Photo
- - - - -

Free Robin Hood: Return of Richard WiiWare (Facebook or email)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#31 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

This either says this game is no good, or that people don't care about WiiWare.

A little of both. The guys at Nordcurrent are super nice, though, so I try to not insult their games too harshly.

#32 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

No update on the numbers at the site. They're having a hard time finding people to give this away to.

#33 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

I believe the WiiWare games will transfer to the Wii U. Even if they don't, these download games will certainly make the system more attractive for resale (even if the game sucks ass).

#34 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

I just got around to requesting the game. After playing so many 360 games and finding players who add me instantly, I'm not a fan of how hard it is to add people on Wii. :(

#35 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

I just got around to requesting the game. After playing so many 360 games and finding players who add me instantly, I'm not a fan of how hard it is to add people on Wii. :(

Agreed, the way you add a friend code on the wii is completely absurd.

#36 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

I'm about to give up on this and turn off WiiConnect24 in order to save electricity.

#37 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

Well, the amount of energy used is pretty negligible, but if it bothers you, just turn off WiiConnect24. You don't actually need it for this. If/when the game is handed out, you'll still receive it if WC24 is off; you'll just have boot up the Wii and check for yourself rather than having it notify you.

#38 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Well, the amount of energy used is pretty negligible, but if it bothers you, just turn off WiiConnect24. You don't actually need it for this. If/when the game is handed out, you'll still receive it if WC24 is off; you'll just have boot up the Wii and check for yourself rather than having it notify you.

Are you sure about that? I didn't think you could receive messages on a Wii that's not connected? Also, my understanding is that WiiConnect24 uses a good amount of energy. While not a lot when compared to many things, since something like a coffee pot or a dryer aren't on and using electricity 24/7, it actually adds up more than you may realize.

#39 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

I've never used WiiConnect24 and I've never had a problem receiving messages or free games. You just have to wait a little while after turning your Wii on. As for energy consumption, WC24 uses about 9 watts, which is roughly $0.02 per day. It's certainly more than the 1.3 watts (approximately) that the Wii uses without WC24 turned on, but it's still not a whole lot.

#40 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

I've never used WiiConnect24 and I've never had a problem receiving messages or free games. You just have to wait a little while after turning your Wii on. As for energy consumption, WC24 uses about 9 watts, which is roughly $0.02 per day. It's certainly more than the 1.3 watts (approximately) that the Wii uses without WC24 turned on, but it's still not a whole lot.

I'm not big on wasting either electricity or money. $6 a year vs .60 a year isn't a huge difference BUT why waste the money? Over the last 6 years that would have been $36 so far. Plus, the longer I leave it on, the more I am effectively paying for the game. I'll just turn it off. I'm tired of leaving it on.

#41 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

;__; You'd think tons of people would jump on this free guaranteed thing yet its just dragging along for weeks and weeks..

#42 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Maybe they'll hit 800 people before the apocalypse if we're lucky!

#43 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

They haven't updated it past 400 yet.

#44 Dishinshoryuken

Dishinshoryuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

Okay....the Wii is unpacked. What do I do now to get this game for the family or am I too late?

#45 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Do exactly what it says in the first post then wait a couple years for them to get 800 people to do so then you'll get the game.

#46 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

seriously this still hasnt unlocked. lol

540841.png

#47 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

How do we know the status of this? I just sent a request and emailed my number.

#48 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Stoppage Time GOOOOAAALL!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

My gawd I just remembered I did this like 2 months ago and they still haven't reached 800 people? ffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#49 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Bump, any news on this?

#50 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

just cause a game is free doesn't make it any less crappy... that said...
Seriously how is it still not at 800...

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#51 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

just cause a game is free doesn't make it any less crappy...

True, but there's no buyer's remorse associated with getting a shitty game for free. I agree on the whole that not all game ideas should be put into motion, but game design is a learning process. I'd still like to try it, especially since I know it wasn't created in a deplorable manner to ride off the coattails of a trend or another game's success.

That said, the last word I received was that they added me as a friend two months ago. I haven't turned on my Wii since... :-#

#52 GTAERgameing

GTAERgameing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

I had my wii on last week and nothing. They have not even posted on facebook since the last update. I can't really tell if this is still alive or dead.

Currently Playing:joystick: Updated: 5/12/14
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5, Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat  :vita: Wipeout 2048

Last Game Finished: \\ :D/ Updated: 5/12/14

Spoiler

#53 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

I would just call it dead. They are liked on my facebook feed and sure someone will post if they ever do give these out but I wouldn't count on it.

#54 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

I've stopped topping this thread because I gave up on getting the game. Someone should post on their Facebook page and ask them about this.

#55 GameDemonKing

GameDemonKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Hopefully an update will come soon.

#56 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hopefully an update will come soon.

Wow I forgot all about this! It's been months now!

#57 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

What's up with this shit? Worst game company ever. Just send the fucking codes.

#58 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

The game looked like shit anyways, It's really not worth getting your panties in a bunch if they don't send it
Besides they never reached 800 (as far as we know)

560501.png

xivpads.png

#59 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

The game looked like shit anyways, It's really not worth getting your panties in a bunch if they don't send it
Besides they never reached 800 (as far as we know)

It's been 5 months, you'd think they would send codes to those that registered.

#60 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

This is never happening is it... lol
Not disappointed more intrigued at the sheer lack of people jumping on a free game xD'

560501.png

xivpads.png