrunknIronRabit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Sweet!

I just got my Gamer's club intro package in the mail today. It includes a buy 2 get one free on new games (worth up to $40). I'll be able to pick up Skyrim, Prototype 2, and the Jak and Daxter HD Collection for a grand total of $80 plus tax....

Wait there's a Gamers Club intro package? Ive never gotten that?!~ WTF? Can you post pics?

#193 zyk

zyk

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Is it true you get a $20 gift card for preordering Diablo 3?

I doubt it. A $20 Gift card for a big game like D3 would get some attention.

#194 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Wait there's a Gamers Club intro package? Ive never gotten that?!~ WTF? Can you post pics?

it's a welcome kit that comes with coupons they're sent out it batches not by when you join so it could take some time to receive it in the mail. I'm trying to get them to give the welcome kits out in-store when your 1st become unlocked to prevent such longer delays & errors you can vote here to help speed up the process.
http://forums.bestbu...re/idi-p/510811

& I'll link a page where you can contact a BB rep that'll work with you on getting a welcome kit too.
http://forums.bestbu...ket/td-p/474279

here's a CAG thread with pics
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=312778

#195 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Just went to my Best Buy in Leominster. Brought in a printed receipt from from RZ account and they gave me $21 and some change back on my BB card from Prototype 2. Looking forward to an even better deal with Max Payne given the additional $20 e gift card and impending $40 price within 45 days

#196 GordonG3cko

GordonG3cko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

So tempting for Skyrim at $40. But I'm playing Dark Souls now so Skyrim I'll see you when you are GOTY version/edition.

I've got Dragon Age Origins next up after DS. (backlog is ridiculous)
Greed is good.

#197 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Soo..is the b2g1 live in store?

#198 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

look up the transaction & print a duplicate receipt you can use the stores customer kiosk to do it & take the printout to CS then they'll give you an official receipt.

EDIT: Just found my receipt, so this doesn't matter anymore

I just looked it up and it is very very wrong. It says I paid $28 for P2, and that I did the presale for $2(pre order), which as anyone knows, $5 is the mininum. I am not sure why. The BB app reciept is normal, so why is the rewardzone website so jacked. Im in the points and purchases section. And some other recent purchases are off also
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#199 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I saw the vanilla edition at Ollie's yesterday for 12.99.

My Ollies had Hanna Montana 360 for $2.99! And a bunch of Rock Band Track Packs for $5. Yet had Madden 07 for PS3 for $14.99. Along with some Shaq Basketball game for .99 for XBOX regular. Didn't bother going thru their Wii/DS/GBA selection.

106889.png

#200 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

I price adjusted for P2. I forgot I paid most of it in gift card so I got gift card back. I feel sad about it haha.

Though did trade some games in. My gaming rep for today was pretty dumb. I have a feeling he messed up my transaction. I guess I'll find out in 5 days.

#201 WarpCoreX

WarpCoreX

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

Picked up Skyrim this morning. Had a $20 gift card from buying a laptop/printer a few weeks ago, $22.00 out the door.

#202 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

EDIT: Just found my receipt, so this doesn't matter anymore

I just looked it up and it is very very wrong. It says I paid $28 for P2, and that I did the presale for $2(pre order), which as anyone knows, $5 is the mininum. I am not sure why. The BB app reciept is normal, so why is the rewardzone website so jacked. Im in the points and purchases section. And some other recent purchases are off also

You probably paid with a RZ cert. The cert applies the credit like a coupon and reduces the subtotal proportionately against every item in the same transaction.

#203 CritcalJ

CritcalJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

My Ollies had Hanna Montana 360 for $2.99! And a bunch of Rock Band Track Packs for $5. Yet had Madden 07 for PS3 for $14.99. Along with some Shaq Basketball game for .99 for XBOX regular. Didn't bother going thru their Wii/DS/GBA selection.

No HM's but they did have Rock Band track pack 2 for 2.99 (which I picked up). They had AC/DC for 4.99. The coup de grace was Rock Revolution for .99.

#204 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

This is how they ring it up since a BB rep isn't going to be able to zero out a purchase item w/o an override & this is when everything gets YMMV.

#205 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Did anyone try to get the B2G1 in the store? Is it ringing up correctly? If not did anyone try to get an explanation from a manager. They should just either fix this or have a retraction saying that this was in the ad in error. I have to imagine they are getting a ton of complaints. I tried calling C/S but they are completely clueless. They were zero help. I may have to call corporate tomorrow and get an acceptable explanation.

#206 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy knocks Elder Scrolls V Skyrim and Prototype 2 down to $39.99. They're also running a 50% bonus trade-in credit ofer on any game and a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all used games. Purchase Diablo III and get the World of Warcraft: Battlechest for $4.99.

Posted Image Kmart offers its Rewards Members a $15 gaming coupon with the purchase of Max Payne 3 (PS3) and/or Diablo III (PC).

Posted Image Target throws in a free copy of Grand Theft Auto IV with the purchase of Max Payne 3.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

Posted Image 50% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game (Offer continuing 'til 6/2)
Posted Image Buy 2 Get 1 FREE on ALL Pre-Owned Games
Posted Image Rewardzone Gamer's Club Unlocked $14.99
  • 10% off ALL Pre-Owned Games
  • 10% Extra Trade-In Credit
  • 2X points on Trade-Ins, New Game Software, Digital Content and Game Accessories
  • Year long subscription to @Gamer Magazine with over $100 in coupons per issue
Posted Image Pick-up Max Payne 3 and Diablo III Tuesday May 15th at 12:01am
Posted Image Get 15% off the guide when purchased with the game

:pc: Purchase Diablo III and get the World of Warcraft: Battlechest for $4.99

:pc: Diablo III Limited Edition Strategy Guide $26.99

Should also stack with the 15% off w/ purchase of game. Making it only $22.94 YMMV

:360::ps3::pc: Elder Scrolls V Skyrim $39.99
:360::ps3: Prototype 2 $39.99
:360: The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $49.99
:360::wii: Just Dance 3 $24.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, Borellius - See post here
Valid until 5/15

:360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North $19.99 CE: $39.99
Posted Image Lego Harry Potter 5-7 $19.99
:360::ps3: Ninja Gaiden 3 CE $79.99
:pc: Star Wars: Old Republic $39.99
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 Complete $29.99
:360::ps3: MLB 2k12 $49.99
:360::wii: MJ: The Experience and Just Dance 3 $24.99
Posted Image SAVE $20 on MUNITO Call of Duty MW3 ear buds when you purchase any preowned Ipod, Iphone , or Ipad.

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT

:ps3::pc: SYW Rewards Members earn a $15 Gaming Coupon with the purchase of Max Payne 3 for PS3 or Diablo III for PC

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:360::ps3: Free Grand Theft Auto IV ($19.99 value, not complete edition) when you purchase Max Payne 3 for $59.99
:360: Xbox 360 4GB Console $179.99
:360: 3 month Xbox LIVE Gold $14.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
no ad this week

Edited by CheapyD, 14 May 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#207 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

Diablo III is the first game this calendar year that I'm considering picking up from a B+M on its release date, and lo and behold, KMart has the best offer. It's almost as if nothing has changed since last year.

#208 swarmster

swarmster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Diablo III is the first game this calendar year that I'm considering picking up from a B+M on its release date, and lo and behold, KMart has the best offer. It's almost as if nothing has changed since last year.

Agreed. The big question for me, though, is what the dates on the coupon are going to be. Can I buy D3, then turn around and get Max Payne on the 360 with the coupon?

I want both, and getting $15 off the total seems to be the best so far.

#209 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

Snagged a copy of Prototype 2 today and got the steelbook and poster. Very happy at that price :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#210 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

Just wanted to make sure but the B2G1 Free on all pre-owned games, is it saying that I can buy 2 NEW games and get a free copy of a USED game or is it buying 2 USED games and getting 1 USED game free?