Photo
- - - - -

Play Star Wars: The Old Republic FREE this weekend(17th till the 21st)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

They should have done this before d3... I want to try it but I am still going through my first play through of d3.

#32 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

They should have done this before d3... I want to try it but I am still going through my first play through of d3.

Except they have. . .to the tune of one month every weekend was F2P. Hell, when 1.2 came out they gave EVERYONE a free week, unsubbed or not.

#33 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Except they have. . .to the tune of one month every weekend was F2P. Hell, when 1.2 came out they gave EVERYONE a free week, unsubbed or not.

I built a new computer specifically for d3 late last month so I must have missed them all.

#34 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

I built a new computer specifically for d3 late last month so I must have missed them all.

Our guild was joking that the game had already gone F2P since the trials have been non-stop. They're desperate.

#35 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Have you played since launch? If by terrific you mean terrible then I agree.

I loved this game and spent more time playing it per week then my full-time job.

Gets old fast. No sandbox, no user based content. I would have much rather prefered a KOTOR III.

It's a terrible game that gets old fast...yet you loved it and spent over 40 hours a week playing it? What? That's about the most contradictory statement I've ever heard.

"It's a stupid movie, and it drags out for too long. But I loved every minute of it!"

#36 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

It's a terrible game that gets old fast...yet you loved it and spent over 40 hours a week playing it? What? That's about the most contradictory statement I've ever heard.

"It's a stupid movie, and it drags out for too long. But I loved every minute of it!"

Or you could watch a movie that started out great with a sucky ending. I think that's what he was going for.

#37 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Either I just don't like MMO's in general (VERY possible) or I didn't have the patience to play until it got "good". Tried the Jedi Knight class, played for a couple hours, and then uninstalled. Didn't feel like a Bioware product to me, idk. I think it was the complete absence of dialogue trees. I didn't know shit about anything, and couldn't ask either. I know that's typical for MMO's, but I was expecting more from this for some reason.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#38 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Not particularly. The first few weeks or early months of playing it, it's great. Great story, interesting planets. Then everything hits you at once when you get to 50 and rank up your valor. Your character is now useless.

I made another sith character but then the hard feel of a forced storyline and lack of user created content kicked in. Mix it with boring warzones (non-ranked) and the nightmare that is Ilum and PVP, my enthusiasm and enjoyment died fast.

I have touched the game once since end of March. I can't even sell my 8 million in credits because there is no longer a demand on any of the gold buying/selling websites for SWTOR credits.

It's a theme-park "MMO" RPG that can be beaten without a single interaction with another subscriber. You can ignore everyone you see in the fleet and on planets and still quest through your storyline.

It's sad. This game had so much potential. $100 million....for this. I spent too much time leveling up to Battlemaster for the higher tier gear (my sith warrior is all battlemaster besides the lightsaber). and I felt like I achieved NOTHING. At least in SWG (Pre-CU) your accomplishments in the world of the game had something behind them.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#39 brutalny

brutalny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

I maxed out my level in 3 weeks. Quests are lame/boring, story is lame/boring. I don't think your character story arc should max out the way it did in this game. It was way to easy to complete your story arc. Nothing to do past 50 unless you want to play battlegrounds and get better gear for no reason.

#40 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Deal is dead. I clicked thinking I could play it free until the 21st but it says weekend free trial is now closed.

#41 sonicemerald

sonicemerald

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

if only they did this on a weekend after finals... I would have totally tried to play it. Ah, oh well, next weekend goes to diablo.

#42 fester

fester

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

Deal is dead. I clicked thinking I could play it free until the 21st but it says weekend free trial is now closed.

Don't worry, there will be another free weekend. And another. And another. (And so on.)

Personally, I wouldn't even bother to download it, there are much better ways to spend your time.

#43 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I tried it for a few hours and just couldnt get into it. It felt like a low quality kotor. I saw no need to talk to other players. I dont even know if i would play this very long if it was free. I wish they had made a KOTOR 3 but i guess that would have competed with ME3.
I see this game as a killing blow for the Old Republic story line and franchise in video games.

#44 Apostle22

Apostle22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I loved every minute of this game. Been playing since beta and I love it. However, I havent put in any game time in about 3 weeks only because I found myself falling into the MMO trap with the carrot on a stick.

I stopped playing only because of my very limited gaming time which doesnt work out to well when playing any MMO.

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#45 Infinity1911

Infinity1911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Don't worry, there will be another free weekend. And another. And another. (And so on.)

Personally, I wouldn't even bother to download it, there are much better ways to spend your time.

This.

I wanted to give it another try since 1.2, but because I previously took advantage of the Friend Trial, it wouldn't let me. Makes sense, but it wouldn't hurt to "reset" everyone's trial status occasionally so that when Bioware releases new content, everyone can get a sneak-peek.

Some might even subscribe.