XBL gamertag link under avatar broken

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

For some reason a couple of days ago the XBL gamertag link under a person's avatar in the forums stopped working. Clicking on it does not do anything. The link for PSN yields a broken image icon. I tried on multiple PCs and browsers and I get the same result. I cannot be the only person experiencing this.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

People were complaining about being redirected to live.com, so I disabled it to see if that was the problem - and since there haven't been any complaints since then, it probably was.

#3 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Considering most of the people that would care about the link doing something also has a signature image or three, who cares. :lol:

#4 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Considering most of the people that would care about the link doing something also has a signature image or three, who cares. :lol:

Well THEY may have a signature image, the person they're trying to check out my not. ;)
Anyway, just reporting something that's broken. I think I may actually manage to get over this with time and some therapy.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Well THEY may have a signature image, the person they're trying to check out my not. ;)
Anyway, just reporting something that's broken. I think I may actually manage to get over this with time and some therapy.

Just never understood why people in general felt like they needed 3 XBL gamertag images (I think the worse I've ever seen was the one in the sidebar and two in the signature.)

However, considering some other forums I've seen, CAG is a lot better in terms of signatures/avatars. :lol:

I would say, as a workaround, just google their XBL tag + xbox.

#6 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Again, the purpose of my post was not to try to find a way around the problem. There are a ton of methods to get that type of information. The purpose of my post was to inform the powers-that-be of a broken feature that they may/may not want to look into.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#7 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

I actually just came to this section to finally ask about this same issue. I liked to be able to quickly click the gamertag link to see a quick view of someone's recent games. I noticed when it went missing and I would vote for it to come back. Not a big deal but I did use it and like it.

#8 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

I actually just came to this section to finally ask about this same issue. I liked to be able to quickly click the gamertag link to see a quick view of someone's recent games. I noticed when it went missing and I would vote for it to come back. Not a big deal but I did use it and like it.

It was taken away because it would automatically redirect some users to the xbox.com page from CAG, even when they didn't click it, which is a much more serious issue than not having a little pop-up.

#9 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Yeah, that's a shame. Too bad.

#10 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

It was taken away because it would automatically redirect some users to the xbox.com page from CAG, even when they didn't click it, which is a much more serious issue than not having a little pop-up.

Are we sure they didn't click it?

#11 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

Are we sure they didn't click it?

We are sure.