Photo
- - - - -

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#181 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

LOLd when i saw the 360 edition came with blu-rays

Better then another digital distribution of the stuff...

MSRP, not a deal

:applause:

How many of these types of posts have you posted thus far?

#182 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

LOLd when i saw the 360 edition came with blu-rays

Then you realized it wasn't funny because blu-rays are predominantly used to play movies and not games.

#183 twisted

twisted

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Ordered 1 for each console....just in case I decide I want the PS3 version...it sucks that SFxT will be $20 by the time this comes out but I really just want the statue and all of the soundtrack discs

#184 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

My favorite Street Fighter game of all time remains Street Fighter Alpha 2, on the Saturn.

This a million times.
Spoiler

#185 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Then you realized it wasn't funny because blu-rays are predominantly used to play movies and not games.

I don't think you understand why that's funny. It has nothing to do with game discs.

That actually does bring up a good question though, will this be the first collector's edition released for 360 that contains bonus material on blu ray? Skyrim and Witcher 2 both still used DVDs in their X360 special editions.

#186 halojames

halojames

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

ill wait to this to drop to $20

#187 DealHunter

DealHunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

The documentary will make a brake this Collector's set...

That alone means it is probably not worth the price.

At least for the Street Fighter soundtracks are good not great, and the anime's were average at best.

All the content not being on disk ruined this for me.

#188 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

I love it but not at that price. Maybe I'll bite around $99. I will for sure at $79.
Posted Image

#189 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Preordered one, but I really doubt I'll keep it. Not into the statue, and I think they really could have included more SF games at that price.

#190 Hinoshiko

Hinoshiko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Unless this item suddenly appears in every retail store, it's going to turn into one of those ridiculously rare collector's item.

#191 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

If they gave you the SFII Anime series (not the American series) I think this would make a pretty cool collector's set. I know you get the SF II movie but there was like 29 (I think) episode Anime series as well. If that came with it, then it would be I think a cool little set.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#192 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

If they gave you the SFII Anime series (not the American series) I think this would make a pretty cool collector's set. I know you get the SF II movie but there was like 29 (I think) episode Anime series as well. If that came with it, then it would be I think a cool little set.

It's 26 episodes and the features listing does say it's one of the items included. However, unless they just ported the DVDs right onto the blu-rays, there's no way all of that along with the other crap they had listed would fit on 2 BDs.

On second thought, I bet that's exactly what Capcom would do. Just slap shit together.

#193 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

The collection is awesome but only 2 games on DISC. Kinda disappointed. Should put all games on DISC & includes all contents on DISC instead download code. I may picked up whenever it drop down $70 or less ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#194 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

It's 26 episodes and the features listing does say it's one of the items included. However, unless they just ported the DVDs right onto the blu-rays, there's no way all of that along with the other crap they had listed would fit on 2 BDs.

On second thought, I bet that's exactly what Capcom would do. Just slap shit together.

Oh didn't see that, they yeah this is pretty cool. Capcom would slap everything together on discs and throw in a shitty menu. I mean really, all they are doing here is repackaging stuff and selling it at a premium with a statue. It's for the die hard Street Fighter market and Capcom knows they can get away with it.

Although I would still bite if I had money to throw away. I been eyeing a copy of SF IV AE, but it's way too expensive for my tastes still. (and I never played SF III, or SF vs Tekken and the SF II Animated movie is of high interest for me).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#195 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Ordered

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#196 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

It's not the anime series, its the terrible US cartoon.

#197 apolloimburning

apolloimburning

I’m Captain Basch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

Ordered. Sort of off topic, but they need to do something like this for megaman for his 25th this year also.

#198 Kaliyah

Kaliyah

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

^I wonder if that is why they ignored the Alpha games.

I got excited watching the trailer and saw SF Alpha mentioned, then realized it was only the sountrack list.

#199 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Guys, the only games on the compilation are ones already released on 360/PS3. Capcom would have to spend money and give a shit if they wanted to include the Alpha games.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#200 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

What happened to release day shipping on amazon?

#201 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

It's not the anime series, its the terrible US cartoon.

I won't get my hopes up, but I hope that isn't true. Too many 'up in the air' details as of now, I'll hold off thinking about pre-ordering until this all gets sorted out.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#202 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I really want to get this, and I probably will, but given Capcom's history this won't go out of print or be rare. I think a good price for me to pick it up would be <$100.

The fact that all the DLC and patches are not on-disc is what irritates me the most about this.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#203 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Preordered, don't know if I'll keep it or not.

#204 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

I probably won't buy it, as I'm not a big Street Fighter fan, but anyone who doesn't consider $150 for everything included an absolutely amazing deal needs their head examined...

#205 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

LOL....to put it another way, if you bought Street Fighter X Tekken and all the DLC, it would cost you $60 (game) + $26 (both costume bundles) + $20 (characters) for $106. For only $43 more you can get :LOL....to put it another way, if you bought Street Fighter X Tekken and all the DLC, it would cost you $60 (game) + $26 (both costume bundles) + $20 (characters) for $106. For only $43 more you can get :

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC
Street Fighter documentary on Blu-ray
Street Fighter IV anime on Blu-ray
Super Street Fighter IV anime on Blu-ray
Street Fighter: The Animated Series on Blu-ray
Street Fighter: The Movie on Blu-ray
Ryu statue
11 disk soundtrack
Hardcover art book
Replica of Ryu's belt
Certificate of authenticity
Posted Image

#206 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

HAHA, I just got this in my gold box at Amazon. $142. Also got P4golden Vita as well, been waiting on that one to pop in there.

#207 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

LOL....to put it another way, if you bought Street Fighter X Tekken and all the DLC, it would cost you $60 (game) + $26 (both costume bundles) + $20 (characters) for $106. For only $43 more you can get :LOL....to put it another way, if you bought Street Fighter X Tekken and all the DLC, it would cost you $60 (game) + $26 (both costume bundles) + $20 (characters) for $106. For only $43 more you can get

Just to play devil's advocate for a second, who here actually pays MSRP or bothers to buy all the nonsensical DLC Capcom usually puts out? SFxT also has a pretty high chance of obsolescence. If Capcom doesn't release a new Phantasmagorical SFxT next year, that would be highly unusual.

#208 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Just to play devil's advocate for a second, who here actually pays MSRP or bothers to buy all the nonsensical DLC Capcom usually puts out? SFxT also has a pretty high chance of obsolescence. If Capcom doesn't release a new Phantasmagorical SFxT next year, that would be highly unusual.

I dont see another one coming next year. If they were to release another it would be shortly after the Vita launches this fall with the 12 new characters unlocked, most likely for $50
Posted Image

#209 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

I dont see another one coming next year. If they were to release another it would be shortly after the Vita launches this fall with the 12 new characters unlocked, most likely for $50

So basically, your opinion (however you arrived at it, maybe wishful thinking?) versus countless examples of what Capcom has done in the past?

#210 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

So basically, your opinion (however you arrived at it, maybe wishful thinking?) versus countless examples of what Capcom has done in the past?

Like with UMVC3 coming out last fall in the same year as MvC3? Besides, well DUH! its my opinion. I dont work for the company and know what their exact plans are. I dont see why they'd hold off releasing a version with everything till next year when all the DLC will be released by this September. If they are going to come out with a new version, I do think it will come after the Vita this fall.

Edited by Havok83, 25 May 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image