2 Free game rentals at Redbox (Exp 8/1/2012) (New code expires 7/16)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Update: There's a new code for another rental, expires July 16th (use to be June 16th but they changed it. Possible to get a 2nd code with this). Unconfirmed if you can use both codes on the same credit card

[quote name='louiedog']I went to the movies today and there was a Redbox ad before showtime. Text "screen" without quotes to the same number (727272). I got a code that expires on the 16th for my first night rental. I assume I can use it on the same account as the tryus code, but haven't checked for sure.

I don't know if it's worth creating a new thread or if the OP wants to update this one as it's still going on.[/QUOTE]

----------------

Original:

This is a new offer separate from the other Redbox thread.

Text "tryus" to 727272. 1 unique code to rent for 1 night. Expires 8/1/2012 11:59 PM CST

1 code per phone. Must be a mobile phone (not Google Voice)

Some tips:

-Check availability of games online before you head out: https://www.redbox.com/games. Not every game is rented out at Redbox. You can aslo download an app for iOS if you want to check on the go

-You CANNOT reserve the game online with the code. The code must be redeemed physically at the Redbox kiosk.

-To maximize rental period, rent your game at 12:01 AM at your time zone. The game will be due the following night at 9:00 PM. You will effectively have nearly 2 days for 1 free rental period. If you don't return the game by 9:00 PM, you'll be charged $2.00 + tax

Games coming soon for rental:

June 5th - Madagascar 3 (PS3/Wii/Xbox 360), DreamWorks Super Star Kartz (Wii)
June 12th - Epic Mickey (Wii)
June 26th - The Amazing Spider-Man (X360/Wii)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal.
tgbnhjkl
Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Thanks.

I forgot what time to rent so we can keep for 2 days...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure specifically; things are due back by 9PM, so I don't know if you can rent at 9:05 and keep it for 2 days, or if you have to wait until after midnight. Quick, someone tell me, because I have 5 days off this weekend.

what condition are Redbox's games usually in? I always feel leery putting used stuff in my systems, much less rental junk. Ive gotten BD's from them before that look ok, but are usually covered in fingerprints and gunk.

Im assuming PS3 games are probably ok, but what about 360 games? DVD's seem to get chewed up really bad at gamestop a lot so i can only imagine a rental one. I just bought a new ps3 to replace my dead fat and would rather not stick a used rental game in it.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm not sure specifically; things are due back by 9PM, so I don't know if you can rent at 9:05 and keep it for 2 days, or if you have to wait until after midnight. Quick, someone tell me, because I have 5 days off this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I think it's after midnight, but I'm not 100% sure. If not midnight it's later than that.

It's midnight.

Your rentals are due back by 9pm on the following day. The day doesn't change until 12.

Renting at 12:01 gives you the most time, while renting at 11:59 would give you the least.
[quote name='technicalstylez']lol max payne 360 only rents the 1st disc, so u only get 1/2 the single player campaign.[/QUOTE]

Really? wow thanks for the heads up. I was planning on grabbing this and cranking it out, looks like I'll have to get it ps3.

[quote name='whoknows']I think it's after midnight, but I'm not 100% sure. If not midnight it's later than that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fujimitsu']It's midnight.

Your rentals are due back by 9pm on the following day. The day doesn't change until 12.

Renting at 12:01 gives you the most time, while renting at 11:59 would give you the least.[/QUOTE]

Yup. And this is assuming the machine you rent from and return to are both in the same time zone (for those of you who live near time zone lines).

See the example in #1 of the official terms here: http://www.redbox.com/rentalterms

12:01am is the best time.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='whoknows']I think it's after midnight, but I'm not 100% sure. If not midnight it's later than that.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive it's after midnight. Because the game is due back the next day at 9:00pm. So if you rent it at 12:05, you basically get it for 45 hours. Not really too big of a deal for those of us who work and sleep though. Except for weekends I guess...

EDIT: Oops, forgot I opened this tab like 10 minutes ago. Ninja'd by like 5 people.

Got one - thanks OP! To clarify, the code you receive expires 8/1. I was wondering if I it was the opportunity to text for one that would expire then and perhaps the code was only good the day you requested it, but no, it is good until 8/1.

Said yes to subscribe to games. I take it this is from redbox itself?

Either way, thanks OP. That's a lot of time for make up my mind what to rent.

Thanks for the heads up Wario.
Might get Max Payne. Not looking to beat it, only try it out. So only one disc doesnt bother me.

I rent at 12:01 on friday night sat morning and you get it through sunday at 9. Did it for Uncharted 3.

Max Payne on easy is 11 hours

Max Payne 3 only took me about 10-11 hours on hard, of course ymmv

Get the PS3 version or else you won't get the full game

X360 version only has half of the single player + multiplayer

[quote name='endgamer77']is this one code per account or one code per day?[/QUOTE]

One code per phone

I'm guessing you can use it on more than 1 credit card if you have more than 1 code. Probably even use more than 1 code on the same credit card too.

This was on slickdeals the other day but for some reason wasn't quite active. Now it is. DANKE SCHON OP!

[quote name='Wario64']One code per phone

I'm guessing you can use it on more than 1 credit card if you have more than 1 code. Probably even use more than 1 code on the same credit card too.[/QUOTE]

Nope. One unique code per phone, not per CC.

I got an extra code from my gf, cousin and mother in the last hour.

[quote name='Calipso']Nope. One unique code per phone, not per CC.

I got an extra code from my gf, cousin and mother in the last hour.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just got my Sister, 2 nephews, brother in law and niece to get me one each. Need to call my Dad and ask him.

[quote name='Calipso']Nope. One unique code per phone, not per CC.

I got an extra code from my gf, cousin and mother in the last hour.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said 1 per phone, but if you have more than 1 code I'm guessing you can use them all on 1 credit card. If not, just use multiple cc's

So if I get the code now (so I don't forget) does it not expire until 8/1? I'm going to wait and use this for the next time I have a full weekend off...which might be a while. I don't want to grab the code now though if it expires within 48 hours or something weird like that.

[quote name='captaintek3304']So if I get the code now (so I don't forget) does it not expire until 8/1? I'm going to wait and use this for the next time I have a full weekend off...which might be a while. I don't want to grab the code now though if it expires within 48 hours or something weird like that.[/QUOTE]

The code itself expires on 8/1, just grab it now and save it in a safe place, save it in notepad, etc. I personally just made a screenshot on my iPhone

The only Redbox in town that had Max Payne had gotten hit up before I got there.
The codes from the past couple days and today mark the first time I have ever tried Redbox and from what I have seen, the games are cleared out at any given RB location.

I'll snag one tomorrow. Maybe they'll have Asura's Wrath. When do you have to return the game? The next day by 9?

Edit: My closest one has Max Payne 3. I never finished the first two so I might finish them first before I hit them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back