Cheapy - I'd send this douche a cease and desist if I were you

At the bottom:

REPORT ->
Impersonation ->
My YouTube Channel is being impersonated *OR* My trademark or company is being impersonated

Of course only Cheapy can file that report, unless Javery was his lawyer, which would be awesome.

He could almost pass it off as parody or a coincidence if the only thing that was similar was the name (it's not like it's some off the wall name or anything), but he copied the logo and color style as well.

I'd be more insulted that they just tacked on a Z.

But yes, I'd definitely report them for copyright infringement. Bastards straight-up aped the logo.

Gee, I wonder why I can't seem to find someplace to comment on this moron's videos.

Edit: Found it. I will refrain from going off on him, but I do plan to thumb all his vids down. Is it REALLY that hard to come up with an original name/brand? :roll:

Had to laugh at this bit:

And... if your a hater, go ahead and leave a dislike, we all know uMad BRO!

Thanks, filled out the YouTube Trademark Complaint Form for both his accounts and reported his Twitter account as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i dont see anything wrong ...

so your saying cheapy has the rights to

cheapassgamerA
Cheapassgamerb
cheapassgamerc
cheapassgamerd
cheapassgamere

allt the way to
cheapassgamerz

good luck with that copyright thing but im sure they will not even respond

unless im missing something

[quote name='slidecage']personally i dont see anything wrong ...

cheapassgamerA
Cheapassgamerb
cheapassgamerc
cheapassgamerd
cheapassgamere

allt the way to
cheapassgamerz

unless im missing something[/QUOTE]

Depends, but for sure he's using the old logo. That's grounds right there.

[quote name='slidecage']personally i dont see anything wrong ...

cheapassgamerA
Cheapassgamerb
cheapassgamerc
cheapassgamerd
cheapassgamere

allt the way to
cheapassgamerz

unless im missing something[/QUOTE]

You are missing something. First of all we are not talking about copyright. That extends to works of art. We are likely in the realm of trademarks and I assume Cheapy has gone through the trouble trademarking his brand (if not I'd do that asap).

Second, the green/orange/black color combo, "CAG" and the Cheap Ass Gamer name all point to the brand he has created at this site (which is well known in the industry). Again, assuming this is trademarked, anyone who comes out with something called "cheapassgamerz" is likely infringing on that trademark - especially since it relates to video games and even moreso because he stole the logo right off of this site for his own use. This will create confusion in the marketplace which a trademark is designed to protect against.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

[quote name='Javery']You are missing something. First of all we are not talking about copyright. That extends to works of art. We are likely in the realm of trademarks and I assume Cheapy has gone through the trouble trademarking his brand (if not I'd do that asap).

Second, the green/orange/black color combo, "CAG" and the Cheap Ass Gamer name all point to the brand he has created at this site (which is well known in the industry). Again, assuming this is trademarked, anyone who comes out with something called "cheapassgamerz" is likely infringing on that trademark - especially since it relates to video games and even moreso because he stole the logo right off of this site for his own use. This will create confusion in the marketplace which a trademark is designed to protect against.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?[/QUOTE]

ok ok what abaout McZonald?

I hope I get to see this video before its removed. Probably someone screwing around and thinking it sfunny.

[quote name='Javery']You are missing something. First of all we are not talking about copyright. That extends to works of art. We are likely in the realm of trademarks and I assume Cheapy has gone through the trouble trademarking his brand (if not I'd do that asap).

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?[/QUOTE]

They have the golden arches, we have the golden arch

[quote name='Javery']Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?[/QUOTE][comingtoamerica]

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/09/11/famous-movie-locations-mcdowells-from-coming-to-america/

[/comingtoamerica]

[quote name='Wombat']They have the golden arches, we have the golden arch[/QUOTE]
“Look…me and the McDonald’s people got this little misunderstanding. See, they’re McDonald’s…I’m McDowell’s. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.”
It's arcs. ;)

[quote name='draven1089']Just Googled them and it seems he also has accounts at Playfire, Ustream,and Mycrysis[/QUOTE]I think CAGs are going to make his life hellish.

[quote name='Wombat']They have the golden arches, we have the golden arch[/QUOTE]

They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.

EDIT: Damn, Shrike beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Can we please get a podcast where Javery and Slidecage argue legal issues? Please?[/QUOTE]

Id love to hear if slidecage speaks the same way he types. I can just picture him drooling all over himself as he just yells out random words.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Can we please get a podcast where Javery and Slidecage argue legal issues? Please?[/QUOTE]
We need to make this shit happen. I would rep the shit of this post if I could.

so if i had a site called

crazy about groundhogs i couldnt use a CAG logo :)

really though i forgot all about the old LOGO we used to have here ... thanks for clearing that up.

hey and i could speak well at least it wouldnt be as insane as Joe Biden looked like over in ohio the other day

NOW that was just freaking fun.. man looked insane

[quote name='slidecage']so if i had a site called

crazy about groundhogs i couldnt use a CAG logo :)[/QUOTE]

No, you couldn't. You could design another logo using the "CAG" acronym but it could not closely resemble the one that Cheapy uses. That particular font and color combination are associated with his brand and his brand only. Also, if Cheapy was extra smart he would file all of his logo trademark applications in black and white which provides even broader protection.

[quote name='Javery']No, you couldn't. You could design another logo using the "CAG" acronym but it could not closely resemble the one that Cheapy uses. That particular font and color combination are associated with his brand and his brand only. Also, if Cheapy was extra smart he would file all of his logo trademark applications in black and white which provides even broader protection.[/QUOTE]

man now how will people ever know im crazy about groundhogs :)

thanks for the input though

Bahaha! Totally HAD to add that into my signature. ;)

Man that guy is way cooler he has hair and everything! I'm jumping ship baby! Cheap Ass Gamerz for life!

"Hey guys it's me, the original Internet galactic baller ThriftyC here. With me as always is Tomcat and Planecrash!"

Looks like he changed the background image Max Payne 3, OP should edit out the link to his channel, we don't want to be giving him accidental video views

[quote name='slidecage']
cheapassgamerA
allt the way to
cheapassgamerz
[/QUOTE]

I hate every chimp I see, from chimpan-a to chimpanzee

[quote name='Calinks']"Hey guys it's me, the original Internet galactic baller ThriftyC here. With me as always is Tomcat and Planecrash!"[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Calinks']Man that guy is way cooler he has hair and everything! I'm jumping ship baby! Cheap Ass Gamerz for life![/QUOTE]

Um...excuse me...they are THE CheapAssGamerz! Get it straight, dude!

Add IATCG and Confoosius and I'll listen ;).

[quote name='io']Add IATCG and Confoosius and I'll listen ;).[/QUOTE]

With special appearances from Starmask?

[quote name='MrPiggles']Looks like he changed the background image Max Payne 3, OP should edit out the link to his channel, we don't want to be giving him accidental video views[/QUOTE]We should sick Rockstar on him for unapproved use of copyrighted materials while we're at it.

bread's done
Back