• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

F1 2011 (Xbox 360) $14.99 Metacritic 84

Was on sale this past weekend for $15.99, guess they didn't sell enough copies.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

2011? nah... gonna wait for the 2012 game to go on sale
Posted Image

#3 x360x

x360x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

F1 2012 isn't out yet. They always come out with the newest game in the fall of the current year. 2012 should be out in September

#4 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Really good game, worth buying.

#5 xblaze23

xblaze23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

bought it a few days ago when it was a dollar more. Recommend it to anyone wanting another racing option or simply looking to explore F1.

#6 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

The case I received has a hot pink "HOT NEW RELEASE" sticker on the back, outside the plastic wrap, as well as a blurry UPC sticker outside the plastic wrap. I thought this was odd, so I pulled back the "HOT NEW RELEASE" sticker to reveal that the packaging reads, "NOT FOR SALE OUTSIDE SOUTH AMERICA."

Anybody else who ordered this - please let us know if you got the same or a normal game?

I've always considered ordering from Newegg nearly on par with ordering from Amazon, but not if they're starting to pull this shit. Even GoGamer (RIP) had the honesty to indicate on the product page when they were selling an international version.

#7 xblaze23

xblaze23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

now that you mention it, it does have a "Not for Sale outside South America" above the UPC.

I really don't mind though. The game and VIP pass work fine as expected. Everything is in English.

#8 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

now that you mention it, it does have a "Not for Sale outside South America" above the UPC.

I really don't mind though. The game and VIP pass work fine as expected. Everything is in English.

Thanks for the info that everything seems to work OK. I didn't think the chance of an issue was high - it's more the principle that a merchant should disclose that the product is not the version intended/normally sold in this market. Also, some people collect games, and it would make a difference to them.

Based on the actual UPC (not the shoddy re-label) and a Google search, looks like these may have been intended for Brazil.

#9 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Debating if I should get this or Forza 3 Ultimate Edition. If get either one, might get that wireless speed wheel eventually as well.

#10 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

I think Newegg deals with questionable videogame distributors or just doesn't know what they're selling. It's happened before where there were issues like this with certain games. I haven't got mine yet, but I'll complain if it's not supposed to be sold in the US. I would think they could get in trouble with whoever enforces that. I also ordered forza, so hopefully that one is authentic.