Is anyone else NOT all that excited for E3 this year?

blueshinra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm just not looking forward to it this year. Don't know if I'll even watch the press conference livestreams from the console makers like I always do (but then I would miss the CAG IRC chats, which are always fun :p). It's not my current backlog that's bugging me, since I'm making a point of paring it down a lot this year. It's just... there's not much I want or need to see more of that's already been announced, and I'm not sure that anything new that gets shown would be all that interesting to me.

Some of the games that I don't need to know much more about:

- Halo 4 - In spoiler avoidance mode for this one, since I only play the campaigns (yes, I'm weird). Cautiously optimistic anyway, at least as far as graphics go, since I didn't like some of the character models in Halo Anniversary.
- Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4 - A lot of "part 4" sequels here :p Anyway, really looking forward to these two, more than most other games, but their North American releases are inevitable. All I need at this point are release dates.
- The next two StarCraft II installments - See Halo 4, but discard the note about the graphics. They're also going to be PC games, and PC games aren't exactly E3's core strength.
- Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 - I already know they're going to be supremely addictive :D

I also don't need to know more about the Wii U, since I've already decided against getting one. Would love to see a 3DS hardware revision, but not holding my breath. Unsure about the next Xbox and PlayStation, if they even get announced this year.

Some games that I wouldn't mind seeing more of, but I'm not super-hyped about:

- Grand Theft Auto V and Assassin's Creed III - I don't play either of these series (well, nowadays in the case of GTA), but my husband does and I enjoy these as a spectator, especially AssCreed. Curious about these new installments but don't absolutely have to see more.
- Sly 4 - Because I don't have a PS3! Also, the time travel bit seems contrived.
- The Last Guardian - Again, I don't have a PS3!
- Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3 (Rocket Slime 2) - I don't have a 3DS! Yet. Localization is not inevitable here, but it's not a total must have, either.

Okay, there is one exception to the above-- a game that I'd really like to know more about:

- "Destiny", aka Bungie's Next Game - That's pretty much it, though.

There's also Nippon Ichi's 20th anniversary game, which was announced recently and doesn't even have a name yet, but we won't see that at E3.

I'm also wondering what certain studios (Platinum, Retro, Sonic Team/Dimps, Valve, etc.) are up to these days, but eh, not chomping at the bit for a reveal or anything.

So yeah, a bit apathetic. Am I alone in this?

I'm always interested in new game announcements. But as far as stuff that's already announced, the only thing I'm curious about is the Wii-U. I hope the rumors about the nubs being switched to analog sticks is true.

I'm kinda meh on it this year.

I really am not hyped about the Wii U at all and most of the big AAA titles have already been announced.

I'll still check it out, but I am not really expecting anything to "WOW" me at this point.

Things I'm hoping to see:

- More on WiiU. Depending on what it's like, I might buy it. But I'm hoping to see more of what it can do.

-GTA 5. Normally hate the GTA games, but after Red Dead, I'm hoping they found a way to make it a tad more fun and make me care about the character more.

-Borderlands 2. The first game was one of my favorites. Can't wait for the second.

-Dust 514. Hoping to see how it works, not just HEAR how it works.

- Assassins Creed 3 - Want to see what the world actually looks like that he'll be running around in. It can't be mostly woods...can it?

I'm excited for all the news to hit in a way I can scroll through and pick out the big announcements. But I'm not excited to watch live press conferences where you have to wait for them to mention something cool or just not mention anything at all.

I was feeling pretty "meh" about it until yesterday, then I read this. Granted it is only rumor and speculation at this point but if it's a 2D Metroidvania then this alone will make E3 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
but Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4 are on 3DS, which you don't have :p

Anyway the point of E3 is to see some unannounced stuff for me.

Couldn't care less about it. My interest in gaming is waning a bit, and I have a decent backlog to get through, so I'm just not interested in upcoming releases much.

A few things like Halo 4, Bioshock Infinite etc., but I don't really care about seeing new footage etc.

Only games I really care about seeing footage on is Dishonored,and The Last of Us.Every other game,I already know what am getting so I don't care for more footage on them.Also looking forward to see what new games are getting announced,but I get the news after the press conferences,since their really boring as hell.

are you nuts. the wii u is launching by xmas and we might get a ps4 and 720 preview

i know a lot of Big youtubers are actually getting invited to e3 too. look forward to their coverage. as far what ign or g4 covers on it, ya screw that. :)

[quote name='themaster20000']Only games I really care about seeing footage on is Dishonored,and The Last of Us.Every other game,I already know what am getting so I don't care for more footage on them.Also looking forward to see what new games are getting announced,but I get the news after the press conferences,since their really boring as hell.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot about The Last of Us. I'd be interested in seeing some gameplay for that since I know nothing about it beyond that initial story trailer.

[quote name='62t']but Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4 are on 3DS, which you don't have :p[/QUOTE]
Not yet! Waiting for those two to come out, mainly. There's no real reason for me to have one right now.

The Nippon Ichi game artwork is currently my phone's wallpaper... I love Noizi Ito.

But yea, I'm not exited about it either. Nothing I can think of that I really have to play, other than EO4.

its not the big magical deal it used to be with pretty much the whole damn show being broadcast on hundreds of websites all over. plus the only new console is wiiu which i dont give a shit about so yeah i dont care about e3. i will be curious to see if nintendo releases a new 3ds design id really like a 3ds but we all know how they love to redo their handhelds so until i see a new one i wont buy.

id also like some news on new games like completely new ips kind of getting bored with all the sequels and prequels.

I never am. E3 is usually overhyped every year with people setting expectations WAY too high, then I see multiple thread of people complaining they were disappointed. I've seen this happen the last 10 years.

[quote name='Kotomine']I was feeling pretty "meh" about it until yesterday, then I read this. Granted it is only rumor and speculation at this point but if it's a 2D Metroidvania then this alone will make E3 for me.[/QUOTE]
nice

Except for the stuff we see at e3 might take 2 or more years to come out (Kid Icarus), so really, its a lot of hype. I really don't think I am at the point where I can get exited about waiting 2 years for a game like Kid Icarus to come out, its just not something that is that important to me at this point in my life. Lets face it people the game is not that great, and 2 years is a very long time to wait for a mediocre, very hyped up game. Yet this game was hyped up to be the best video game to be released in the last 10 years. A lot of things change in just 2 years technology wise. In the end its just another video game, like every other video game, if I can't get it for under $10, I am not buying it at this point. 1 video game release is not the second coming people, its just another form of entertainment. Sure these games are nice to have, and its nice to know what is on the horizon... but its not the end of the world or the second coming.

As far as the new consoles, not even interested until they reach something like a $200 price point and the second hardware revision comes out.

I can't get excited about a new console because
A. Launch games WILL drop in price
B. Hardware will drop in price as well
C. Better hardware revisions will come

Launch games will drop to $5 each at some point, and buying at launch is just foolish, if you are on this site, you obviously know why you are here, to save money on video games! Not to mention the after-launch drought which happens with every console, I learned my lesson with this one, but thankfully the system I learned from didn't cost $300 or more dollars.

Also, all launch hardware from last gen has failed, the PS3 has YLOD, the Xbox 360 has RROD, and the Wii had GPU problems, though that was the least severe of the 3. However I am really not interested in spending large amounts of money on something that will undoubtedly break in 3-5 years, if last gen is any indication. Especially when hardware will be revised and will drop in price. How many original launch Xbox 360's and PS3's are still running with moderate to heavy use, I bet not too many.

The big announcement games that usually get me excited/blow me away are always going to be a year+ away (Same with the VGA announcements), so this year I'm just going to casually view all the information this year.

Im actually quite interested this year. Possible price drops on consoles, game announcements, and previews for Dishonored, Last of Us, AC3, etc. And hopefully a new console reveal or two.

I love E3. And go ahead and pick on me, but it's the only gaming moment every year that I enjoy the hype. Every dedicated gamer should at least stay updated with trends and announcements.

So far I'm feeling kind of "meh" on the whole thing this year. Hopefully there will be some good surprises.

I'm relatively interested but not crazy excited or anything. I'm ready for the next gen PS and Xbox.

I'm still plenty excited for a couple games though. Hopefully The Last Of Us will get a release date and I also want to see some game play of Dishonored. Very excited for both of those.

Edit: I posted before reading through and I see others are looking forward to the same games. This is a good thing. Both of these games could be huge. I'm hoping for Collectors Editions on at least one of them. A mask or figure, art book, and soundtrack for Dishonored I think could be pretty bad ass.

I'm not looking to be surprised by anything, but I would like to see more Borderlands 2 gameplay of other characters. Tired of just seeing gameplay of the Gunzerker.

I would also like to see Dawnguard, the DLC for Skyrim, just because it's Skryim and I've been waiting for Skyrim DLC since launch.

That's about it for me. However, if Bioware would just announce Jade Empire 2, I would forgive them for ME3's ending. Probably not, though.

Well I'm excited.

[quote name='dan13l858']I'm excited. It's one of my favorite vacations of the year. I get to see some old friends and make some new ones.[/QUOTE]

You're going too? Which company do you work for?

[quote name='ihadFG']I'm always interested in new game announcements. But as far as stuff that's already announced, the only thing I'm curious about is the Wii-U. I hope the rumors about the nubs being switched to analog sticks is true.[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to say those aren't rumors considering the leaked pic sported analog sticks.

Anywho, I wholly expect an announcement for Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney getting localized. Anything less and I'd consider the entire event a disappointment. /possiblehyperbole

i would like to see a new metal gear and kojima telling us about it. I can't wait to see pikmin 3 and the wii U. New mario, zelda, metroid and pikmin... mmmmmmm nintendo and pikmin!

I am actually excited to see Nintendo and Sony this year, I could care less about galo 4 and M$, but maybe they will show me something I am interested in. There's always a first for everything!

Looking forward to seeing gameplay of The Last of Us and Assassin's Creed III - however the surprise announcements are what I enjoy the most of E3. I'm hoping for a surprise trailer for the next Super Smash Bros. Nintendo absolutely needs to generate hype for the Wii U and if they have any hope of doing so they would be wise to do this. Can anyone remember how awesome the reveal trailer was for Brawl?

I'm surprised that this year hasn't been like last year. I remember every company thought they'd get early press the week before E3 to the point that nearly everything was known by the time E3 actually hit.

As for this year, kinda ho-hum for me with Bioshock and Tomb Raider bumped. Like the OP I've mostly decided against Nintendo's latest gimmicky system. Although I do want to see Pikmin 3 in action. The few things I do want to see/hear about are Halo 4, Borderlands 2 and CoD:BO2 zombie mode.

The only real surprise I kinda want is news on the next Xbox.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Couldn't care less about it. My interest in gaming is waning a bit, [/QUOTE]

Hasn't it been waning for about 8 years now? Shouldn't your interest be at zero by now? :)

[quote name='Corvin']
Hasn't it been waning for about 8 years now? Shouldn't your interest be at zero by now? :)[/QUOTE]

It's ebbed and flowed. :D Spiked up for a couple of years after I got a 360 in 2007. But has been waning slowly since late 2009 as I just haven't had near the free time after finishing grad school and starting my job.

But it's still not down to zero. I'm chipping away at my backlog and there are a few upcoming games like Bioshock Infinite and Halo 4 I'll probably pick up. But I doubt I'll buy any next gen consoles as I just don't think I'll have another spike in interest to justify that, and my free time isn't going to increase anytime soon.

I'm primarily interested in hearing more about Nintendo's new console. While I'm not likely to get it anytime soon (True of any new console considering my backlog), I do have an interest in it.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle']Anywho, I wholly expect an announcement for Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney getting localized. Anything less and I'd consider the entire event a disappointment. /possiblehyperbole[/QUOTE]
Forgot about that one. Capcom's passing on the localization of AAI2 didn't exactly keep me hyped for it...

Ya I'm gonna watch the streams here at work, though to be honest I'm not sure why. I'm excited for some games, but I don't like spoiling so much about the game before playing it.

Just want to see if they show another GTAV trailer, Wii-U stuff, possible Ps4/720 announcement, Vita or Move Price drop. MS has been the weakest link, for me at least, for 4 years. All they have for me is Gears. Since Alan Wake is on the PC.

E3 just got way more awesome...

teaser-august--610b.jpg

[quote name='Ryuukishi']E3 just got way more awesome...

teaser-august--610b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh you Gears fanboy.

Yeah, I saw something about it on twittars. I thought three ended the whole war, guess not.

[quote name='jello44']Oh you Gears fanboy.

Yeah, I saw something about it on twittars. I thought three ended the whole war, guess not.[/QUOTE]
Prequel probably.

I'd imagine the next Gears game would be a prequel set during the pendulum wars given they mentioned that several times in Gears 3.

I'm mainly interested in seeing Dawnguard in full action, and see if Injustice is DC fighting game superior b/c it no longer has to shoe-in the fatality mechanic of MK.

I'm not excited for anything really... I'm just too old to care and nothing really surprises me anymore. Let me guess... there will be a shit-ton of announcements/premieres of sequels to existing franchises (mostly FPS games), there will be a few new IPs shown that go largely ignored, Nintendo will do something that everyone thinks is insane and then people will talk about how disappointing E3 was overall.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']And maybe by People Can Fly.[/QUOTE]
That would make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if it's built in the Gears 3 engine and ties into the Gears 3 multiplayer, Halo ODST style.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'd imagine the next Gears game would be a prequel set during the pendulum wars given they mentioned that several times in Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Prequel probably.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah..

Cover does look like Marcus being taken away.

I really doubt anything will come close to the E3 2004 Zelda reveal (oddly enough, TP is almost NOTHING like that demo) . I hope Nintendo will surprise us. I could really care less about SONY or Microsoft because I'm usually not majorly dissapointed.

bread's done
Back