Photo
- - - - -

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#211 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

So...what was the basis of your opinion? Obviously, past company practices have been ruled out.

#212 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

So...what was the basis of your opinion? Obviously, past company practices have been ruled out.

read the above post. Seems I edited it right before you posted
Posted Image

#213 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

So Capcom made an announcement that there will no more SFxT DLC after September ever in any size, shape or form?

#214 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

The price seems kinda high considering the portal chell replica was only $139, the skyrim ce dropped to $59.99, and the lord of the rings north ce is now $39.99. The ryu statue doen't look as great as the mid to high end japanese statue companies. Think I'll wait for a drop and risk a sellout. I haven't missed any collector's editions so far. If I miss this, no biggie since I have all the ce's I wanted from the last few years.

#215 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Nice, I like how the 360 version also comes with Bluray instead of those 360 discs for video. Too bad I have all the games.

#216 Wayne Cabana

Wayne Cabana

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

In for 2 of each, since I know some of my hardcore FGC friends are going to sleep on this.

But just in case, set a reminder in my Calendar for the Friday before release so I can check availability before committing. Thank goodness Amazon doesn't charge until shipped, cause that's a lot of scratch!

Friggin' Borderlands 2 big ass special edition comes out that same day, too. My poor wallet!

#217 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

All the Capcom haters need to know the agreement between Capcom and Namco for this series of crossover fighting games is each company only gets to release 1 disc version of each game. That's one of the major reasons why the character DLC is on the disc.

Only way there's an out is maybe if the game became a GH (which seems doubtful now with the big drop in sales) then the DLC could possibly be unlocked.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#218 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

All the Capcom haters need to know the agreement between Capcom and Namco for this series of crossover fighting games is each company only gets to release 1 disc version of each game. That's one of the major reasons why the character DLC is on the disc.

Only way there's an out is maybe if the game became a GH (which seems doubtful now with the big drop in sales) then the DLC could possibly be unlocked.

That and it's been announced that there won't be any other disk release for the game, only dlc.

#219 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ono said he wouldn't rule out the possibility of there being a GOTY/Complete edition. It was in a tweet a few weeks prior to release.

#220 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Ono said he wouldn't rule out the possibility of there being a GOTY/Complete edition. It was in a tweet a few weeks prior to release.

and that would likely be this current game with just the DLC unlocked or with voucher like with this set. Luckily for Capcom, everything is already on disc so they wouldnt be making a new version
Posted Image

#221 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

I won't get my hopes up, but I hope that isn't true. Too many 'up in the air' details as of now, I'll hold off thinking about pre-ordering until this all gets sorted out.

It's true - the first give away being the "delicious" comment, which is from the cartoon and became a meme.

The second and definite reveal is in the video of the package - you can see a scene of Guile from the US cartoon leading his street fighter team.

Sorry :(

#222 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

This set is now available for preorder at amazon:

PS3 http://www.amazon.co...38032393&sr=8-1

Xbox 360 http://www.amazon.co...38032464&sr=1-1

#223 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

This set is now available for preorder at amazon:

PS3 http://www.amazon.co...38032393&sr=8-1

Xbox 360 http://www.amazon.co...38032464&sr=1-1

Thanks but the amazon links were posted 3 days ago back on page 6 and the OP was updated then too.

ostzsk.jpg

#224 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I just got the email from amazon. I was just trying to say they are actually available to pre-order now. Unless 3 days ago they were available and amazon waited to email me.

#225 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I just got the email from amazon. I was just trying to say they are actually available to pre-order now. Unless 3 days ago they were available and amazon waited to email me.

Yeah dude it was available to preorder 3 days ago (from Amazon) cause that's when I put mine in.

I wouldn't worry about reposting it. I had a good chuckle this morning when I got that "alert" from Amazon. It has made me lose all faith in their notification system if it literally takes them 3 days to alert someone that an item is available for sale or back in stock.

#226 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

thanks guys for the correction. I now realize amazon's notification system is wack. lol

#227 furyk

furyk

Captain of the Handheld

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Preorder through Amazon. Something tells me these aren't going to last very long. The 11 disc soundtrack is the big selling point for me.

#228 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

:drool: I so want this and the Borderlands one with the replica loot chest! :drool:

If only I had the money for these high end collector's/limited editions. :cry:

#229 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm in for 1. I only have the HD Remix so this will be a good deal for me.

Same here.

#230 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Seems like a cool set, but my $150 have already gone to Borderlands 2...

This is the bloody truth right there.

If I have to overspend on one thing this year (er, one more thing?) it's Borderlands two and that sweet sweet box
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#231 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

I wonder if the resell value will be high for this? Hmm? I'm a huge SF fan, but that's a lot for this bundle.

#232 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I might get this for the PS3, since it doesn't come out for a while. I might have some money saved

#233 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

I think the resell value is small. I say this because the SFIV collectors editions were hard to get when it first came out, then stores were practically giving them away two months later.

#234 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

If you have both systems, get this for the ps3. The 360 got screwed on SFxT.

#235 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

I think the resell value is small. I say this because the SFIV collectors editions were hard to get when it first came out, then stores were practically giving them away two months later.

That's clearly a different situation. That game was re-released several times over, making that iteration of the game much less valuable. Regardless, it was never really hard to find. This is a presumably a very limited print that's not so much about the games as it is the items included.

#236 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

It's pointless to speculate now. If it becomes hard to pre-order shortly before release, then you know it might be rare.

#237 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

If you have both systems, get this for the ps3. The 360 got screwed on SFxT.

uh....360 version won't have that co-op online thing, Cole, and those two dumb cats. It really just comes down to system preference unless those things really bother you.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#238 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

I am a huge SF fan as well. I own all 3 retail games and the downloadable games. I am interested in the soundtrack, but I am not going to pull the trigger for $150.

#239 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

uh....360 version won't have that co-op online thing, Cole, and those two dumb cats. It really just comes down to system preference unless those things really bother you.

Aren't Megaman and Pac-Man still PS3 exclusives as well? I have a feeling that is only timed though since someone accessed the locked DLC files for the 360 and noticed those two on the disc.

523546.png

#240 DeathByFRODO

DeathByFRODO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

Aren't Megaman and Pac-Man still PS3 exclusives as well? I have a feeling that is only timed though since someone accessed the locked DLC files for the 360 and noticed those two on the disc.

pretty sure its timed.