XBL gamertag link under avatar broken

ooga

CAGiversary!
Feedback
238 (100%)
For some reason a couple of days ago the XBL gamertag link under a person's avatar in the forums stopped working. Clicking on it does not do anything. The link for PSN yields a broken image icon. I tried on multiple PCs and browsers and I get the same result. I cannot be the only person experiencing this.

People were complaining about being redirected to live.com, so I disabled it to see if that was the problem - and since there haven't been any complaints since then, it probably was.

Considering most of the people that would care about the link doing something also has a signature image or three, who cares. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Considering most of the people that would care about the link doing something also has a signature image or three, who cares. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well THEY may have a signature image, the person they're trying to check out my not. ;)
Anyway, just reporting something that's broken. I think I may actually manage to get over this with time and some therapy.

[quote name='ooga']Well THEY may have a signature image, the person they're trying to check out my not. ;)
Anyway, just reporting something that's broken. I think I may actually manage to get over this with time and some therapy.[/QUOTE]
Just never understood why people in general felt like they needed 3 XBL gamertag images (I think the worse I've ever seen was the one in the sidebar and two in the signature.)

However, considering some other forums I've seen, CAG is a lot better in terms of signatures/avatars. :lol:

I would say, as a workaround, just google their XBL tag + xbox.

Again, the purpose of my post was not to try to find a way around the problem. There are a ton of methods to get that type of information. The purpose of my post was to inform the powers-that-be of a broken feature that they may/may not want to look into.

I actually just came to this section to finally ask about this same issue. I liked to be able to quickly click the gamertag link to see a quick view of someone's recent games. I noticed when it went missing and I would vote for it to come back. Not a big deal but I did use it and like it.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I actually just came to this section to finally ask about this same issue. I liked to be able to quickly click the gamertag link to see a quick view of someone's recent games. I noticed when it went missing and I would vote for it to come back. Not a big deal but I did use it and like it.[/QUOTE]

It was taken away because it would automatically redirect some users to the xbox.com page from CAG, even when they didn't click it, which is a much more serious issue than not having a little pop-up.

[quote name='MrPiggles']It was taken away because it would automatically redirect some users to the xbox.com page from CAG, even when they didn't click it, which is a much more serious issue than not having a little pop-up.[/QUOTE]
Are we sure they didn't click it?

bread's done
Back