[PS Vita] Assassin's Creed: Liberation - October 30th, 2012

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
5OFyF.png

OVERVIEW:

The year is 1765. As the events leading up to the American Revolution hear up in the North, Spanish forces plan to take control of Louisiana in the South - but they have year to reckon with Aveline, a deadly assassin who will use every weapon and availability in her arsenal to win freedom for her land and her people. - Official Website

Developer: Ubisoft Sofia
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Action Adventure
Online Play:
Local Play:
Release date:
  • October 30th, 2012

PREVIEWS:

SCREENSHOTS:

VIDEOS:

[youtube]7A06me5gbWc[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played the whole series on 360 so I'm not ready to switch, but I certainly wouldn't mind a little AC spin-off action on the Vita. I'd be happy with just a port of the multi-player on the cheap, really.

[quote name='Miami_13']Hmm I think I'd rather play AC3 on my PS3 and play a new AC on my Vita.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... I've played the others on the xbox so I am not going to switch now.. but if there is something that makes the game different I'm all in.

More fuel for the rumor fire: http://gamestatics.com/new-details/assassins-creed-3-liberation-vita-revealed-brand-details/

•Its out same day as Asassins Creed 3 (oct30)
•Female assassin named Aveline of mixed heritage (French/Black)
•Looks like same time period as AC3
•Ubisoft sofia is developing
•Takes place during 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the french and indian war
•One of the bullet points is that it’s “true AC gameplay”
•Will not connect to Desmond
•Will have “multiplayer specifically tailored to the vita experience”
•”The game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo,who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a templar”
•Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans
•Wildlife like alligators “wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters”
•Liberation will also take players across the Gulf into Mexico”
•Game will take place in “Large gameplay areas,you can run,climb,fight,and explore the entirety of New Orleans without loading a new area.”

If true, then AWESOME!. Since I haven't followed the series on consoles I'll likely cancel my PS3 pre-order for AC3 and put it on this. I just want a proper, portable AC.

Sounds interesting.

But if it was abstergo propaganda you would think you would be a templar, so thinking dark story? Or am I reading too much into it

LOL, IGN says take it with a grain of salt. Ya know, since UBISOFT won't confirm. Why the crap would anyone go to that much trouble to do such an awesome fake?

[quote name='captaintek3304']Anyone else hoping for a bundle with the PS3 game? Kind of like some retailers did for MLB 12?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SynGamer']cross-link with the PS3/AC3 will include unlocks for the Vita version.

AND a white Vita bundle.[/QUOTE]you know this is coming just add 8 GB memory & it'll be a Vita GH or whatever they'll call it by summer 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viqh2YlBNrA

That's nice, but I'll be enjoying the game this fall for $40. Not worth waiting 8 months for summer 2013 just to save ~$20 :)

[quote name='SynGamer']That's nice, but I'll be enjoying the game this fall for $40. Not worth waiting 8 months for summer 2013 just to save ~$20 :)[/QUOTE]didn't mean to wait for it to become a $20 GH just saying it'll sell well & become 1. You'll be able to score it for $20 using CAG by years end.

pretty excited for this, any word on pricing for the bundle? If it isn't too steep, might considering selling my Vita and picking this bundle up.

[quote name='DCpinoy']pretty excited for this, any word on pricing for the bundle? If it isn't too steep, might considering selling my Vita and picking this bundle up.[/QUOTE]no more than $50 extra depending on what else they throw in could be a DL game + memory.

[quote name='orntar']crap!

I smell a price drop[/QUOTE]

It's so weird that so many people are expecting a price drop - like Sony is a totally different company than it has been the past 15 years. What Nintendo did with the 3ds was really unusual for this industry and it definitely worked for them as since the price cut they've obliterated every other console with 3ds sales (in Japan).

But as far as Sony goes, the first PSP bundle came out 7 years ago at the same price as the Vita wifi ($250). It was quickly replaced with a bundle where they removed some items ($199), and then it took 2 years after that for a $30 price drop to $170. While Sony could certainly decide to go the Nintendo route, I wouldn't bank on it, especially four months after release and when US/EU sales were better than Japan's (and Japan's picked up last week and are expected to increase with the release of Persona and MGS).

Of course, I'd love a price drop too - the more people that buy these things the better the likelihood that developers would be willing to work on it. Just don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='orntar']fact is: vita wifi for $250, or vita wifi with a game for $250.

make sense? doesn't to me.[/QUOTE]

plus you get the 4GB memory card.

[quote name='SynGamer']Reports have said multiplayer is more like a card-based game of Risk, still waiting for reviews to find out the details.[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft is playing the multiplayer "card" a little too close to their chest for the Vita version. Too bad it won't be a full MP experience.

Played for a little bit before the kid commandeered my Vita tonight. Gorgeous graphics, definitely plays like an AC game. The different outfits add an interesting dimension to the game. I like it a lot so far.

Any word on length? I'm considering grabbing this from Target (along with Rangarok (sp?) and Most Wanted Vita) but don't want to be disappointed by a 5 hour single player campaign and no real MP experience.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Any word on length? I'm considering grabbing this from Target (along with Rangarok (sp?) and Most Wanted Vita) but don't want to be disappointed by a 5 hour single player campaign and no real MP experience.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly some have found Ragnarok at Target but they seem to have a pretty limited release so I wouldn't count on all Target's carrying it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Supposedly some have found Ragnarok at Target but they seem to have a pretty limited release so I wouldn't count on all Target's carrying it.[/QUOTE]

You can try using this link to search for it, but I'm not totally sold on the new stock locator method for Target and can't say whether or not this would be accurate.

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14275924

Side note: I've only been to two Targets this week but neither one had AC Liberation either.

[quote name='handsomepete']You can try using this link to search for it, but I'm not totally sold on the new stock locator method for Target and can't say whether or not this would be accurate.

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14275924

Side note: I've only been to two Targets this week but neither one had AC Liberation either.[/QUOTE]

For AC Liberation you have to check on the endcap because its not located in the normal PS Vita spot.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Supposedly some have found Ragnarok at Target but they seem to have a pretty limited release so I wouldn't count on all Target's carrying it.[/QUOTE]

Proof? It clearly says on the site not sold in-stores and the locator shows nothing within 60 miles of two different zipcodes... :(

Bought this yesterday along with NFS:MW via a B2G1 free coupon I had as part of Best Buy's Reward Zone Gamer program. Was really hoping they'd have RO but it's not even listed on their website.

Picked it get at Target today. We should get some folks together who want to try out this cool asynchronous multiplayer mode.

Add me on PSN if you want to play!

I feel like an idiot. I can't get the multiplayer to do anything. Any hints? I select a home node and then I'm stuck, can't do anything, can't exit.

[quote name='handsomepete']I feel like an idiot. I can't get the multiplayer to do anything. Any hints? I select a home node and then I'm stuck, can't do anything, can't exit.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here... at this rate I'll never get platinum :cry:

[quote name='SynGamer']Proof? It clearly says on the site not sold in-stores and the locator shows nothing within 60 miles of two different zipcodes... :([/QUOTE]

I only have anecdotal evidence from Reddit, hence my use of "supposedly."

Is this game canon? Should I not play it until I play the main games (I still need to play from AC2 on) or is it its own separate story?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is this game canon? Should I not play it until I play the main games (I still need to play from AC2 on) or is it its own separate story?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that it's not canon - so far story wise it doesn't have much of anything to do with anything except for the word 'Templar' sprinkled in here and there. You miss a teensy bit from not seeing the evolution of Abstergo's 'product' in AC:B and R to now (only a multiplayer thing I think) but that's really plot irrelevant, just fun.

On a side note jumping through trees is pretty neat in this. Makes me excited to dig in to the console version.

[quote name='Kotomine']Same problem here... at this rate I'll never get platinum :cry:[/QUOTE]

I still can't tell what the hell is going on now that it's working. I even read the manual. I suspect it just sucks and that's all there is.

[quote name='handsomepete']I'm going to guess that it's not canon - so far story wise it doesn't have much of anything to do with anything except for the word 'Templar' sprinkled in here and there. You miss a teensy bit from not seeing the evolution of Abstergo's 'product' in AC:B and R to now (only a multiplayer thing I think) but that's really plot irrelevant, just fun.

On a side note jumping through trees is pretty neat in this. Makes me excited to dig in to the console version.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks, I'll probably start playin it soon then.

bread's done
Back