Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

• Please log in to reply
897 replies to this topic

#811 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

:360:AC:R showed up from Gamefly last night -- easily the best looking game I've ever received from them. Not a single scratch on the disc, I was pleasantly surprised!

#812 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I got my copies of Sonic Generations:ps3: and Final Fantasy XIII-2:ps3: yesterday from Gamefly and it was from Pittsburgh and both were in great condition (Sonic Generations had like maybe 2 chips? FFXIII-2 was immaculate though) which surprised me because from what many were saying within this thread, the Pittsburgh center is pretty bad.

#813 csmason1

csmason1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

I like having manuals simply b/c I selll every game on eBay once I've finished it. The "complete w/ original case and manual" hook always brings a little more interest and higher sale price to an auction, if only b/c the buyer is less inclined to think that they're buying a former Blockbuster rental.

#814 csmason1

csmason1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

(GS employee viewing live video of manual thief)
GS Emp: Wait...did that guy just...open one of our used cases and take out the freaking manual??? What is he thinking???

GS Manager: Rewind that....yeah....yeah, I think he did.

GS Emp (getting up from his chair): Well, shouldn't we go stop him before he leaves the store?

GS Manager (puts hand on employee's shoulder): No, man...No. Just let him go. Let him go.

#815 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

I got my copies of Sonic Generations:ps3: and Final Fantasy XIII-2:ps3: yesterday from Gamefly and it was from Pittsburgh and both were in great condition (Sonic Generations had like maybe 2 chips? FFXIII-2 was immaculate though) which surprised me because from what many were saying within this thread, the Pittsburgh center is pretty bad.

Honestly I think you only hear the horror stories so you get an unbalanced view. All of my orders from Gamestop have come in good to excellent shape so far (knock on wood...)

#816 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Honestly I think you only hear the horror stories so you get an unbalanced view. All of my orders from Gamestop have come in good to excellent shape so far (knock on wood...)

Gamefly ;)

#817 frogkopf

frogkopf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

About 90% of the games I've bought from Gamefly (probably about 60 games so far), have been in mint or near mint condition. The other 10% (always 360 games), have had noticeable scratches and two have been bad enough that I've sent them back. Virtually every PS3 game I've bought from them has been in like new condition.

Gamestop on the other hand seem to sell the shitty games online that they can't sell in store, especially during their b2g1 sales. During these sales, there is a 90% chance that one or more game will come in a generic black case without a manual and will be scuffed up. I refuse to buy any games above $10 from Gamestop for this reason.

#818 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

About 90% of the games I've bought from Gamefly (probably about 60 games so far), have been in mint or near mint condition. The other 10% (always 360 games), have had noticeable scratches and two have been bad enough that I've sent them back. Virtually every PS3 game I've bought from them has been in like new condition.

Gamestop on the other hand seem to sell the shitty games online that they can't sell in store, especially during their b2g1 sales. During these sales, there is a 90% chance that one or more game will come in a generic black case without a manual and will be scuffed up. I refuse to buy any games above $10 from Gamestop for this reason.

This is because you're served by a DC with a good machine. There are other accounts of CAGs buying 10+ PS3 discs and getting all of them or nearly all of them with chips. You also should look back over those 60+ games closely on the edges with a good light. Odds are you will find some chips.

Good to hear that someone got a disc in good shape from the Pittsburgh center though.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#819 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Just chiming in to say I received my ps3 silent hill collection in fine condition, no scratches or damage. Also from Pittsburg. Still have to wait for my Ace Combat to come in.

test.gif

#820 LifeMakesMeLOL

LifeMakesMeLOL

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

Hmm. I've gotten 15~ games from gamefly, and Fight Night 3 was the only one I've ever received with a chip on it, although it played fine. Bully SE was scratched to hell, but I never encountered a problem while playing it. All the rest were in near perfect condition.

I guess some people are just plain unlucky.

#821 Shinoto

Shinoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

Well this is stupid as shit. I get a defective copy of Ace Combat:AA. I report it broken and expect just a return and exchange.

"Our system does not allow for a 1 to 1 exchange"

"But you can buy it again at the current higher price"

Fucking cunts.
:drool:

#822 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

Well this is stupid as shit. I get a defective copy of Ace Combat:AA. I report it broken and expect just a return and exchange.

Fucking cunts.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, call Visa (or whoever) and tell them your situation. They will most likely fix your problem. Paying with a credit card protects the buyer from getting screwed.

#823 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, call Visa (or whoever) and tell them your situation. They will most likely fix your problem. Paying with a credit card protects the buyer from getting screwed.

Gamefly will refund him, he's upset that he can't exchange the damaged one for a new one.

His options are: return for full refund, and either buy it at the higher price, wait for another sale, or take his $ elsewhere, or keep it.

Yes that part about Gamefly sucks, but at least you get your $ back easily. Luckily the one time I had to return a game, it went on sale again within days and I was able to re-buy at the sale price.

#824 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

Pay day is tomorrow :applause:. I need Catherine to go on sale next week. Come on GF make it happen!!!!

#825 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Fucking cunts.

Yeah that has happened to me before and it sucks. GF's customer service really sucks. And yet I keep checking these pages. :P

#826 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

Are there actually going to be any deals in this thread any time soon? I keep checking back because it's always a dang hog call each night as to whether the new deals get posted or the old deals stay in the topic for three days after the fact.

But what does it keep getting bumped for? 42 pages later, what else is there to talk about but CHIPPED DISKS AGAIN. STILL. 42 PAGES OF NOTHING BUT CHIPPED DISCS
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#827 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

Are there actually going to be any deals in this thread any time soon? I keep checking back because it's always a dang hog call each night as to whether the new deals get posted or the old deals stay in the topic for three days after the fact.

But what does it keep getting bumped for? 42 pages later, what else is there to talk about but CHIPPED DISKS AGAIN. STILL. 42 PAGES OF NOTHING BUT CHIPPED DISCS

So true. I think I liked it better when people didn't know or didn't care about the chips... every time these damned chips are mentioned there is a flood of newcomers who are worried/inquisitive about the chips that everyone is talking about, regulars who want to update us on the condition of games they received, and stoners who were looking for cool ranch dorito chips but accidentally stumbled on this page. Like a sucker I keep going to the thread to see if there's a deal but it's always just people going on about "Chipgate" (trademark pending)

#828 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

and i liked it better when u didn't post. bump, just to annoy u.
if u are really sooooooooo adamant about getting in on gamefly deals,
go to www.gamefly.com- store- and press F5 all night.

this is a forum that involves community discussion, not a deal/coupon hand me out site like slick deals. fucking nerve.

So true. I think I liked it better when people didn't know or didn't care about the chips... \\regulars who want to update us on the condition of games they received,
(trademark pending)

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#829 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

Chipped Discs FTL
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#830 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

So true. I think I liked it better when people didn't know or didn't care about the chips... every time these damned chips are mentioned there is a flood of newcomers who are worried/inquisitive about the chips that everyone is talking about, regulars who want to update us on the condition of games they received, and stoners who were looking for cool ranch dorito chips but accidentally stumbled on this page. Like a sucker I keep going to the thread to see if there's a deal but it's always just people going on about "Chipgate" (trademark pending)

Yes, it was so much better when no one knew they were likely going to get beat up discs. :roll:

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#831 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

i'll send you a pm when the next sale starts so you don't have to worry about this thread hurting you anymore

#832 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

and i liked it better when u didn't post. bump, just to annoy u.

This might have an impact on our budding friendship.

this is a forum that involves community discussion, not a deal/coupon hand me out site like slick deals.

My bad, I should've realized when the poster above called gamefly "fucking cunts" that this was a high-brow community discussion thread.

Yes, it was so much better when no one knew they were likely going to get beat up discs.

That's kind of the point. Most people didn't even know. They checked for scratches, put it in their system and when it played fine they didn't give it a second thought, but now it's like people can't sleep properly without knowing if their game is going to have chips, even if it works just fine. Yeah, collector types won't like the chips, but don't nearly all of them pretty much know by now to stay away from gamefly? Do we still need constant status updates on game conditions or chunlirocks popping in to say "chipped discs ftl" to keep them aware?

#833 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

i've received both chipped and nonchipped discs from gamefly- it usually depends on the popularity of the title. imo its better that the thread be bumped w/ discussion and stay on the first page then go silent, get buried and then someone has to go looking for it in previous pages just to post the next wave of deals considering cheapy doesn't always get to it. the info about discs and who has received what might be irrelevant to you but its helpful to others that purchased the same games or are prospective buyers.
if you can't understand that then you're not living up to your cag tag.

This might have an impact on our budding friendship.

now playing:

#834 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Just came in to say my copy of Ace Combat (also from Pitt) came in and is mint. All of the purchases from gamefly during their sales over the years and I haven't received any damaged copies.

test.gif

#835 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

There's lots of threads on CAG that get consistently bumped without new deals. The XBL thread is almost always on the front page, despite the fact that deals usually only post once a week. Not exactly sure what you're complaining about (as usual)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#836 Foxconn Worker

Foxconn Worker

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

can someone show me a pic of a chipped game because i honestly have never came upon this problem. starting 2 become some kinda urban legend 4 me lol

#837 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

u just released the kraken.

now playing:

#838 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

can someone show me a pic of a chipped game because i honestly have never came upon this problem. starting 2 become some kinda urban legend 4 me lol

http://www.cheapassg...hp?albumid=7864, assuming you're not just trying to rile people up.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#839 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

I've gotten one or two that have mild chipping so I know it happens. But I don't remember people ranting non-stop about chipping two year ago through the beginning of this year when I started buying a ton of games from them.
So it's either blown out of proportion and exaggerated or it just happens a lot more now. I believe it's the latter but I am also inclined to believe that a couple specific people have made it seem like a bigger deal than it is.

#840 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

So it's either blown out of proportion and exaggerated or it just happens a lot more now. I believe it's the latter but I am also inclined to believe that a couple specific people have made it seem like a bigger deal than it is.

I'd say you're right on the button. Pretty much all that anyone needs to know is:

1. Gamefly sends out a lot of chipped discs.
2. The chipped discs seem to play fine (and if a disc isn't playing for you, Gamefly will have no problem refunding your money)
3. If you will not accept chipped discs, then Gamefly and this thread is not for you.

Anything beyond this is "people making it a bigger deal than it is".