Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

• Please log in to reply
897 replies to this topic

#751 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Woot, they just shipped Catherine today, hit that "keep" button so hard, my fingers hurt.

That's the way to do it man! I'm glad you were able to get Catherine. Such as awesome game! :applause:

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#752 swanz88

swanz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Gamefly is known for always sending out online passes and DLC passes when you buy a game from them. This is the first I've ever heard of someone say anything about sometimes not getting things.

Well what I'm trying to say is because he rented the game and then used the keep option to buy it, the discs and the case will come separately. Therefore, the rental sent him the LE discs but the purchase/keep may send him the standard edition box, which doesn't have the B2K codes.

#753 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for posting this...decided to get Street Fighter X Tekken.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#754 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

FFXIII-2 has been taunting me for days. Finally bit lol. D:

#755 XDAO_ROMANS

XDAO_ROMANS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I rented bf3 then hit keep it early sat but my order is still showing submitted. Any idea why it's taking do long for my order to go through? Can they choose to not let me keep it. Also if this makes a difference I am a free member

#756 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Dark Souls back in stock
Street Fighter X Tekken (back?) in stock
Final Fantasy XIII-2 360 (back?) in stock.
Ace combat ps3 in stock.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3 in stock.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#757 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

I got my HALO Anniversary yesterday, I've never seen a disc with so many chips on it. It played fine though and I saved it to the hard drive. I've never saved a game to the hard drive, I know you still need the disc in for it, but once it's saved like that it shouldn't matter how much the disc gets scratched anymore right?

#758 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

I got my HALO Anniversary yesterday, I've never seen a disc with so many chips on it. It played fine though and I saved it to the hard drive. I've never saved a game to the hard drive, I know you still need the disc in for it, but once it's saved like that it shouldn't matter how much the disc gets scratched anymore right?

Correct.

Edit: As long as it doesn't get scratched further where your XBox cannot recognize it as a game disc.

I'm kind of a big deal...

#759 swanz88

swanz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm still hoping to get Halo: CEA from this sale. That sucks your copy is so badly chipped and beaten up, it makes me worry about buying used games from GF. But to answer your question, once the game is installed to the hard drive, the xbox still reads/checks the game when it boots up. If it installed 100%, you should be fine. However, you should try to prevent addition damage to the disc as much as possible. If the disc is in such bad condition to the point where the xbox cannot read what the game is anymore, then you won't be able to play the game even if it's installed to the HDD.

#760 breakfuss

breakfuss

Malicious Baiter ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

That's the way to do it man! I'm glad you were able to get Catherine. Such as awesome game! :applause:

No one sings this game's praise more than you. And, I'll hand it to you -- you're persistent. So much so, that I was convinced to try it out. LOL, can it really be that good? My order came in Saturday, so we'll see.

BTW, does Gamefly always ship so quickly? It only took 2 days to receive my order. I always figured the service wouldn't be worth it given the amount time I thought it would take to return and send out games. I could actually see the subscription being a good deal if they consistently move games like this.

#761 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

i'm sad Catherine hasn't come back in stock. I've probably reloaded a couple hundred times over the past days.

#762 swanz88

swanz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have been trying to buy Halo: CEA, but it has been sold out forever. Also, alot of people have been complaining about the poor condition of the disc GF sent them (lots of chips/scratches). I just saw on another thread that the Microsoft store is selling Halo CEA for $20 w/ FS. Is it worth a few more $$ to get a new copy from the MS store and forget GF?

#763 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have been trying to buy Halo: CEA, but it has been sold out forever. Also, alot of people have been complaining about the poor condition of the disc GF sent them (lots of chips/scratches). I just saw on another thread that the Microsoft store is selling Halo CEA for $20 w/ FS. Is it worth a few more $$ to get a new copy from the MS store and forget GF?

Its really up to you. While some people have had issues with chips, I've ordered a handful of games from GF over the last year or so and never had any problems. I'm sure there is an equal or greater amount of people that haven't had that problem - we just haven't heard them. People like to sing out when there is a problem, as they should. How often do you hear people saying that everything went perfectly? Not nearly as often.

If I went out to eat last night and everything went as expected, it isn't very noteworthy. If I found a finger in my soup, I'd probably let you guys know.

#764 cody cmon

cody cmon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

For what it's worth, I've ordered 3 games over the last month or so and none have been chipped .

#765 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Crap. I thought I was in the clear when I saw my SH:HD came from Pittsburgh but boy, was I wrong. The disc had numerous chips and had smudges everywhere. I hoped the game was good enough to play but alas, it was not.

Good thing GF customer service is snappy and sent me a Fedex return package and a refund within 12 hours of sending them an email.

Seems like I've been having the worst of luck with defective games from AWD and now GF. :cry:

#766 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

My Halo Anniversary did not include the slipcover. Not a huge deal, I'm just a completist freak and kind of wanted to have it. Asked GF on the off chance they have a spare. Haven't had any problems with chipped discs though.

#767 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

ive been waiting for a cheap deal on WWE AllStars. will be the first wrestling game ive bought sense smackdown here comes the pain on PS2
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#768 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Come onnnn Asura's Wrath!
Posted Image

#769 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

My Ace Combat still didn't shipped yet. o.O

154512.png

:360: Nothing at the moment

:pc: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

:ps3: Nothing at the moment

:ps4: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor / NBA 2k15 / Alien: Isolation

jionekanji.png

#770 nathan88

nathan88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Are there any sales today?

#771 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

ive been waiting for a cheap deal on WWE AllStars. will be the first wrestling game ive bought sense smackdown here comes the pain on PS2

I have been playing it nonstop since I received it. I absolutely love it.

#772 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Its really up to you. While some people have had issues with chips, I've ordered a handful of games from GF over the last year or so and never had any problems. I'm sure there is an equal or greater amount of people that haven't had that problem - we just haven't heard them. People like to sing out when there is a problem, as they should. How often do you hear people saying that everything went perfectly? Not nearly as often.

If I went out to eat last night and everything went as expected, it isn't very noteworthy. If I found a finger in my soup, I'd probably let you guys know.

This thread (and the thread before it) have been going for a very long time. CAGs tend to communicate their experience, and since the chipped versus non-chipped thing has been an issue since the beginning of time, I can tell you that pretty much every CAG who has bought discs through GameFly has posted their experiences on the threads.

There have been multiple accounts of people receiving 10-15 GameFly discs, having all but one or two received with chips. It's a safe bet to say that 75% or so of CAGs here receive chipped discs on 90% of their orders. There are also some accounts (though generally fewer) of CAGs getting those 10-15 discs and only having one or two of them chipped. That solidifies that fact that certain distribution centers almost always send out chipped discs, while others almost never do. Unfortunately the problem behind that is that most distribution centers send out chipped discs.

Like you said, it's the luck of the draw. GameFly has a good return policy, so it's always worth a shot. I just haven't seen anything come up for sale that I've needed yet.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#773 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

chipped discs FTL
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#774 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Here here! Great summary.

This thread (and the thread before it) have been going for a very long time. CAGs tend to communicate their experience, and since the chipped versus non-chipped thing has been an issue since the beginning of time, I can tell you that pretty much every CAG who has bought discs through GameFly has posted their experiences on the threads.

There have been multiple accounts of people receiving 10-15 GameFly discs, having all but one or two received with chips. It's a safe bet to say that 75% or so of CAGs here receive chipped discs on 90% of their orders. There are also some accounts (though generally fewer) of CAGs getting those 10-15 discs and only having one or two of them chipped. That solidifies that fact that certain distribution centers almost always send out chipped discs, while others almost never do. Unfortunately the problem behind that is that most distribution centers send out chipped discs.

Like you said, it's the luck of the draw. GameFly has a good return policy, so it's always worth a shot. I just haven't seen anything come up for sale that I've needed yet.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#775 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

come on COD MW/MGS!!

#776 goUGA

goUGA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Been out of town. Missed a few games I really wanted. Damn

#777 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

I didn't realize that the problem was so prevalent. I'm sure this more than answers his question, thanks.

#778 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Received :ps3:Rayman Origins from the Pittsburg distribution center, only 3 tiny chips on one side of the disc, none more than a millimeter wide. It's fine.

So the consensus is that the Pittsburg location is more likely to send out games with chips in them? My order for :360:Battlefield 3 that arrived last week was immaculate and was from the LA center, so that theory holds true with my recent purchases.

#779 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Received :ps3:Rayman Origins from the Pittsburg distribution center, only 3 tiny chips on one side of the disc, none more than a millimeter wide. It's fine.

So the consensus is that the Pittsburg location is more likely to send out games with chips in them? My order for :360:Battlefield 3 that arrived last week was immaculate and was from the LA center, so that theory holds true with my recent purchases.

It's hard to say; it's an ongoing process figuring that out. Your input is helpful though!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#780 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

I'm a pretty big Atlus fan, but have been pushing this game off until later, but at $14.99 I can't pass that deal up. I was sitting at the computer refreshing the page up constantly last week in hopes of the game being restocked, but I used the free trial and put Catherine 1st on my queue on Friday in hopes that they would ship it out today. Now to use the free trial to rent Amazing Spider-Man when it comes out next week is next. :)