Photo
- - - - -

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#391 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

How do you check that? Curious;)

Add it to your cart, and then adjust the amount in your cart. Mine shipped today. I'm excited to get it. It's certainly not perfect, but still looks pretty cool!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#392 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Why would you spend $150 clams on something that is a subpar product and mostly just dlc codes?!?

I think you just add as many as you can to that cart. If they don't have that many, it will adjust to the number they do have.

EDIT: Wasn't fast enough.

#393 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Some guy unboxing the xbox one.

#394 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Hmm, after watching the video it still doesn't seem like it'd be worth it. The soundtrack and statue are cool but I'd rather wait for it to be cheaper.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#395 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

so its $150 and dont even inlude all street fighter game in colelction.. y not... y rip us off... o i get it its capcom so the extras will be FUTURE DLC SARACSMM

Look this is a great collection for sf fans. Granted its a little expensive and should have been around $100 but nonetheless it's a great collection. It's really a moot point complaining about dlc since well that's the only way to get it. Last I heard these games work fine without the costume packs. Also this game pretty much has the whole collection (the ps3 version anyway) of definitive versions of street fighte 2, sf 3, sf4, xtekken, and the alpha series. That's a whole lot of gaming. Yes sf fans have bought these already but show me where I can find an anthology of street fighter music. The only thing I wished the included was the van damme movie and the sf V series, but they had licensing issues with those. Give credit where credits due, capcom gave fans something awesome. When has any other company celebrated there franchise like this. Nintendo could learn a thing or two from them.

#396 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

I just came back empty handed from GameStop where I preordered this. They apparently only had two come in and they appeared to have been just carelessly tossed into a shipping box at distribution and then sent to the store. I'm not interested in paying $150 for another dented/crushed collector's edition, so I guess that means I won't be getting one. You'd think more care would go into getting expensive collector's sets to their destinations in one piece. :(

#397 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Nintendo could learn a thing or two from them.

Mario All Stars was $30. Kirby collection $30-40. Metroid Prime Trilogy.

It's not really that the games are bad. It's the digital version that devalues it.

#398 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Mario All Stars was $30. Kirby collection $30-40. Metroid Prime Trilogy.

It's not really that the games are bad. It's the digital version that devalues it.

I guess I should have been more clear. Nintendo celebrates the 25th anniversary of thier esteemed franchise by doing what? When Mario had a 25th anniversary, what did we get? A red box that's a reissue of a collection they brought out 17 years prior. The 25th Anniversary of Zelda was celebrated with zilch. The 25th anniversary of metroid was celebrated by nada. So yeah Nintendo could really learn something from capcom about celebrating a franchises anniversary.

#399 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

i feel like they could have put the soundtracks in something a bit nicer than plastic sleeves...maybe it's just me

#400 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Wish the vouchers were piece-mealed instead of having everything under one code. I already have SSF2HDR and SF3TS and would've gave those away, but don't have any of the other DLC that came with this.

The case is pretty light and thin, and is covered in a slight felt material, which I guess is pretty cool.

My cert # was around 28k and my friend's was 15k, so either there's only 2-3 thousand of these left, or about half left (both of us got PS3 versions).

$100 would've been the ideal price point, which I'm sure it'll hit in a few months, but just in case I'd rather not risk missing out on this.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#401 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Wish the vouchers were piece-mealed instead of having everything under one code. I already have SSF2HDR and SF3TS and would've gave those away, but don't have any of the other DLC that came with this.

The case is pretty light and thin, and is covered in a slight felt material, which I guess is pretty cool.

My cert # was around 28k and my friend's was 15k, so either there's only 2-3 thousand of these left, or about half left (both of us got PS3 versions).

$100 would've been the ideal price point, which I'm sure it'll hit in a few months, but just in case I'd rather not risk missing out on this.

I have no idea how you are calculating how many have sold. You can't go by the cert #.

#402 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Look this is a great collection for sf fans. Granted its a little expensive and should have been around $100 but nonetheless it's a great collection. It's really a moot point complaining about dlc since well that's the only way to get it. Last I heard these games work fine without the costume packs. Also this game pretty much has the whole collection (the ps3 version anyway) of definitive versions of street fighte 2, sf 3, sf4, xtekken, and the alpha series. That's a whole lot of gaming. Yes sf fans have bought these already but show me where I can find an anthology of street fighter music. The only thing I wished the included was the van damme movie and the sf V series, but they had licensing issues with those. Give credit where credits due, capcom gave fans something awesome. When has any other company celebrated there franchise like this. Nintendo could learn a thing or two from them.

Are you kidding? They put zero effort into this. I got mine yesterday from Amazon and I was super disappointed. Everything about it feels cheap and they didn't even create a nice storage box for the soundtrack. It would have been relatively easy for Capcom to unlock the on-disc DLC, even if putting the XBL/PSN download games on disc may have been impossible or too expensive. They literally slapped a bunch of junk in a box and did nothing to make it really unique or special. You must have really low standards if you think this is how franchises should be celebrated.

#403 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

It's better than no celebration at all, like many series receive.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#404 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Are you kidding? They put zero effort into this. I got mine yesterday from Amazon and I was super disappointed. Everything about it feels cheap and they didn't even create a nice storage box for the soundtrack. It would have been relatively easy for Capcom to unlock the on-disc DLC, even if putting the XBL/PSN download games on disc may have been impossible or too expensive. They literally slapped a bunch of junk in a box and did nothing to make it really unique or special. You must have really low standards if you think this is how franchises should be celebrated.

To address some of your points the box as a whole IS the storage for the soundtrack, makes no sense to put more boxes in boxes in boxes. If you want to take them some place burn to a flash drive or just travel with it in a case, problem solved. Like I said before its a moot point to complain about DLC, it is what it is just move on. This is a special and unique collection, from the music anthology to the movies this is something awesome. Granted a little over priced but awesome nonetheless for true Street fighter fans. To be honest you should have really done some research before purchasing . Dropping $150 on what you may consider junk just seems idiotic. Lastly, name me another franchise that has taken the time and effort to put something like this together, with different types of media being included in a collection.

Edited by Draknight, 19 September 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#405 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

I canceled mine a while back, but might get it if someone is willing to take the artbook, soundtrack, and the belt for a decent chunk of change.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#406 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

To address some of your points the box as a whole IS the storage for the soundtrack, makes no sense to put more boxes in boxes in boxes. If you want to take them some place burn to a flash drive or just travel with it in a case, problem solved. Like I said before its a moot point to complain about DLC, it is what it is just move on. This is a special and unique collection, from the music anthology to the movies this is something awesome. Granted a little over priced but awesome nonetheless for true Street fighter fans. To be honest you should have really done some research before purchasing . Dropping $150 on what you may consider junk just seems idiotic. Lastly, name me another franchise that has taken the time and effort to put something like this together, with different types of media being included in a collection.

It's not a moot point at all. Many other companies have unlocked on-disc DLC when they release GOTY editions. Heck, even Capcom has released full discs of formerly XBL only games, so it is entirely possible to do both if they really wanted to. I did research and frankly, the pictures made it look a lot more fancy and higher end than it ended up being. The outer box feels really cheap and the soundtrack looks messy and cheap. The statue is pretty unimpressive and frankly smaller than it looks in the marketing materials. In short, anyone who hasn't already ordered should wait for the inevitable price drop.

On your last point, simply making an effort doesn't forgive charging $150 for what amounts to a sloppy collection of items. So, yes, Capcom did what others wouldn't, they overcharged for a half-assed collection of stuff many people already have.

#407 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have no idea how you are calculating how many have sold. You can't go by the cert #.

I'm definitely pulling arbitrary numbers; if the post I quoted is anything to go by, then taking into consideration the numbers of the certificates are in sequence when they're manufactured, stocked, and shipped to various retailers, my poor theory has no basis or logic to stand on. :lol:

I read a while back on the Capcom forums that this has a "limited" quantity of 30,000, with slightly more PS3 units than 360.

edit: found it. Site's down, had to Google cache it. Search for "30,000"

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#408 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

On 360 once you redeem that master code on the Capcom website, you get 9 individual XBox codes for the DLC's/XBLA games. It's b/c 9 25-character codes wouldn't fit on that tiny card. On the PS3 version, all 12-character codes are on the back of the card, according to the streetfighter.com/redeem website.

I think the felt is a hell of a lot better than the feel of the Borderlands loot chest, and the SF box is actually opens like a chest, while Borderlands the top just pops off. But I guess I lost that argument to the internets.

Mine was unit 39xx of 30,000, fairly low number I guess. What pisses me off is one of the 11 disks (the 2nd of the fan comp ones and the one that was closest to the back of the box) looks like it had a knife taken to it as it has a gouge cut into the disk. Sent an angry tweet to Capcom Unity with no reply so I guess I'll have to try to rip the disk and if it doesn't work I'll call Capcom customer service when I get a chance.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#409 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

It's not a moot point at all. Many other companies have unlocked on-disc DLC when they release GOTY editions. Heck, even Capcom has released full discs of formerly XBL only games, so it is entirely possible to do both if they really wanted to. I did research and frankly, the pictures made it look a lot more fancy and higher end than it ended up being. The outer box feels really cheap and the soundtrack looks messy and cheap. The statue is pretty unimpressive and frankly smaller than it looks in the marketing materials. In short, anyone who hasn't already ordered should wait for the inevitable price drop.

On your last point, simply making an effort doesn't forgive charging $150 for what amounts to a sloppy collection of items. So, yes, Capcom did what others wouldn't, they overcharged for a half-assed collection of stuff many people already have.

It is a moot point simply because Capcom choose to do it that way, because clearly that's what they want to do either accept the fact or don't buy the DLC. Its also a moot point because if you get the CE you get the codes anyway so why complain that its not on disc. Frankly the only CE that ever live up to expectation is Gears 3 Ce and Reach CE and that was just based on the statues alone. Also when it comes to soundtrack I don't care what its on as long as they give me what a soundtrack is for, you know music.

What you consider a sloppy collection of items is actually really freaking hard to get. The official soundtracks alone are nightmare to compile. also like I said Capcom produced a collection that a lot of sf fans actually want. Not every one had either the alpha series, sfHD, sf3, SSF arcade edition or even X tekken on their machines, so don't presume that many people already have them. I'll concede that its overpriced by when the inevitable price drop happens and the print run dries up, you'll be thankful you have one.

#410 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

So GS is sold out online and there's only 4 PS3 and 6 360 copies left in STL Metro. Those looking for it cheap are going to have to hope Amazon and/or Fry's don't sell out. I'm going to try my disks tonight and make sure they all rip (including the one w/the cut in it.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#411 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Just because it's sold out in one small area of the US, doesn't mean it's going to be sold out other places.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#412 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

So GS is sold out online and there's only 4 PS3 and 6 360 copies left in STL Metro. Those looking for it cheap are going to have to hope Amazon and/or Fry's don't sell out. I'm going to try my disks tonight and make sure they all rip (including the one w/the cut in it.)

Or you know.. like the other 20 retailers that are carrying this :roll:

#413 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Just because it's sold out in one small area of the US, doesn't mean it's going to be sold out other places.

Actually, GS isn't showing it in stock anywhere near me... but every location just outside of my city is showing regular old "in stock" (not "low stock" or "call for availability").

I'm guessing GS probably didn't want a lot of these... they still have KZ3 and Skyrim CEs stacked up around all the stores near me.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#414 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

Or you know.. like the other 20 retailers that are carrying this :roll:

None of which are in-store, online only. GS & Fry's are the only ones to have this in-store.

#415 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Gotta love how the xbox crowd got shafted on this deal. How lazy is capcom not to release everything on disc.

#416 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Did anyone else NOT receive the DLC/Game token with their 360 set? I didn't get mine and I tried searching out forums and read in another place that someone also did not receive it. Though some of the unboxing videos I've seen do show it in their sets. I'm just curious if anyone here got it and did not get the token.

I'm tempted to just do a straight up return on the whole thing.

#417 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

So I had forgotten about this release and noticed that my deepdiscount order never shipped. Checking the order on their site, it is listed as 'Backorderd'. Can't say I'm surprised, but at this point I think we can scratch off them as having them in stock.

I'll go as far as to say that my order will probably be cancelled eventually.

Guess I'll have to find it elsewhere and pay full retail.

decept1.png

#418 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Just for the record, Square Enix put out a soundtrack set for the SaGa Series 20th Anniversary, it did have a "box in a box" to hold the CD set.

IIRC, originally sold for around $200, the music in the SaGa series is wonderful, I wish I had brought it but too cheap to drop $200 for it...

Here's a few more pics -- now selling for $270.

...Lastly, name me another franchise that has taken the time and effort to put something like this together, with different types of media being included in a collection.

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#419 hairypeckpeck

hairypeckpeck

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

got mine a couple weeks ago but finally decided to open it last night.

my statue was in the "on" position and my certificate was in pretty bad shape.

194 dlc items was a nice surprise. too bad they didnt include a voucher or something for sfxt vita...

#420 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

I emailed amazon and they sent me a replacement set. It had the token code in it. It also happens to be number 3200ish whereas my original set was around 28000ish. At $150 I feel a little buyers remorse but I've missed out on some other collectors sets that I regret so ill survive