Photo
- - - - -

Minecraft for PC deals?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Are there ever an sales or legit discounts on Minecraft for the PC? I recently picked up the 360 version and I'm hooked. My cousin runs a private PC server and I'd like to give the PC version a whirl..

Thanks!

#2 Vekou

Vekou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

As far as I know, the Minecraft website is the only place you can buy it, so, no. Sorry.

#3 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

bummer... I was hoping they had sales or discount codes once in a while.
I just bought 2 Xbox copies, so I'm not feeling much like dropping another $27 for the PC version, when I probably won't play it that often.

Thanks...

#4 Tooki

Tooki

Taidan Destroyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

Watch the exchange rate and hope the USD (or your respective currency) gets stronger vs the Euro!
Posted Image

#5 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

So there's really never any deals on this? I've never played it and not sure I'd like it so close to $30 is kinda steep.

#6 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

So there's really never any deals on this? I've never played it and not sure I'd like it so close to $30 is kinda steep.

Sales for the PC version of Minecraft are pretty rare. Last sale (I knew of) was buy 1 get 1 free when Notch got married like a year ago I think. I paid $27.xx for it a few months ago. Yeah $30 kinda steep, but it's a sandbox game with the potential of hundreds of hours of entertainment (depending on how into it you are). Since you've never played it, you can go to the website and play the a free version through the your web browser so you can get a feel for the game.

#7 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Or he could download the XBLA demo, that's what I did.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#8 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Is there any point to the game other than just building stuff?

#9 Andami

Andami

Buy Because it's on Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Not really. Just think of the game as virtual Legos.

#10 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Explaining it does it no justice. You just have to play it.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.