CAGcast #283: RAM JAM

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I think it's hilarious that people were always so mad that PC games were glossed over in this show, and now that they are buying gaming PCs, everyone is mad at them.

By the way, I could be wrong, but cant Diablo 3 be played on Mac?

#32 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'll forget about the past when neither one of you were interested in PC Gaming, specifically talking about it for more than 1 minute. So Ship, I am hoping to hear reviews/previews on PC games now.

#33 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Cheapie demanding Wombat explain RAM. Twilight zone!!!

RAM ... is just volatile storage. Turn the power off and your lose whatever you had stored in RAM.

Unlike a hard drive which permanently stores the data and programs.

Difference is RAM is way way way faster. That's why computers have RAM.

#34 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Show Notes
16:00 Show feedback
21:00 CoD on Vita
23:00 Diablo III
24:45 Max Payne 3
26:00 Dorf on Battleship
29:30 Game of Thrones
30:15 Akai Katana
31:00 Sonic Episode 2
31:45 Jam Live Music Arcade (?)
34:00 PixelJunk 4am
34:30 Dragon's Lair XBL
40:30 E3
49:45 Activision/Infinity Ward 'Project Icebreaker'
52:45 Lost Planet
54:15 38 Studios/Rhode Island
60:00 Devil's Third / Itagaki
62:00 Darkness II
62:15 Cagbag

#35 Rollett

Rollett

For Love and Peace!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

Just because you can afford to buy a dedicated gaming PC doesn't give you the right to buy one on a whim.

Wow... wtf does that mean ? I guess Cheapy and Shipwreck needed to join some underground club first ?

#36 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Actually, I think it does just that. Money can be exchanged for goods or services.

Posted Image

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#37 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Wow... wtf does that mean ? I guess Cheapy and Shipwreck needed to join some underground club first ?

They need to get their "Elitist Prick" internet license first.

#38 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

People were more offended by Shipwreck buying a gaming PC than Cheapy being a f'en racist.

#39 gaypunk

gaypunk

Omni-Gellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Ha. True. You mofos definitely have Mexican-American listeners. I know, I am one.

People were more offended by Shipwreck buying a gaming PC than Cheapy being a f'en racist.

#40 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Diablo 3 runs great on my iMac. But buying one copy allows you to play it wherever, PC or Mac.

#41 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Every time I hear the word DOTA I want to stab a puppy. What a stupid meaningless term.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#42 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm glad that Cheapy and Ship are diving into PC gaming. It's always been glossed over in the CAGcast, so it'll be cool to see PC games get some attention from time to time. You guys should definitely check out some of the indie bundle deals now that you have new rigs! There are some gems to be found in them.

#43 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Every time I hear the word DOTA I want to stab a puppy. What a stupid meaningless term.

How about moba?

#44 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

How about moba?

I'm a card carrying member of the Metro Omaha Builders Association.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#45 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

How about moba?

Better than nambla, at least.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#46 yobak3r

yobak3r

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Has Wombat ever heard of ballbusting? Sure, Cheapy was being a dick, but wombat does the same thing sometimes (jumps on him for saying something stupid, makes fun of him for crying at movies/games). its just what certain kinds of buddies do. it just gets awkward when wombat bitches bout being teased like a preteen. Learn to roll with the punches and chill out.

#47 west goat

west goat

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

CheapyD being a dick was amazing. Wombat getting caught with his pants down needs to happen more often. He needs to learn to admit when he is wrong, or worse; lying.

Have fun at E3, guys.

#48 gaypunk

gaypunk

Omni-Gellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Has Wombat ever heard of ballbusting?.

I don't think that means what you think it does......

I kid.

#49 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Has Wombat ever heard of ballbusting? Sure, Cheapy was being a dick, but wombat does the same thing sometimes (jumps on him for saying something stupid, makes fun of him for crying at movies/games). its just what certain kinds of buddies do. it just gets awkward when wombat bitches bout being teased like a preteen. Learn to roll with the punches and chill out.

I thought I took his busting quite well.

#50 west goat

west goat

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

How many times has CheapyD called you a dick and mentioned the topic of teasing several times on a podcast? Sorry, I love you, but you really need to roll with the punches and admit defeat sometimes.

The criticism of Wombat's personality in the show feedback section is my favorite part of the show. The post-E3 podcast last year(?) was like one big orgasm. Kazoo.

#51 Luigi01

Luigi01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

People are used to the latter by now. =P

#52 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

I don't even see how Wombat was wrong about RAM. All 3 of them gave about the same definition. It was funny nonetheless.

#53 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

I don't even see how Wombat was wrong about RAM. All 3 of them gave about the same definition. It was funny nonetheless.

Agreed, I had a good laugh.

#54 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

CheapyD being a dick was amazing. Wombat getting caught with his pants down needs to happen more often. He needs to learn to admit when he is wrong, or worse; lying.

Yes, this. We like when Wombat sticks to things he actually knows about - the games he's played and his opinions of them (plus whatever's going on with his kids - my two are just slightly older than his two), and when he makes his jokes. Wombat often pretends to know about every subject, and Cheapy finally calls him out (finally!) and we see what happened.

On other (related) topics, Cheapy if you like slow motion shooting, the Super Nintendo is the console for you. Tons of slow motion shooters (Super R-Type I'm looking at you). Not that they're intentionally in slow-motion, of course.

#55 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

All he said was what it stands for and that it makes your computer go faster. Which basically said nothing, and it was clear he knows nothing about it. Which is fine, except that he kept insisting he does know anything about it.

#56 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

I'm Mexican-American as well, but I wasn't offended by CheapyD's bad Speedy Gonzalez impression (or whatever that was). It certainly wasn't as crude at his attempt at an African language when he started clicking his tongue. Yeah, it looks like we're all desensitized by his antics at this point.

I went to your previous two CAG meet-ups, so I want to go to this one, too. Maybe you can use Yelp and find a restaurant or shopping center we can all hang out in.

#57 yobak3r

yobak3r

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

Well, your opinion is your opinion, I guess... But from an outsiders POV, it was just awkward and weird. I expected to hear you whimper "kazoo..." at any moment...

#58 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Cagcast 285 : buyer's remorse

#59 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

Cagcast 285 : buyer's remorse

hahahaha.

Man, people love to pick on ol' Womby.

#60 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

Get a load of this guy.

Actually, I think it does just that. Money can be exchanged for goods or services.

I can't believe three people thought my comment reference Shipwreck buying a PC on a whim was serious... April Fools!

I found it funny that Ship was nice enough to explain his decision to another CAG who seriously criticized him.
I won't lie though, I wish my gaming account had enough funds to purchase a gaming PC... right now my gaming account consists of about 30 dollars a month which I utilize to purchase used games from gamefly... thank CAG for Gamefly!!!!!!!! [insert Tebow gesture here!]