[PS Vita] Assassin's Creed: Liberation - October 30th, 2012

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Since when did this have multiplayer in it? How exciting.

http://www.ps3trophi...pletionist.html

#32 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Since when did this have multiplayer in it? How exciting.

http://www.ps3trophi...pletionist.html

Reports have said multiplayer is more like a card-based game of Risk, still waiting for reviews to find out the details.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#33 chronosnes

chronosnes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Reports have said multiplayer is more like a card-based game of Risk, still waiting for reviews to find out the details.

Ubisoft is playing the multiplayer "card" a little too close to their chest for the Vita version. Too bad it won't be a full MP experience.

#34 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Played for a little bit before the kid commandeered my Vita tonight. Gorgeous graphics, definitely plays like an AC game. The different outfits add an interesting dimension to the game. I like it a lot so far.

#35 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Any word on length? I'm considering grabbing this from Target (along with Rangarok (sp?) and Most Wanted Vita) but don't want to be disappointed by a 5 hour single player campaign and no real MP experience.

#36 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Any word on length? I'm considering grabbing this from Target (along with Rangarok (sp?) and Most Wanted Vita) but don't want to be disappointed by a 5 hour single player campaign and no real MP experience.

Supposedly some have found Ragnarok at Target but they seem to have a pretty limited release so I wouldn't count on all Target's carrying it.

#37 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Supposedly some have found Ragnarok at Target but they seem to have a pretty limited release so I wouldn't count on all Target's carrying it.

You can try using this link to search for it, but I'm not totally sold on the new stock locator method for Target and can't say whether or not this would be accurate.

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14275924

Side note: I've only been to two Targets this week but neither one had AC Liberation either.

#38 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

You can try using this link to search for it, but I'm not totally sold on the new stock locator method for Target and can't say whether or not this would be accurate.

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14275924

Side note: I've only been to two Targets this week but neither one had AC Liberation either.

For AC Liberation you have to check on the endcap because its not located in the normal PS Vita spot.

#39 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Stopped by and picked up AC:L, NFS:MW, and LBP:V with the possibility of trading in LBP for RO when they (hopefully) get some in.

#40 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Proof? It clearly says on the site not sold in-stores and the locator shows nothing within 60 miles of two different zipcodes... :(

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#41 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Bought this yesterday along with NFS:MW via a B2G1 free coupon I had as part of Best Buy's Reward Zone Gamer program. Was really hoping they'd have RO but it's not even listed on their website.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#42 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

First reviews:
IGN (7.2/10): http://www.ign.com/a...beration-review
Game Informer (7.75/10): http://www.gameinfor...ion-review.aspx
Gamesradar (3/5): http://www.gamesrada...eration-review/
Posted Image

#43 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Picked it get at Target today. We should get some folks together who want to try out this cool asynchronous multiplayer mode.

Add me on PSN if you want to play!

#44 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I feel like an idiot. I can't get the multiplayer to do anything. Any hints? I select a home node and then I'm stuck, can't do anything, can't exit.

#45 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

I feel like an idiot. I can't get the multiplayer to do anything. Any hints? I select a home node and then I'm stuck, can't do anything, can't exit.

Same problem here... at this rate I'll never get platinum :cry:

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#46 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Proof? It clearly says on the site not sold in-stores and the locator shows nothing within 60 miles of two different zipcodes... :(

I only have anecdotal evidence from Reddit, hence my use of "supposedly."

#47 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Is this game canon? Should I not play it until I play the main games (I still need to play from AC2 on) or is it its own separate story?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#48 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Is this game canon? Should I not play it until I play the main games (I still need to play from AC2 on) or is it its own separate story?

I'm going to guess that it's not canon - so far story wise it doesn't have much of anything to do with anything except for the word 'Templar' sprinkled in here and there. You miss a teensy bit from not seeing the evolution of Abstergo's 'product' in AC:B and R to now (only a multiplayer thing I think) but that's really plot irrelevant, just fun.

On a side note jumping through trees is pretty neat in this. Makes me excited to dig in to the console version.

Same problem here... at this rate I'll never get platinum :cry:

I still can't tell what the hell is going on now that it's working. I even read the manual. I suspect it just sucks and that's all there is.

#49 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm going to guess that it's not canon - so far story wise it doesn't have much of anything to do with anything except for the word 'Templar' sprinkled in here and there. You miss a teensy bit from not seeing the evolution of Abstergo's 'product' in AC:B and R to now (only a multiplayer thing I think) but that's really plot irrelevant, just fun.

On a side note jumping through trees is pretty neat in this. Makes me excited to dig in to the console version.

Sweet, thanks, I'll probably start playin it soon then.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#50 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Screw 'direct the rear camera toward a bright light'. Seriously.

#51 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I've read of people having problems with this, but I've had none whatsoever - do I just have brighter lights in my house or something?

#52 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I've read of people having problems with this, but I've had none whatsoever - do I just have brighter lights in my house or something?

I found that the only way it would work for me was to open up safari on the ipad to a blank page and get rid of the keyboard so it's just a big white screen. Still takes some experimenting though. Sucks that there's a full synch requirement on one mission that requires you to complete everything in 5 minutes and it has one of these light things.

#53 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

Agreed. On a similar subject, I wish they wouldn't have crammed in all these forced touch based features, it's really dampening my experience with the game. It wouldn't be an issue if they worked the way they're supposed to or if they opt to let us use button controls instead but as it stands something as 'simple' as pick-pocketing is a hassle. Also don't get me started on the
Spoiler

Don't get me wrong though I really enjoy this game, even some of the touch features. I just wish they would stop cramming all these unnecessary gimmicks down our throats with every Vita game. Just my $.02

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#54 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Welp, seems I just hit one of the save file ruining bugs at 92% synch. Piss. Watch yourselves after you finish sequence 8.

http://forums.ubi.co...-corruption-bug (there may be spoilers in this thread, I dunno)

#55 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

I'm on sequence 3 and am thinking of trading it in. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it just doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game. The controls feel jank and there's really no back story to tie this into the rest of the lore. I wish they would have just used the standard formula...

#56 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Agreed. On a similar subject, I wish they wouldn't have crammed in all these forced touch based features, it's really dampening my experience with the game. It wouldn't be an issue if they worked the way they're supposed to or if they opt to let us use button controls instead but as it stands something as 'simple' as pick-pocketing is a hassle. Also don't get me started on the

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong though I really enjoy this game, even some of the touch features. I just wish they would stop cramming all these unnecessary gimmicks down our throats with every Vita game. Just my $.02

Haven't started ACL yet but that's exactly how I felt about Uncharted. "Oh boy, more charcoal rubbings! Lets clean off this dusty sword!" Sad to hear it may be a trend on the Vita. Not a dealbreaker by any means but its annoying and unnecessary.

#57 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...-to-be-squashe/

Patch incoming for save corruption bug.