Raptr Rewards 5/17: 1 free month of XBL Gold and 2 free XBLA games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nypickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I know some CAGs had bad luck/experience with the Minecraft reward but Raptr will be giving away 15,000 [1 month + 2 free games] codes starting tomorrow May 17th.

Requirements and steps to redeem the offer can be viewed here.

Free 1 Month Xbox Live Gold Plus 2 Free Games!

Attention Xbox Live Free (Silver) account holders! Now's your chance to try out 1 month of Xbox Live Gold and get XBLA games The Maw and R-Type Dimensions for FREE.

Available May 17. US only.
http://raptr.com/rewards

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chemosh013']Sweet, been hoping for the Maw![/QUOTE]

Indeed me2, entered the jap promotion but didnt score anything so hope i get 1 tommorow, heard its quite a good game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']so you need to have played certain games to get in on this like it was for minecraft correct?[/QUOTE]

Quite possibly but they don't have anything listed yet. Would be easier for everyone if the only requirement is that you have an XBL account tied into your Raptr account.

[quote name='Chemosh013']It says xbox live silver members so it's possible that that is a requirement :([/QUOTE]

I thought that too but I don't grasp how Raptr would know if your account is silver or gold. It tracks usage not membership levels of your account.

[quote name='nypickle']Quite possibly but they don't have anything listed yet. Would be easier for everyone if the only requirement is that you have an XBL account tied into your Raptr account.

I thought that too but I don't grasp how Raptr would know if your account is silver or gold. It tracks usage not membership levels of your account.[/QUOTE]

They probably will check if your account is gold or not. Hopefully the requirements are just like you said tying in your profile to raptr. I could use a month. The two arcade games arent neccesary but I wouldnt mind having them so I could give the maw to my bro and probably give the other one away here or something.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Haha they're probably be gone in like 20 seonds like the other ones. I know i'm out though my gold doesn't expire till the 21st :D[/QUOTE]

yeah but you're comparing 2,500 Minecraft codes -vs- 15,000 in this reward. I think the Minecraft one lasted around 45 minutes, they didn't disappear in 2 minutes like I thought they would.

What time of day did the Minecraft deal go live? Gonna be out tomorrow and want to check around the right time.

[quote name='kujen']What time of day did the Minecraft deal go live? Gonna be out tomorrow and want to check around the right time.[/QUOTE]

Minecraft went live right around 1pm EST and died around 2:38 PM EST.

[quote name='Luchalma']I'm Gold already and I have The Maw but good god I've wanted R-Type Dimensions for SO LONG and it's never went on sale.[/QUOTE]

Exactly same situation! Only want R-Type Dimensions...rest could have someone else hum...

Sweet offer from Raptr. Having 1 month gold would be delicious.

Can anybody who managed to get past Raptr Minecraft reward suggest the best time for person living on West Coast to log in???

[quote name='SchoolGirl13']Sweet offer from Raptr. Having 1 month gold would be delicious.

Can anybody who managed to get past Raptr Minecraft reward suggest the best time for person living on West Coast to log in???
[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows what time this is going to go live. You subtract 3 hours from EST to get PST.

[quote name='nypickle']Nobody knows what time this is going to go live. You subtract 3 hours from EST to get PST.[/QUOTE]

I know that already....:roll:

I was asking the persons who got past Raptr reward to post the successful time they logged on to get Minecraft.

[quote name='SchoolGirl13']I know that already....:roll:

I was asking the persons who got past Raptr reward to post the successful time they logged on to get Minecraft.
[/QUOTE]

I said in another post it was 1pm EST. Doesn't mean its happening anywhere near the same time with this reward.

this will be for silver members only u will need to put in a credit card this is similar to the epixhd 1 free month and the ign free month so this sucks for me i just wanted the games lol

This reward is only open to Silver members. Gold accounts are not Eligible. You won't be able to get the games if you don't convert to Gold

So yeah you'll need to convert to Gold to get the reward.

[quote name='SchoolGirl13']Raptr page on Facebook states "US ONLY". :roll:[/QUOTE]

I guess it means US XBL accounts only, you can be from anywhere. As when XBL launched it was only available in 12 countries and majority of us have US accounts and since that day, we are cursed to buy their cards because our credit cards aren't excepted.

I love PS in this regard

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Apparently this is only available to silver members. Sucks, especially since my gold runs out next month.[/QUOTE]

My gold runs out on the 20th.
Between this and losing out on Minecraft because my playtime for Terraria wasn't being logged, Raptr hates me something fierce.

[quote name='star65']what is up with entering credit card.
why cant they just send a code like they will with the games.[/QUOTE]

Because when you sign up you accept to auto renewal which people forget to turn off therefore ms makes moneyz

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Want Rtype but gold member bleh.[/QUOTE]

Make a silver account? It doesnt charge you..

[quote name='Pwny']Make a silver account? It doesnt charge you..[/QUOTE]

Tried but you have to play some games on it raptr doesn't add it if no games aren't played.

[quote name='Pwny']Make a silver account? It doesnt charge you..[/QUOTE]

It also won't let you add an Xbox Live account to your Raptr profile that has no games/achievements, so just creating a new account is not enough. You have to play something on that account before it can be added to Raptr.

Edit: I'm slow. What he said ^^

[quote name='cmp2005']http://raptr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20338[/QUOTE]

So basically this is just a clever way to get people locked into Gold subs.

Sign-up for Gold for 1-month and get 2 free games.

They hope you will forget to set your account to not auto-renew and charge you $9.99 per month. Plus your credit card is linked to your Xbox account.

Not really a giveaway. More like a Xbox Live sign-up promotion.

My guess is the link will be similar to the one for the free 1-month Xbox Live Gold from IGN and EPIX.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/promotions/epix-gold-for-free
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/promotions/ign-gold-for-free

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back