Photo
- - - - -

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#61 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

IF SF3TS and SSF2THDR are on-disc, as well as SFxT has all the patches and costumes on the disc as well I'd consider this.

At this point I'd be triple-dipping.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#62 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

When it hits $60 I might bite.

#63 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

I like all the extras, but I don't want the actual games since I'm not into fighting games anymore. Therefore, nope.

#64 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

When it hits $60 I might bite.

No way this ever hits $60. These are individually numbered. I am thinking these will sell out as pre-orders. You don't individually number a "limited" edition that gets 80,000+ units. I am not a fighting game fan, (outside of Soul Calibur) so it's not for me, but for those who love SF or are flippers, you'd better pre-order.

I heard, (no idea if this is true or not) that the Diablo III Collector's Edition was 100,000 copies. So even though it is $50 less than this, (and in greater demand) that is still a relatively limited number, but far more than would ever have been individually numbered. And those will be running at about $250 in a few weeks, only going up from there for sealed copies. Just a thought.

#65 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

damn that's steep, hopefully it truly is a limited collectors edition, this might have actually been tempting for me if they added more games in

#66 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

No way this ever hits $60. These are individually numbered. I am thinking these will sell out as pre-orders. You don't individually number a "limited" edition that gets 80,000+ units. I am not a fighting game fan, (outside of Soul Calibur) so it's not for me, but for those who love SF or are flippers, you'd better pre-order.

I heard, (no idea if this is true or not) that the Diablo III Collector's Edition was 100,000 copies. So even though it is $50 less than this, (and in greater demand) that is still a relatively limited number, but far more than would ever have been individually numbered. And those will be running at about $250 in a few weeks, only going up from there for sealed copies. Just a thought.

While I certainly agree these $60 people are annoying, esp since it is one of the better deals Capcom has had... Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition WAS individually numbed and hit 20 usd (original price was 100)

Collectible bust of Duke Nukem
Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
100-page hardcover book: History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

Also if I recall correctly, the edition size was in the 200,000 range.

edit: The highest verified number is 134332. 2K also confirmed the edition to be at 136,000.

Edited by admiralvic, 23 May 2012 - 09:27 PM.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#67 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Don't think SFxT should have been included at all.

If this was priced around $169.99-$179.99 with a stick thrown in, it'd be a pretty nice collection.

#68 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

I might be in for one. Thanks op!

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#69 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Disregarding DLC, which is frivolous for these games, here is the cost-by-cost of everything.

Except its not. The $20 worth of 12 extra charactes for SFxTK is pretty significant and shouldnt simply be disregarded to make a point
Posted Image

#70 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Am I the only one who was hoping that seeing as how the 25th Anniversary of a video game is a pretty big deal, that we would see some form of every SF game ever packaged in one box? Though I would have preferred an original effort, they could have ported the Alpha Anthology and Capcom Collection stuff fairly easy. Street Fighter EX I could take it or leave it.

#71 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Which Street Fighter animated series? There's a bunch of them if I recall correctly plus a cartoon (heh).

#72 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

IF SF3TS and SSF2THDR are on-disc, as well as SFxT has all the patches and costumes on the disc as well I'd consider this.

At this point I'd be triple-dipping.

In the trailer listed on the first page, it has an asterisk that denotes internet connection required. I imagine the 2 downloadable games, the costumes for the disc games, and extra characters for SF x Tekken are all DLC codes.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#73 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Did anyone else laugh like a giddy little school girl? No? Me neither.

#74 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

The USA cartoon, which sad to say is better than most of the other SF animated projects.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#75 GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm going to wait for the Super Ultimate Turbo Skyhook Wasabi Sushi Kamikaze Sayonara edition. Then I'll buy it used.

657041.png

#76 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

The USA cartoon, which sad to say is better than most of the other SF animated projects.

For real? That significantly dropped my interest on this item. :cold:

#77 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm going to wait for the Super Ultimate Turbo Skyhook Wasabi Sushi Kamikaze Sayonara edition. Then I'll buy it used.

Okay I'm calling it: this joke is officially played out.

#78 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

While I certainly agree these $60 people are annoying, esp since it is one of the better deals Capcom has had... Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition WAS individually numbed and hit 20 usd (original price was 100)

Also if I recall correctly, the edition size was in the 200,000 range.

edit: The highest verified number is 134332. 2K also confirmed the edition to be at 136,000.

Awesome post. It's pretty hard to know if this thing will actually be rare enough to sell out. It doesn't have any actual game content that's exclusive. The tough thing is it usually makes little sense for actual LE's to be really limited because it doesn't help the company make money. If production is under 30-40k I could see this actually selling out (also based on international availability). Otherwise I bet it'll drop.

#79 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

In the trailer listed on the first page, it has an asterisk that denotes internet connection required. I imagine the 2 downloadable games, the costumes for the disc games, and extra characters for SF x Tekken are all DLC codes.

If that's the case, I don't see much point in buying this collection at all. I hope we get some clarification from Capcom on the matter.

#80 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

Which Street Fighter animated series? There's a bunch of them if I recall correctly plus a cartoon (heh).

I think it's the cheesy 90s one. On the official Capcom blog, Capcom Unity, it says next to the animated series part,"delicious!"

#81 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

If that's the case, I don't see much point in buying this collection at all. I hope we get some clarification from Capcom on the matter.

What's to wonder? The DLC stuff is DLC stuff. The point of buying the collection is the same point as buying it separately, except you get a few extra collectibles and save a bit of money, too.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#82 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

This just gets funnier every time I hear it.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 10/01/14  Happy Inktober!      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#83 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

I actually REGRET buying all of these games now. I want that cool stuff!!

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#84 midloo

midloo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Sounds like the "individually numbered" ploy is working. Everything ever produced is limited. They number it, and people go nuts. Whoopdie doo. I'm limited to two giant breasts. Next time I go to work, I'm going to number them and maybe someone will make it rain.
Posted Image

#85 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

What's to wonder? The DLC stuff is DLC stuff. The point of buying the collection is the same point as buying it separately, except you get a few extra collectibles and save a bit of money, too.

Well, it's already on the disc, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to simply unlock it. Other companies do GOTY editions all the time with the DLC on disc, so it's not like it would be hard for Capcom to do that. Personally, I don't like download only DLC and I'm certainly not going to buy a collection of games I already have if I have to download the DLC instead of having them in a more permanent format.

#86 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

The only way I would pay $150 is if it came with a full-size SF1 arcade machine hologram and a replica of Rufus' braid handcrafted from Billy Gibbons' facial hair. Amidoingitrite?

Seriously though, I don't know why they wouldn't include a bunch of early games in the series, even if they're of the old-school, low-res, offline variety. I mean, it's a 25th Anniversary Collector's Set, I'm sure there are at least a few folks out there who would like to see the series' roots.

#87 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Seriously though, I don't know why they wouldn't include a bunch of early games in the series, even if they're of the old-school, low-res, offline variety. I mean, it's a 25th Anniversary Collector's Set, I'm sure there are at least a few folks out there who would like to see the series' roots.

Financially, that would actually be a worse idea. The set is full of stuff that many people already own. Spending a bunch of money to port new games just for the set would make it costlier to produce without significantly increasing the number of buyers. If they also had plans to release the new ports on their own down the line, then debuting them in the collector's set would make good sense.

Well, it's already on the disc, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to simply unlock it. Other companies do GOTY editions all the time with the DLC on disc, so it's not like it would be hard for Capcom to do that. Personally, I don't like download only DLC and I'm certainly not going to buy a collection of games I already have if I have to download the DLC instead of having them in a more permanent format.

Of course this set is mostly targeted at people who don't own the games already. The only way for somebody with the games to come out ahead would be if they sold or traded their old copies to help finance it. Point being, yeah, the set isn't for everybody, but that's okay. It's still a great value for lapsed fans who haven't gotten the latest games yet.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#88 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Financially, that would actually be a worse idea. The set is full of stuff that many people already own. Spending a bunch of money to port new games just for the set would make it costlier to produce without significantly increasing the number of buyers. If they also had plans to release the new ports on their own down the line, then debuting them in the collector's set would actually make the most sense.

Oh, I get that. But seeing as they've all been emulated already (albeit on other consoles), it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a stretch. Even the XBLA version of Hyper Fighting is based on the CCC version.

Then again, I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

#89 Ganelon

Ganelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

FYI, Capcom Store has the sets available for pre-order now:

360: http://shop.capcom.c...t-XBOX-360.html

PS3: http://shop.capcom.c...on-Set-PS3.html

As an SF fan, I already have everything on PS3 but plan to pick up the 360 version. Since there's no pre-order bonus from the Capcom Store, I'll wait for free shipping from another online retailer.

#90 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Mega Man's 25th is coming soon as well hopefully we get something as cool as this.