Free Shipping at Half.com

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#1 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Free shipping at half.com (up to $25 worth) with code FREESHIP. Must have a $10 minimum purchase.

Not sure how long this will last. I used it to get a bunch of old Genesis & 64 games, though you may find some good deals on newer gen games too.

#2 angel001

angel001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

free shipping is always good, and half.com is fast
You've Just Entered the NO-FLY ZONE!
http://www.fggsgsf.com/f/images/air

#3 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

only up to $25 worth? LAME. but i guess OP is right it would be good for some older console games

Posted Image

[CDs=450] [DVDs=727] [VGs=434] [Books=183]

6% Cash back on BestBuy.com (can use for in-store pick up too!)!
http://www.topcashba...m/ref/cidsaijin

Spoiler

Spoiler

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#4 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

only up to $25 worth? LAME. but i guess OP is right it would be good for some older console games

Sorry if it's not clear. It's up to $25 worth of free shipping, not free shipping on up to $25 worth of merchandise. It's like $3.50 per item to ship, so you can get up to like 7 items or so to ship free no matter how high each item costs (as long as you hit the $10 min.).

#5 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Any idea how long this is good for? There are a TON of 75cent (minimum listable amount) Books, CDs & DVDs that usually end up costing $3-$4 each. If you find about 11 items that are in the $1 range, you can score the entire $25 off.

EDIT: Never noticed before that Game of Thrones on DVD is so cheap: $16 brand new.

ALSO: Heroes Season 1: 75cents :) (season 2: $2) (still not buying it)

Edited by Kerig, 25 May 2012 - 02:54 PM.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#6 V3rtigo

V3rtigo

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Spent 30 minutes filling my cart. Then I got an error and it emptied my entire cart and the items in there are not available any more. Lame. Then it did it again.

#7 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Same thing happened to me, was adding stuff to my cart and now I get "The page you are trying to access has encountered problems. Please try again later."

#8 V3rtigo

V3rtigo

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

And now, "FREESHIP: This coupon has been used." and I haven't even made an order yet. wtf? Seriously, how can a site this big be this broken?

#9 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Wow, what a POS lol. I was about to checkout again after re-adding all my stuff to my cart and I get "Posted ImageYou currently have no items in your cart". Seems if only ONE thing goes out of stock it screws your cart up, either that or their site is screwing up big time right now.

#10 V3rtigo

V3rtigo

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

I don't think it's even one thing going out of stock. The stuff I'm adding is not exactly popular (old n64 sports games). Half.com locks items that you add to your cart for 1 hour. If you don't go through checkout in an hour, it goes back in inventory. Well, my stuff is now locked up and even I can't get to it.

http://product.half....99/2010&tg=info

It had 6 items for sale 30 minutes ago. Now there are none. I've got them all locked up.

#11 Fishious

Fishious

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

Huh, looks like I actually made it through checkout just fine. Ordered a GBA game to get me over $10 and a bunch of Discworld books. As a tip, if you order multiple items from the same merchant the shipping cost of each additional item is reduced so you can stretch your free shipping value farther.

#12 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thanks, OP! I order lots on Half, so this all good.

cagSig.png515886.png

#13 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

And now, "FREESHIP: This coupon has been used." and I haven't even made an order yet. wtf? Seriously, how can a site this big be this broken?

Can it only be used once per account?

#14 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't think it's even one thing going out of stock. The stuff I'm adding is not exactly popular (old n64 sports games). Half.com locks items that you add to your cart for 1 hour. If you don't go through checkout in an hour, it goes back in inventory. Well, my stuff is now locked up and even I can't get to it.

http://product.half....99/2010&tg=info

It had 6 items for sale 30 minutes ago. Now there are none. I've got them all locked up.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know that, no wonder none of the items I had in my cart show up anymore. Figured people snatched them.

Can it only be used once per account?

I'm not even logged in, I cleared my cookies/cache & it still says "Code Used" for me.

Has anyone else tried it and been able to checkout just fine?

Edit: Well I just tried with Chrome, went Incognito and was able to apply the code just fine. Too bad everything I had in my cart is now in limbo.

#15 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

People getting let down by Half.com? Wow, what a shock. :dunce:

#16 AT7Vette

AT7Vette

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Code worked for me. Got Mega Man X Collection (PS2), Super Black Bass, College Slam, Mario Paint (SNES), Gyruss, MagMax, and TMNT (NES) for 17.49 shipped.

Thanks op!

#17 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Can this code only be used once per account?

#18 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Knocked off a good chunk of my old wishlist! Easily maxed out the $25 shipping limit!

Forsaken 64 (N64) $0.75
Forsaken (PS1) $0.99
Link's Crossbow Training (Wii) $2.45
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Wii) $2.60
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am (PS2) $3.49
Dragon's Lair 3D (Xbox) $4
Anchorman (DVD) $3.95

Thanks, OP!

cagSig.png515886.png

#19 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Can this code only be used once per account?

Yes, it can only be used once per account. That was difficult.

#20 Kerig

Kerig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

^ Problem is once it does the "no items in cart" crash during checkout, the system also thinks you've already used the code. I can redo my cart & add the code, but once I sign in it says "code already used".

Guess I'll try and install chrome now.

cag%20kerig.png

#21 williams90

williams90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Also, code "SPRINGTEN" will get you 10% off $50 or more purchase on half.com if that works out better than the free shipping.

#22 V3rtigo

V3rtigo

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

I didn't have to install chrome but I did email customer service. Never heard back from them but my missing items just magically appeared on the cart page, but not in the cart. Theyre now in the bottom section for stuff you have viewed recently. I was finally able to check out with the code.

#23 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Yep was about to post about this too, I sat here waiting to see when they would pop back up, and sure enough they did! so thanks again for the tip, just finished checking out! Did it as fast as I could this time lol.

Code worked this time, ended up buying several games older PS3 games, and a few oldschool PS1 games that I still have fond memories of. This made it a little easier to pull the trigger for.
Thanks OP! Oh, and sorry I called you a POS, Mr. eBay..

... NOT! :D

#24 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

This is an awesome deal for those items that are $3-5 where shipping would normally "kill the deal".

Picked up some books and Xbox 1 games (Max Payne 1 & 2 for example) for about $28 shipped total.
76561197996844513.png

#25 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

is half.com good for getting stuff cheap or is it crap? I honestly never heard of it till now!

#26 Kerig

Kerig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Alrighty, I don't think there's a need to install Chrome (though I did anyway) or E-mail them. When a cart failure happens, you just have to wait an hour for everything to reset, including code (non-)usage.

Picked up:

Gears of War 2 $5
Gunstringer Download Code $4 (more still available)
Child of Eden Download Code $3 (more still available)
Beowulf (360) (75 cents!)
The Batman Season 5 DVD $4
Unwrapped vol. 1 DVD $7
Baby: secret of the lost legend Blu-ray $1
Legend of the Guardians (owls) Blu-ray $2

$26.67 after $23.22 shipping discount. I could have kept going, but I was nearing the discount limit.

I was upset when Unwrapped went into limbo. It was my #1 want on the cheap and I thought someone else bought it while I was having issues. 1 hour later it popped back as available.

Very fun shopping, thanks OP!

Edited by Kerig, 25 May 2012 - 05:59 PM.

cag%20kerig.png

#27 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'd say so, yeah. There's been times where I'll check everywhere else (Amazon, eBay) and the game I'm looking for costs more.

For example, I just bought Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition for $50, when on eBay it usually sells for $60+.

Then I bought several PS3 games, for $6-9. Usually the deal killer like N3UROPOD said, being the shipping charges.

...Now that I think about it, Fuck. Should have purchased that Deluxe Edition with the SPRINGTEN code instead. Ah well.

Anyways here's what I bought,

Crisis Core + UMD Pre-Order Case (Supposedly) - $6
Naughty Bear (For the Lolz) - $6
Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition - $50
Final Fantasy XII CE (Never bought cause it was my least favorite of the series) - $8
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $9
Metal Gear Solid (Black Label) - $8
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Ultimate Edition) - $9.25

Total: $96.24

I was upset when Unwrapped went into limbo. It was my #1 want on the cheap and I thought someone else bought it while I was having issues. 1 hour later it popped back as available.

Very fun shopping, thanks OP!

Nah you don't need Chrome, I only mentioned it cause I mainly use Firefox. So I wanted to use a different browser only to check if it was possibly my FF that had the issues and not the page.

#28 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

There were a lot of cheap 360 games but I just knew if I got them I'd probably never play them :(

I did pick up Gears of War Limited Collector's Edition and Majin amd the Forsaken Kingdom for a total of $15 shipped! I've been wanting both for a while. Thanks OP!

#29 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

is half.com good for getting stuff cheap or is it crap? I honestly never heard of it till now!

Same as ebay. Much better for sellers though. Make sure you look at the sellers rating and number of transactions and the description.

Not all sellers respect half's quality convention (i.e. I got Gears of War a few years ago marked very good in a case that was chewed by a dog). I have been buying and selling with them for years and have had very few issues.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#30 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

I placed an order for my girl friend. All she cares is that cartridge is not broken and game functions so if it comes through "Acceptable" then she will be happy.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image