Mario Tennis 3DS $29.99 FS Target

Probably not in-stores too huh? Last time I tried to price match an online target ad they flat-out denied me there. Oh well, I can wait the week or 2 shipping I guess. Good price with my Red Card. $30.30 total including tax and shipping.

[quote name='david69']Red Card is Target's credit card?[/QUOTE]

Ya.

Edit: Free Shipping on it regardless. I saved an extra $1.50 with Red Card because I get an extra 5%, but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I wonder if BB would price match this...id rather not wait for the slow shipping but don't wanna pay more than $30 for this.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I was interested pre-release, but this has gotten surprisingly mediocre reviews.[/QUOTE]

It IS mediocre. Wish I could trade it in, but my kid loves anything having to do with Mario.

It's average tennis at best, with some Nintendo characters sprinkled in. Unlocking items/characters is a pain because it requires playing the same mediocre tennis over and over. No super shots from the Gamecube days. If they removed the Nintendo characters you could call it 'Joe Smith tennis', and it'd play the same way.

[quote name='zeb06']Hmm I wonder if BB would price match this...id rather not wait for the slow shipping but don't wanna pay more than $30 for this.[/QUOTE]

Prolly too late now, but yes BB did price match this deal for me in store

[quote name='david69']Red Card is Target's credit card?[/QUOTE]

There's also the Target check card as well. Save 5% and free shipping with either the Check Card or the Credit Card.

[quote name='dragonjud']No super shots from the Gamecube days. If they removed the Nintendo characters you could call it 'Joe Smith tennis', and it'd play the same way.[/QUOTE]

Really? Boo! King Boo! The wackiness of it was the point imho. If I wanted a Tennis sim, there are other, better options. I want Tennis in the Mushroom Kingdom, with all the craziness that comes with it.

Will def wait for a cheaper price then :(

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I was interested pre-release, but this has gotten surprisingly mediocre reviews.[/QUOTE]

Most were disappointed with the lack of rpg features (hopefully you read the reviews and didn't just look at the number...) But in the end, it has the classic, solid gameplay, lots of unlockables, and smooth/seamless/lagless online olds play.

As a huge fan of the series, I can firmly say you will not be disappointed overall.

Meh I bit on it. I never had a chance to play the GC version, so this will be a perfect way to play it on the go. Thanks!

It's average tennis at best, with some Nintendo characters sprinkled in. Unlocking items/characters is a pain because it requires playing the same mediocre tennis over and over. No super shots from the Gamecube days. If they removed the Nintendo characters you could call it 'Joe Smith tennis', and it'd play the same way.

I would play Joe Smith Tennis in a heartbeat.

Joe-Smith_65688.jpeg

[quote name='bug_nuts']God i hate when stores do not match their own website....[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here -- what's the point in having the price online if you can't walk into the store and pay the same price?

Target is behind the 8-ball on this.

[quote name='guyinga']Yeah same here -- what's the point in having the price online if you can't walk into the store and pay the same price?

Target is behind the 8-ball on this.[/QUOTE]

Walmart is the exact same way...... so dumb

[quote name='dragonjud']It IS mediocre. Wish I could trade it in, but my kid loves anything having to do with Mario.

It's average tennis at best, with some Nintendo characters sprinkled in. Unlocking items/characters is a pain because it requires playing the same mediocre tennis over and over. No super shots from the Gamecube days. If they removed the Nintendo characters you could call it 'Joe Smith tennis', and it'd play the same way.[/QUOTE]

The special shots in mario power tennis on gcn was the worst part about it. It's a GOOD thing they got rid of it.

If you love Mario Tennis' past games, you'll love this just the same. It's that simple.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']The special shots in mario power tennis on gcn was the worst part about it. It's a GOOD thing they got rid of it.

If you love Mario Tennis' past games, you'll love this just the same. It's that simple.[/QUOTE]

Look, we obviously disagree on this one, so why bother trying to change my opinion?
No super shots means no distinguishing factor for me. If I wanted a sim, I'd go play the Top Spin series, which is superior in every way.
The controls are unnecessarily cumbersome. The 3DS has 6 buttons, so, why the fuck do I need button sequences to perform a shot (A->B lob, B->A drop shot)? This was a crappy design choice. That type of design would only make sense if I had two face buttons (this is not a GBA).
And while many other developers use the touch screen wisely, the choices they give you do not match the button control layout. Again, why make a Mario tennis game more complicated than it needs to be?

When a store and a website don't price match it's usually because they have different inventories. Almost like they are completely different businesses really.

[quote name='dragonjud']The 3DS has 6 buttons, so, why the fuck do I need button sequences to perform a shot (A->B lob, B->A drop shot)? This was a crappy design choice. That type of design would only make sense if I had two face buttons (this is not a GBA).[/QUOTE]

Maybe I've just been playing these kinds of games too much, but don't a LOT of tennis games use that button sequence for different shots?

Blah ordered online from target with redcard for 30.20...tried to PM at Bestbuy but they called the store to confirm...bleh. Free shipping says its estimated at 6/4-6/6 :(

bread's done
Back