Photo
- - - - -

Vita PSN - Pinball Arcade - $9.99 - 7/21: Terminator 2: Judgment Day Kickstarter Funded!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Have they decided if they are going to offer more trophies for the new tables yet?

http://www.cheapassg...91&postcount=24

This?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#32 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yep. That.

edit: Has the change been implemented yet? (added the trophies)

Edited by Llamaw00d, 18 August 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#33 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

I don't think so. It seemed like that would come after the first trophy-filled DLC pack.

They announced on the PS Blogcast that the third table pack with Monster Bash and Gorgar will be out on Tuesday.

#34 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

They have added the trophies for the new tables (picked up all three packs).

#35 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

http://www.kickstart...eneration/posts

They passed their goal for Star Trek TNG the other day, though I don't see this one getting much of a bump at the end. They did mention some new stuff that's on the way:

We've been hinting that we'd make a licensing announcement if the project was successful, so here it is. We are excited to announce that we've signed a license with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark to bring the amazing Scared Stiff and Elvira and the Party Monsters tables to the Pinball Arcade! Elvira has been a longtime friend of pinball so this was not as difficult a license as the Twilight Zone or Star Trek. Consequently we don't need another Kickstarter campaign to fund it- it's definitely going to happen! Check out the video below!

#36 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I sped-read through this thread and didn't see it mentioned... quick question about cross-buy and the DLC tables:

I bought Pinball Arcade through PS+ on my PS3 and I have it for both PSN and Vita, which for $5 was a great deal for 4 decent tables. I'm thinking about expanding my collection but want to be sure: would any of these other table packs be cross-buy as well? So if I want them for Vita too, I'd buy them through the PSN Store on my PS3 and they'd be available for download on my Vita?

I have a feeling that the answer is "yes, it's a cross-buy for the tables" but I just want to be sure. Haven't quite figured out yet how to download stuff from my PS3 to my Vita so I'll get to work on that.

This game is great and as tempting as getting the Zen Pinball stuff for cross-play as well, I have 24 tables on XBL and I'm doing my best to not double-dip on that one. Williams has a coveted place in my heart for some great tables over the years and I'd love to continue supporting them. Playing them on the go is awesome!

#37 SScorpio

SScorpio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I have a feeling that the answer is "yes, it's a cross-buy for the tables" but I just want to be sure. Haven't quite figured out yet how to download stuff from my PS3 to my Vita so I'll get to work on that.

This game is great and as tempting as getting the Zen Pinball stuff for cross-play as well, I have 24 tables on XBL and I'm doing my best to not double-dip on that one. Williams has a coveted place in my heart for some great tables over the years and I'd love to continue supporting them. Playing them on the go is awesome!

Both Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 are cross buys for the tables. Buy on either the Vita or PS3, and you'll have both versions of the tables in your download list.

#38 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Both Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 are cross buys for the tables. Buy on either the Vita or PS3, and you'll have both versions of the tables in your download list.

Fantastic. Thanks very much for confirming!

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

http://blog.us.plays...able-out-today/

The Twilight Zone table will be out today with the PS Store update, so I'll be getting my code tomorrow.

#40 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

http://blog.us.plays...able-out-today/

The Twilight Zone table will be out today with the PS Store update, so I'll be getting my code tomorrow.

Thanks Frisky! Just the news I needed after this horrid year I've been having!
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#41 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Got my Kickstarter codes for the table, pro stuff, and the TZ pinball. I played a few rounds of the table and it's a pretty cool table.

#42 EspressoSnail

EspressoSnail

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

I have an extra code for the Twililghtzone table if someone would like it.

Gone!

Edited by EspressoSnail, 11 February 2013 - 09:28 AM.
code used

#43 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I have an extra code for the Twililghtzone table if someone would like it.

PM sent.

decept1.png

#44 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

http://blog.us.plays...mars-ps4-plans/

Howdy y’all… Bobby King of The Pinball Arcade here to give all the pinball fans out there the heads up on everything we have going on in March and make an awesome announcement!

This week at FarSight Studios, we’ve been packin’ up our new expo display and gettin’ ready to head to the Texas Pinball Festival to show off our latest tables and features!

March has always been one of my favorite months. The fact that we now get to spend a couple weekends each March at pinball shows has made it even better.

In Texas, we will be showing off the stereoscopic 3D support on PS3 that we just implemented. It looks amazing and really adds to the gameplay experience.

We will also be running contests each day to win a Cactus Canyon t-shirt, so if you’re in the area and like pinball – you should definitely stop by. You can check out our game and play unlimited real pinball for the price of admission – it’s a ton of fun!

Later this month, we’ll be releasing Star Trek: The Next Generation for PS3 and PS Vita on the 19th, and Table Pack 10 on the 26th which includes Gottlieb’s great widebody classic Genie and another one of our all-time favorite tables, Bally’s Attack from Mars.

Unfortunately, we can’t bring everyone to Texas – some guys have to stay back and work on the PS4 engine. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention…

THE PINBALL ARCADE IS COMING TO PS4!!!

We are super excited about this. Pinball Arcade looks really nice on PS3, but just wait until you see it on PS4! We’ll be adding rendering tech for per pixel ray casting, area lights/shadows, point lights and screen space ambient occlusion (which is a fancy way to say even more shadows). We’re very confident that we can add all of these features on the PS4 and maintain the smooth 60 fps that you need in a pinball game.

We’ll also be updating the physics and gameplay on all of the DLC tables we release. The Pinball Arcade on PS4 will be amazing!

Stay tuned next week for details on our release of the Star Trek: TNG table.

#45 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

http://www.kickstart...-2-judgment-day

Farsight has a new Kickstarter up for the Terminator 2: Judgment Day table at $59,000:

One of the licensed tables that we’ve always wanted to digitize is Terminator 2: Judgment Day. This table was released by Williams in 1991 and is unquestionably one of the greatest pinball tables of all time. It was designed by the legendary Steve Ritchie (who also designed Firepower, Black Knight, High Speed, and Star Trek: The Next Generation).  T2 was the first game by Williams to use a dot-matrix display. The table was also the first game to feature a video mode and a swing out cannon that can be fired by the player. It's one of our favorite tables ever!

We’ve succeeded in negotiating all of the licenses we’d need to digitize Terminator 2: Judgment Day and bring it to the Pinball Arcade. Unfortunately there are several licenses involved: in addition to the Williams license, we need a license for the Terminator 2 property, the actor likeness of the Terminator (Arnold Schwartzenegger) on the backglass and play field, and the right to use the actor voiceovers during gameplay.  When we add up the costs of each required license and calculate what we’d have to charge for the table, we’ve realized that the Terminator 2: Judgment Day is just not commercially viable. The more we charge for the table the fewer people will be able to buy it- and our goal is to expose as many people as possible to this great table, not just a select few.

Here’s where you come in!  The licenses for Terminator 2: Judgment Day will cost $66,000 (and that’s just for the licenses- we’ll cover all of the development expenses ourselves). Thanks to the amazing generosity of pinball fans throughout the world, our previous Kickstarter project for the Star Trek: The Next Generation pinball table raised $7,000 more than we needed for the Star Trek: licenses and we're applying this towards the license costs of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. If we can raise the remaining $59,000 we’ll be able to digitize Terminator 2: Judgment Day and preserve one of the greatest pinball tables of all time. If we don't reach our goal no credit cards will be charged, but if we raise more then the goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well, including the next table we'd really like to pursue- Bally's incredible classic The Addams Family!

#46 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

That's a fun game, but since I'm going to end up buying the season pass anyway, unless it looks like it's at risk of failing I'm going to have to bow out of the kickstarter. But it might fail, so we'll see. I'll keep my eye on it.

Crunchewy.png

#47 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

Some new things for this week:

Table Pack 13 is out now with White Water and Space Shuttle:

https://store.sonyen...DDCONT000000013

They're following up the Season 1 Bundle with a Season Pass for Season 2's tables for $29.99, which covers Table Packs 11-20. So you get Dr. Dude And His Excellent Ray, Firepower, Cactus Canyon, Central Park, White Water, Space Shuttle, Centaur, Pin*Bot, Champion Pub, Whirlwind, and another ten beyond that. Right now those first six are available from the first three packs of this season and people are saying Table Pack 14 is already available for Season Pass people.

https://store.sonyen...EASONPACK000002

There are pro versions of both if you want them.

#48 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

I need some friends on PSN who play this to compete on scores. I'm Crunchewy on PSN. Send me a FR. I'm playing this a lot on PS3 and Vita.

Crunchewy.png

#49 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

It looks like the Kickstarter should surpass the goal, as it's nearly at 57k of its 59k goal with three days to go.

#50 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

It looks like the Kickstarter should surpass the goal, as it's nearly at 57k of its 59k goal with three days to go.

Unreal - glad to hear it.  I thought I'd set myself a kickstarter reminder but apparently I missed it.  Used to have the T2 table at a laundromat I went to and I could chain together free games almost until my laundry was dry.  I'd love to play it again.  I'd like to just throw down and get all of the tables but it's such a hefty investment.  I've had some good luck lately, maybe today is the day.

#51 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I got the season 1 pack. I'm just waiting for our funds to make an upturn and then I'm going to get the season 2 pass.

Dumb thing - if you buy the season 1 pack (with only having the default 4 tables), it puts so many downloads in your queue on the PS3, including the Vita versions, that there are too many for the queue and some don't actually go on it. They should just download the PS3 versions and only download the Vita ones if you add them yourself. I ended up just downloading them directly on the Vita anyway, so now I need to go to the PS3 and delete all the Vita versions from there.

Also, only $9 to go! Definitely going to make it!

Crunchewy.png

#52 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

They're up to $62k now, so there will be a bit extra to apply towards the next Kickstarter. They name dropped in the update that The Addams Family table as likely being the next KS table.

#53 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

The Addams Family will be a great addition. I hope they include both standard TAF and TAF Gold.

Crunchewy.png

#54 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

At least on Vita, shooting the lower left scoop on White Water (for Gold Rush multiball) is nearly impossible, in part because there is no view available in which you can actually see the shot so you have to shoot blind and can't tell if you missed low or high. Plus the usual problems with sims where there are actually only a limited number of paths the ball can follow, and in this case I can't seem to find any that actually allow you to make the shot, at least from a caught ball. The only way I've hit it was by a chance bounce off the right slingshot. On a real White Water this shot is difficult, but not impossible by any means. I haven't tried it on PS3 to see if it's any better there. Now this wouldn't really matter much because it's not that big of a deal when playing normally, but one of the "standard goals" is to start that multiball.

The licenses for Terminator 2 were signed yesterday (or maybe this morning).

Crunchewy.png

#55 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

I got Gold Rush yesterday in White Water by just playing and getting bounces in there. White Water is such a fun game. I've now gotten Vacation Jackpot 3 times (once on PS3 and twice on Vita), which is 3 times more than I've gotten it in the real world. It's somewhat anti-climactic on Vita because you don't get a view of the entire playfield when it happens. You do on PS3. Of the Wizard goals the only one I have left on Vita is the 5-way combo. Not sure if I'll ever get that - tough! On PS3 I still have to get Gold Rush.

Crunchewy.png

#56 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

New table pack up as of a day or two ago I think. Champion Pub + Whirlwind. This is the first pack I've gotten since getting the season 2 season pass. The way this works is super clunky. I can't seem to download from within the game - it wants me to buy the pack anyway. I have to go to the store on the Vita (not on the website) and search for Champion Pub and then from there I can Download it. I also have to select the Pro upgrade and download that too (I have the Pro season pass - total pingeek :) ). If I try to do this from the website it just says "Unavailable" for the table pack. And now I will have to do this again on the PS3 to get it there. So dumb. I would have hoped this would have been simpler and more convenient. Oh well. Champion Pub is a lot of fun, and Whirlwind is a great game, so that all makes up for it in the end. :)

Crunchewy.png

#57 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

I played the Terminator 2 table on my Ouya since that's the platform I ended up choosing as my Kickstarter reward. It's pretty cool, though it has an annoyingly wide space between the flippers that the ball can easily go through without much of a way to avoid it.

#58 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Terminator 2 is a very fun game. I've played it on my iPad (that and 360 - cough - were my KS picks, because I have the season pass on PSN) but am looking forward to having it on the Vita.

Crunchewy.png

#59 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

http://blog.us.plays...ble-on-tuesday/

The Terminator 2 table will be out on Tuesday. They also announced that the PS4 version will be a launch title.

#60 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

T2 plays great except for the same bug that happens in the iOS version - sometimes the ball goes out the back of the T2 head.

Crunchewy.png