Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

• Please log in to reply
897 replies to this topic

#781 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

no deal?

#782 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

For anyone who has WWE All Stars, can you confirm if the game freezes for a split second after a K.O. win while the loading symbol pops up in the corner because mine does it and I'm afraid the chips around the edge of the disc may be making it a bit more difficult to read and causing this.

#783 Hente

Hente

Honk honk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Catherine just came in today and aside from two extremely small chips & a minor scratch on the disc, the case, manual & disc came in great condition.
I think I also got it from the Pittsburgh center, aside from a PA being on part of the envelope, I can't check it since I tore it up along with that note on the inside.

#784 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Got my copy of NFS in today. It's easily the most scratched game I've got from Gamefly, but it installed to the 360 hard drive so I guess it's fine.

#785 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'm a pretty big Atlus fan, but have been pushing this game off until later, but at $14.99 I can't pass that deal up. I was sitting at the computer refreshing the page up constantly last week in hopes of the game being restocked, but I used the free trial and put Catherine 1st on my queue on Friday in hopes that they would ship it out today. Now to use the free trial to rent Amazing Spider-Man when it comes out next week is next. :)

That's amazing! My HDD took a dump recently so I lost all of my recent saves. :( My girl and I were playing the first few levels. We decided to push all of the clicks out of the way. I just remember her saying, "is that the exit falling the background?'" It'll be fun doing that all over again, lol.

#786 jbg87

jbg87

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

Battlefield and dead island 360 are back in stock just ordered

#787 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Sweet, thanks for the heads up on Battlefield 3.

Edit: posted too soon, added to cart and then got out of stock notice upon completing checkout.

Bummer.

Edited by loomis1975, 19 June 2012 - 07:34 AM.
out of stock

#788 LifeMakesMeLOL

LifeMakesMeLOL

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

How do they always run out of stock so fast? Are they only selling a handful of copies at a time?

It seems weird that Battlefield is always back out of stock within 10 minutes of them restocking it.

#789 tommythethumb

tommythethumb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

How do they always run out of stock so fast? Are they only selling a handful of copies at a time?

It seems weird that Battlefield is always back out of stock within 10 minutes of them restocking it.

Yeah I would guess it's most likely due to cancellations and/or rentals being returned that gamefly decides to make available to buy.

#790 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

I have bought many games from gamefly all for ps3 and never even once did I get a disk that didn't look like brand new. I get my games from Dallas gamefly and if I am not wrong once or twice from LA and my experience has been stellar

From what u have ready from this thread and many gamefly threads before this is that xbox369 games from gamefly are a risky buy but ps3 versions usually are like new

#791 Enixbelmont

Enixbelmont

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

When exactly does gamefly start listing new games? Don't they do it on a monthly basis or something? Or is it random?

I'd really like to buy Asura's wrath but when the cheapest around is 45 used, I figure gamefly is a very likely candidate for the first place to have it cheap.

#792 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

target just had it for 30 a couple weeks ago, so gamefly would be the second.

I'd really like to buy Asura's wrath but when the cheapest around is 45 used, I figure gamefly is a very likely candidate for the first place to have it cheap.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#793 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

I kInd of wonder how many copies of Catherine GameFly ordered when it first came out. I mean, it goes in sale almost every time they have a sale like this, always sells out, yet constantly gets restocked all the while remaining "high" as a rental option.

#794 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

I kInd of wonder how many copies of Catherine GameFly ordered when it first came out. I mean, it goes in sale almost every time they have a sale like this, always sells out, yet constantly gets restocked all the while remaining "high" as a rental option.

Good point. I believe this was the third or fourth time that they offered it through their sales. I believe it was $24.99, and $14.99 respectively. I think they probably ordered 1,000 copies in all. 500 for Xbox, and 500 for PS3. If they offered 300 copies for all of the sales combined (150 each console) , they'd still have quite a few to rent/sale. I hope that makes sense, lol.

#795 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

GameFly got back to me about the missing slipcover from my Halo Anniversary. Said they were shipping out a replacement case and manual. Didn't say slipcover specifically, but hopefully it's included this time.

I guess they make enough money that they can afford to do this, to placate completist weirdos like myself.

#796 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Wow I'm surprised these deals are still live, considering the sale was supposed to end yesterday.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#797 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

GameFly got back to me about the missing slipcover from my Halo Anniversary. Said they were shipping out a replacement case and manual. Didn't say slipcover specifically, but hopefully it's included this time.

I guess they make enough money that they can afford to do this, to placate completist weirdos like myself.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same way. Gohastings sent me White Knight Chronicles II and it didn't have a manual, so i went to Gamestop and took one from one of their copies. Lmao :lol:

#798 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, Gamefly is slow to update their store. I'm maintaining the PC Download Sale thread and sometimes had to wait till 10.xx AM to finally post the updated prices.

Get it while it's hot folks, don't know how much longer Gamefly will let this run.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#799 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same way. Gohastings sent me White Knight Chronicles II and it didn't have a manual, so i went to Gamestop and took one from one of their copies. Lmao :lol:

Lol, that's great. I considered doing that for my copy of Yakuza 3 that I snagged for $6. My friend stopped me though, lol.

#800 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

ive been waiting for a cheap deal on WWE AllStars. will be the first wrestling game ive bought sense smackdown here comes the pain on PS2

Probably the best one since then as well, unless you count Fire Pro. I had a ton of fun with All-Stars, it's fast-paced, arcade-style rasslin' at its finest.

#801 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Holy crap. I decided to try GF rental for a month and my first disc just arrived yesterday (Twisted Metal). Disc was scratched up and chipped, but I figured that since it's a BR disc, it's tough enough. Damn thing made my PS3 scream. I've never heard it work so hard to read a disc. Game wouldn't get past the loading screen, so I rebooted my PS3. That didn't work, so I deleted all the patches and re-downloaded them. Still wouldn't get past the loading screen, all the while the BR drive is spinning like there's no tomorrow. Sending that demon spawn back.

Not a great first experience with GF rental, especially when out of the last 5 discs I've bought from them (out of 20+) are coming in chipped. Are they using some new resurfacer or something?

#802 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

For anyone who has WWE All Stars, can you confirm if the game freezes for a split second after a K.O. win while the loading symbol pops up in the corner because mine does it and I'm afraid the chips around the edge of the disc may be making it a bit more difficult to read and causing this.

I got WWE All Stars for PS3, and while my copy does not freeze the game after KO, the drive has a hell of a time reading the disc, it makes quite a racket. All three games I ordered had chips, but this was the only one that had this problem once I started playing the game. So back it goes. I've seen this game start to hit the clearance cycle at Target, so a new copy for $14 or so doesn't sound unreasonable. Don't know if I'll bother, as I did not find the game to be very fun at all.

#803 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Well that makes three, my first Dark Souls CE I bought didn't come with the slipcover from AWD. So I just HAD to have that damn slipcover and bought another CE from Half.com for $35, that one came complete with everything. Now I have two for no real apparent reason.. :roll:

#804 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

so we can expect new deals tonight?

#805 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Lol, that's great. I considered doing that for my copy of Yakuza 3 that I snagged for $6. My friend stopped me though, lol.

I just grabbed Yakuza: Dead Souls the other day, its a pretty sweet game and is the first one in the series that I have played.

#806 blakesgameroom

blakesgameroom

Collector 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

I just grabbed Yakuza: Dead Souls the other day, its a pretty sweet game and is the first one in the series that I have played.

Just to let you know, Dead souls really isnt like any of the other ones

#807 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

you have to play the other ones they are awesome and very good story

#808 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Just to let you know, Dead souls really isnt like any of the other ones

I know that, but I got so wrapped up in the story of Dead Souls (I know its a spin-off), that I'm interested in playing the others. I've seen Yakuza 3 for cheap and 4 fluctuates in price.

#809 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

I have bought many games from gamefly all for ps3 and never even once did I get a disk that didn't look like brand new. I get my games from Dallas gamefly and if I am not wrong once or twice from LA and my experience has been stellar

From what u have ready from this thread and many gamefly threads before this is that xbox369 games from gamefly are a risky buy but ps3 versions usually are like new

Not sure where you've gotten the impression that only Xbox 360 discs come chipped up. It's exactly the same with PS3 discs. Thanks for the info on the Dallas DC though; sounds like that might be a good one.

Not a great first experience with GF rental, especially when out of the last 5 discs I've bought from them (out of 20+) are coming in chipped. Are they using some new resurfacer or something?

Sounds like they're shipping to you from a different distribution center. Or perhaps that resurfacing machine local to your DC is starting to have the same problem as the other machines.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#810 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

I got WWE All Stars for PS3, and while my copy does not freeze the game after KO, the drive has a hell of a time reading the disc, it makes quite a racket. All three games I ordered had chips, but this was the only one that had this problem once I started playing the game. So back it goes. I've seen this game start to hit the clearance cycle at Target, so a new copy for $14 or so doesn't sound unreasonable. Don't know if I'll bother, as I did not find the game to be very fun at all.

I hope mine is normal. It does it for only a split second and the loading/saving logo pops up in the corner so I'm assuming it's a normal action since none of the chips are that bad. I don't hear my PS3 get any louder either.